Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Is Timeless by ReeMarie LeBeau

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 12: "Now You Know"



December '77



In a dark and desolate corner a dark figure sat, waiting. His face was calm, but his mind was in turmoil. How can such a vile creature be causing me so much trouble? The stupid thing hasn't even done anything yet and already I feel as if my goals are out of range. This is absolutely unacceptable to have some mudblood wreck everything I have built; my dark empire. She must go back were she came from or die!



Knock! Knock!



Who dares to interrupt my thoughts?



"P...pardon me my lord, but I have news from Wormtail," stuttered Lucius with a bow. He was nervous. He wasn't sure if the news would please his master or just piss him of more than he already is. Although their plans were going well, there was always that question as to when a road block would be there to stop them. Maybe the Ministry would show up out of no where, not that they were any match for Lord Voldemort, at least in Lucius' mind.



"Speak you pestering fool," snapped Voldemort.



"He has been informed by his friends that the girl will be spending her holidays with a fellow mudblood twit. Apparently she is the girlfriend of Potter."



"This is excellent. We may possibly be able to get rid of the little pest once and for all,” Voldemort snickered happily.



"And how is that, my lord?" asked Lucius.



"Get the Nightzbane Lucius and send it too our mousey little friend."



"Yes my lord," said Lucius as he went off to do his master's bidding.




December '97



After decided to leave Hogwarts and go to the Burrow, the three teens decided to head up to Dumbledore's office and let him know that they wanted to leave. They arrived at the gargoyle blocking the entrance to the stairs leading up to the office. Harry said the password and it moved out of the way. The three stood on the stairs. It rotated upward and came to a full stop in front of Dumbledore's office. Harry knew he was expecting them; for the door was wide open with three seats waiting for them. Harry went in first followed by Ginny with Ron coming in last.



"Ah, I was awaiting your arrival. How may I help you this fine evening?" asked Dumbledore sitting calmly behind his mahogany desk.



"You already know Professor," stated Harry.



"I do?"



"We want to go back to the burrow Professor. Staying here just keeps reminding us that she's gone," said Ron. He lowered his head sadly. He wished he had been able to tell her sorry for all the times he fought her for no reason and for all the times he acted like an ass. Now he didn't know if she was ever coming back.



"Don't worry Mr. Weasley. I had a feeling you three wouldn’t want to stay at Hogwarts during this difficult time. I have transportation already set to take the three of you and Professor Lupin back to the burrow to enjoy your vacation."



"You think of everything Professor," said Ginny.



"Well what are you still doing here? Go pack your things. You will be leaving in the morning."



"Thanks Professor!" Harry exclaimed.



"You're welcome and one more thing before you go; she's not as far as you think she is."



The three teens just nodded knowing that only he would know what he meant by that comment. They were just happy that they would be going back to the burrow to spend the holidays with family.




December '77



The Library, this was Hermione's safe haven from anything in the world because as much as you could yell and scream at books they can never yell and scream back. Book could never tell you that you're a bad friend and books could never tell you they love you. They just laid dormant until someone decided to open them. Hermione sighed. She didn't feel the way she should. She knows she should be happy, but she can't help feeling horrible. What the hell am I dribbling about? I have a great life. My family may be a bit crazy, but I have the best friends and professors in the world. Then why do I feel like crap!



Hermione banged her head on the table. She now had a splitting head, but at the moment it really didn't matter.



"I thought I'd find you here," said someone behind Hermione.



Hermione didn't hear the voice properly, but the only person she knows that would follow her is either Remus or Lily and it didn't sound like a girl. "Sorry for running off like that Remus," she stated as she began lifting her head.



"It's not that damned werewolf!" said the person. Hermione knew who it was now.



"What do you want Severus?"



"You've missed a few of our meetings."



"With good reason, we don't do anything. We sit there and talk and after we talk we study and after we study we go back to our dorms. I just don't see a point anymore. I don't think I'll ever get home," complained Hermione.



