Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Is Timeless by ReeMarie LeBeau

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter as you should know.

Chapter 1- Issues

Hermione tossed and turned in her bed. Just trying to get out of a nightmare that had been real.

Hermione laid in her bed staring at the ceiling. It was late in august and the moon shown beautifully through her window reflecting off her peach walls. Though she couldn't enjoy it. Her head pounded and her arms were wrapped around her knees. She tried to forget the pain that surged through her body. A few tears escaped her eyes as she thought about what had transpired. Her stepfather William had just came home from being out. In his usual long brown trench coat and jeans. His black hair was messy and oily and didn't complement is long face. He had been drinking again and smelt like smoke. When he arrived he went straight to Hermione's mother who was always sitting on the couch waiting for him.

"Grace, where's my food," he yelled.

"I told Hermione to make it," she said plainly.

"Then where is it?" He pointed to the clear table.

"I don't know. Ask her!" she snapped.

"Don't you dare speak to me that way," he said, slapping her in the face. Grace didn't even defend herself. She just held her face and looked back at the television. William grunted and began walking up the stairs. Hermione heard the shouting and began to panic. He's back. She didn't know he was home yet since she just got out the shower. She was drying her hair while looking in the mirror. On her rib cage was a bruise that she got only a few days before for spending too much time on her homework from Hogwarts.

Hermione snapped out her thoughts when there was a pound on the door.

"Um--Yes?" The nervousness was apparent in her voice.

"What are you doing in there?!" Hermione froze. She wasn't expecting him home so soon and knew why he was unhappy.

"I--I was taking a shower. I'm sorry about the dinner. I didn't know you'd be home so soon." Her breath quickened. The handle to the bathroom door shuck and she remembered she didn't lock it and she dared not try too. She wrapped her towel around herself just in time when he barged in.

"How many times have a told that I want my dinner on the table when I get HOME!" She looked down to her toes. She couldn't look him in the face. She never could and she felt so vulnerable.

"I'm sorry. I just didn't expect you and-"

"I don't want to hear it! And look at me when I'm talking to you." He roughly grabbed her neck and slammed her to the wall. "You're just a selfish little wench, aren't you? Always thinking about your needs before others."

"No, I don't," she spurted. She was losing her breath.

"Don't talk back too me." More pressure was put to her neck.

"Please, I-"

"There goes that I again. What about my needs? I have needs. I have urges. What about those huh?" Hermione didn't even need to think what would happen next. It had happened before. She looked around for something she could use to get him off, but nothing was around. The bathroom was no help to her. Then she thought about her only weapon. Hermione tried to use all her strength and gave him a kick right where it should hurt. William let her go and squealed in pain Hermione ran out the bathroom and down the hall. She tried to get into her room, but it was locked.

"No, NO! Open you stupid door!" She pounded on the door. She heard the television on, but she remembered turning it off. It was then that her mother opened it. "Mum! What are you doing in there?"

"I'm sorry hun, but better you than me," she said shutting the door in Hermione's face.

“MUM! OPEN THE DOOR PLEASE!" she pleaded. She couldn't believe it. Hermione nails scraped the door, leaving long marks. By this time William had already recovered and was on his way down the hall. Hermione stood in place. She was stuck and didn't know what to do. The usually quick thinking Hermione was out of ideas. She just couldn't think.

"So, you think you can outsmart me?" He grunted sending a punch straight to her stomach. Hermione fell and doubled over in pain. "You're not as smart as everyone thinks you are." He said kicking her in the ribs. She yelled in pain. He climbed on top of her and started banging her head against the railing.

Hermione was scrunched in a ball of pain and was crying her eyes out. Once again he took over her body. Then again it wasn't her's anymore.



Hermione awoke screaming. Then she realized that she was in her bed, in the girls’ dormitory, at Hogwarts, where she was safe. Tears began to pour from her eyes. Parvati woke up at the sound of the scream and noticed that it was Hermione that screamed. She got up and walked over to Hermione's bed. Hermione looked up at Parvati and began to cry more into her shoulder.

"Parvati, how could I?"

"How you what?" She asked with a confused look on her face. This wasn't the Hermione she knew.

"How could I let that happen?

"What Hermione?" Hermione just realized that she was starting to spill out her secrets and she couldn't. She couldn't tell anyone.

"I'm sorry, Parvati. I just had the worst nightmare ever and I guess I was just thinking out loud."

"It's okay, Hermione. You want to talk about it?"

"No. I'm alright really." She said putting a fake smile on her face. "I didn't mean to wake you. Go back to sleep. I'll be fine. Trust me."

"Okay Hermione. I'll be here if you need to talk."

"Good night."

"Good night."

Parvati headed back to her bed and went right to sleep. Hermione however could not sleep. Even under the red sheets of Gryffindor tower, she kept reliving the thoughts in her head. For the first time she began to think that she could've done something. Even if it meant a fight or running away. She began to think about her best friends, Ron and Harry. They meant the world to her, but she couldn't tell them. She'd feel so ashamed. She'd feel dirtier than she already felt.


The next day...


Hermione sat in Defense Against the Dark Arts she was silent. She hadn't said a word since the class started and stared at the same page for over fifteen minutes. Harry nudged Hermione in the side. She shook her head and looked at Harry. She had bags under her eyes and they looked soulless.

"Hermione, what's been going on with you? Ever since we saw you on the train you've been acting like this," Harry whispered.

"It's nothing Harry. I just don't feel like being bothered," she explained.

"Hermione, this isn't like you. You don't care if you’re late to class, you don't care about studying, and it’s as if you don't care about Ron and I anymore."

"You know I care about you two. I'm just going through something right now and I just want to be left alone." She said turning her head and tried paying attention to the teacher.

"Why can't you tell us? I thought we were closer than that."

"Harry, I would appreciate it if you stayed out of my business."

Harry didn't know what it was, but he would find out. Something was wrong and he could feel it. Hermione could feel it too. She felt uneasy around Harry. She didn't like that she couldn't tell him. He would press her about the matters, she knew it. She took one last look at Harry and got up.

"Ms. Granger?"

"I'm sorry, Professor. I have to go." She ran out the classroom leaving everyone confused. Especially the two people that truly cared for her. Harry and Ron looked at her each other. Harry shrugged and looked back at the doors Hermione ran threw.

"What's wrong, 'Mione?"

Hermione reached up to the Gryffindor common room. There were too many people so she headed up to the dormitory. Thankfully no one was there. She sat on her bed and held her hands to her head. It was getting bad. When took that finally look at Harry she couldn't see him. All she could see was William. Hermione screamed and kicked her trunk. Things will never be the same. Ever since he died. She thought to herself. She plopped on the bed and started playing with her time turner, trying not to turn it when an idea came to mind.


AN: Hope you liked it and hope you don't think it's moving to fast and if you’re going to say something mean at least make it constructive.