Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Is Timeless by ReeMarie LeBeau

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 13: Going Home

Everything was snow covered. All the trees, the hills, and the damns in the rivers they passed were all snow covered. There was a new release for the gang as they traveled through the country on the Hogwarts Express. They were heading home, or for some, heading to a friends home. Regardless, they were going somewhere safe.

Hermione looked out the window quietly as Peter played James in a game of wizards’ chess, sadly, James was losing. Who would've thought Peter to be a thinker? Sirius was counting the amount of pranks and jokes he had left from his last visit to Zonko's and Remus was holding Hermione in his arms. Sirius would occasionally look at them and stick his finger in his mouth to mimic a gagging action; he believed that they were so cute it was disgusting. They of course could care less. They told Sirius that he would act the same way when he found a girl he liked.

"Not likely," said Sirius.

At that moment Lily entered the compartment holding small bags of sweets. James was the first to swarm her and tried to take all the bags, but Lily slapped him away.

"They're for everybody you giant git," said Lily seriously, although she could help but smile at his puppy dog eyes.

"Hey, that's my look. I taught you that look, but you weren't supposed to use it!" yelled Sirius.

"Quiet down Sirius. Anyway, before I was rudely interrupted, HAPPY EARLY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!"

Everyone began clapping and thanked Lily has she passed the bags to their proper owner. Each bag was filled with the owner's own personal favorite sweets. The car was now completely filled with the smell of pumpkin pastries, cauldron cakes, and more. The gang was going to have a wonderful ride back home.

^*^*^*^*

The train became very active as it came to a halt. Everyone gathered there things and saying goodbye to their friends. The marauders and company however were telling each other that they would see each other later, since they planned on meeting at James' house with all their families on Christmas Day. As they exited the train, above all the people, they could see James' parents waiting for them. The entire group walked over and James introduced Hermione to his parents.

"Mum, Dad, this is Hermione Granger, she'll be staying with Lily for the holidays."

"It's wonderful to finally meet you Mr. and Mrs. Potter," said Hermione politely.

"Likewise Hermione. Well James, you always do find the nice girls. Where's Lily?" asked Mr. Potter.

"She's over there with her parents. I'll go get them." With that James ran off.

"Sirius! I see you'll be spending another year with us."

"As always, except this year I'm going to pay you back for that prank you pulled last year," replied Sirius.

"Oh, I was hoping you forgot about that," said James' father as he scratched his head.

It was awkward for Hermione to be staring at Harry's grandfather and seeing the resemblance in looks and personality between the three generations. They all had the messy black hair, although James’ father had streaks of gray, and a sense of humor to drive anyone nuts.

"Now I see where he gets it from," thought Hermione, but she didn't realize she had said her statement out loud.

"You got that right," said Mrs. Potter.

"O...Oh...Mrs. Potter!" stuttered Hermione. "I didn't realize..."

"It's okay, and call me Gabrielle," she said with a smile.

"Sorry Gabrielle."

"There’s nothing to be sorry. You can see where James gets his playful side from."

"It really is a pleasure to meet the both of you. You are a gorgeous woman."

"Thank you, but there is no need to compliment an old lady."

"You're not old."

"I know, but I like to hear it all the time."

They laughed. It seemed as if Gabrielle had a joker in her too.

"On a serious note, I should be complimenting you Hermione. You truly are a beautiful girl. The man that steals your heart is going to be a happy one."

Hermione blushed at the compliment. She never really thought of herself as beautiful. She knew she was pretty, but never took it farther than that.

"I know that blush," chuckled Gabrielle. "It was the same one I gave every time someone mentioned James' father before we got married and even now. Who is it? Don't tell me that Sirius finally decided to settle for one girl?"

"I'm not sure that is possible," laughed Hermione. "Actually it's someone else you know," she replied looking over to Remus who was talking with his mother.

"Oh, it's Remus. A fine choice. I can tell that you really care about him."

"I do," Hermione stated strongly. She didn't know what she would do if she lost him now.

"Well, I'll tell you the same thing I told Lily. When you care about someone, no matter what the cause or reason, don't let them get away from you, or you'll regret it. I know from personal experience. I almost let a wonderful man slip through my fingers and thank goodness I was able to hold on to him."