"Because I don't believe you want to go, we will discontinue our little meetings and you can continue having fun with your friends," he snapped.



"Severus, it's not that you're not my friend; it's just that when it comes to what we first set up these meeting to do isn't working. On top off it, it seems that you've been put out of the loop. For all you know there could be a plot on my life and you know nothing about it. It's just not worth the frustration." Hermione finished her statement in a soft voice. She just didn’t have the energy to argue with anyone. She stood up and walked over to him. She placed a hand on his cheek and had a smile on her face.



"You will always be a friend to me. We share something that no one else can understand and I thank you for being there, but..."



"Hermione, just stop!" growled Severus. His head hung low as it resting in his hand. "Perhaps it's best that we no longer meet. I can't stand being faced with something everyday, that I can never have."



Hermione froze. The expression on her face was one of confusion and worry. She removed her hand and placed it at her side. "I don't understand."



"Can't you tell I have feelings for you? Are you that trapped in your books and your logic to realize that? Are you too wrapped up in the arms of that werewolf to notice?" Severus spat.



Hermione didn't know what to think. It was bad enough that she was in a relationship with her future Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, but to know that her future Potions professor likes was just pushing it. She looked at him for a good while just trying to figure out what to say with out hurting his feelings, but everything she thought of sounded wrong.



"Severus you're a good person and all, but I just don't like you in the way."



"Why can't you give it a chance?"



"Because...I can't."



"Because you can't?" Severus pursued



"Yes."



"Why?" he questioned her further.



"Because!"



"Because why?"



"BECAUSE I'M WITH REMUS!" she yelled. "Now you know. Are you happy now?"



"I thought that was the reason,"



"You'll never live up to him," Hermione whispered as she turned and walked away from Severus. She didn't want to see her or talk to him for a long time.



Hermione walked through the halls of Hogwarts feeling cold and confused. I need to do something, she thought to herself as she watched some first years run by trying not to miss curfew. She frowned. She couldn't let all these people die or get hurt, not as long as she could prevent it.



Hermione's eyes began to well up with tears. She stopped and leaned against the wall and just let everything she had been feeling as of late pour out. Every emotion she was feeling, every thought in her mind were emptied through her tears.



"Hermione?" she heard someone say softly. She knew that voice anywhere. It was the voice she loved to hear whether she was up or down.



"Hermione, what's wrong? I hate seeing you like this," Remus said softly, trying to console the first girl he has ever felt this strongly for. He slipped an arm around her should and pulled her into his chest. The stood like that for a few minutes until Hermione asked a question which made Remus' heart stop.



"Why am I still here Remus?" she asked still coughing on her tears.



"What do you mean? I thought you were happy?"



"I am, it's just that...I meant why am I still here doing nothing. People are dying and I'm not doing anything about it."



Remus sighed. Not this again, he thought. He was ready to help her do anything she asks, but not when it depressed her so much. "It's not you're job to save the whole world 'Mione."



"What if it is?"



"Why do have to make things so complicated?" he grumbled.



Hermione pulled away and wiped her face. "Why do have to act like things are so simple? They’re not that simple Remus. There are people's lives that are at stake and..."



"People that haven't done a thing for you!”



“Don’t yell at me!”



“I’m sorry. Look, I am all for you Hermione and I'm not saying you should stop trying. I'm just saying that you need to take a rest and think through it all before you do something drastic," he paused and moved closer to her. "I'm not going to lose you now that I have you."



She has to smirk at that. She closed the gap between and kissed him lightly. "You're not going to lose me. I'll always be here."



"I hope so."




I’m not to happy with this chapter. I haven’t been able to concentrate on writing at all for probably the last 3 months. Sorry you guys, lets just say senior year is kicking my ***> But anyways, this chapter has a lot of meaning, but at the same time is here to hold you over until chapter 13. Hope you’re not too disappointed and I’m going to try to finish chapter 13 this Thanksgiving weekend so that it’s ready for you guys.



THANX FOR YOU’RE CONTINUING SUPPORT



R.Y. LeBeau