"You two are perfect for each other. I can see you two in James and Lily. They're good for each other."

"You think? Hmm...I also said that Lily would make the perfect mother and daughter-in-law"

They both chuckled. At that moment Remus came up to the duo. He placed an arm around Hermione and placed a tender kiss on her forehead.

"Hello, Mrs. Potter, how are you?"

"I'm fine Remus and I see that you are doing just fine." Remus blushed just as Hermione did minutes before.

All the friends and families said their hellos and good byes, while couples left lingering kisses until the next time they would meet.

"I'll see you soon okay," said Remus.

"Okay," replied Hermione.

The group disbanded and the Christmas holiday began

^*^*^*^*

~ At Peter's ~

It was a long way, but Peter Pettigrew finally made it home. His home was a bit shabby, but it did the job. He could smell the home cooked meal from the door, but he could also here the screaming. His parents were arguing again. It was nothing new. He opened the door slightly as to not make noise and slowly began to creep up the steps. He made it half way when he heard his mother's voice.

"Peter darling, you're home! Why didn't you tell us you were coming? We would've picked you up," said his mother.

"It's alright mum. I got a ride in," he lied.

"Oh alright. Well, dinner should be done in about fifteen minutes. Go get cleaned up."

"Okay Mum." Peter continued up the stairs to his room. He was happy to be back in the comfort of his own room. It just seemed like everything was going wrong. All that he had been working for was falling to pieces in his hand. The dark lord had promised him wealth and fame for him and his family. It would be a while before he saw the results of his labor. Though due to one girl even that is deteriorating. The dark lord had not been pleased with is work as of late and threatened his life. He would not allow his dream to fail. He would not let anyone get in his way.

"PETER! DINNER IS READY!"

"ALRIGHT MUM, I'M ON MY WAY"

Peter headed down the stairs and into the kitchen and was greeted by a wonderfully prepared home cooked meal. If there was anything that Peter loved more than anything, it was his parents. Even through their differences, they manage to get through it to support the family.

~ At Lily's ~

"This is going to be so much fun, don't you think?"

"Absolutely, this is going to be a vacation I'll never forget."

"Yeah. Um...Herm, I know that you would probably be with your family right now, but trust me, you're like family here."

"Aw! Thanks Lily! I feel so special," said Hermione while pretending to cry.

"Okay so, now what do we do?" asked Lily.

Both girls looked at each other and smiled. As if reading each other’s minds they both screamed, "MAKEOVERS!"

Hermione was happy. She had no idea of the troubles in the distant future.

^*^*^*^*

December '97

His hands were red, red all over. As one of the many colors of Christmas, it should stand for anything but pain, however in this house it stood for pain, anger, revenge, control, blood, and death. He had no regrets over what he just did as she laid in a pool of her own blood. Gashes covered her limp and near lifeless body. He knelt down by her head.

"This didn't have to happen. You could've avoided this. All you had to do was listen. All you had to do was obey. You couldn't even do that. After all these years of wanting you, I finally have you and you just had to screw it up."

He lifted his hand and knocked her in the back of her head. Blood escaped her mouth as she coughed. She grimaced at the pain, but remained silent. He then began to stroke her head.

"I will always love you Gracie."

"Liar," she spat out.

"Oh really? I'm a liar?" he replied.

She could not reply. "Do you regret meeting me Gracie?"

Her breathing was harsh and labored, so with her last breath she said, "My only...regret William...is letting you...ever...touch...my daughter!"

With that Gracie-Anne Granger passed away. She no longer had to live a life of heart ache, pain, and terror.

"Gracie? Gracie? Gracie!" William yelled in panic. He looked at his hands one last time before picking up his cell phone and calling emergency services.

"Hello, what is your emergency?"

"My wife isn't moving, isn't breathing, isn't anything."

"Did you find her this way?

"No," he answered plainly.

"Emergency services are being sent to your location. How did you find you wife?"

"I didn't mean for her to die."

^*^*^*^*

THANK YOU guys for sticking with my inconsistency. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope the end didn't upset you. Well, that's chapter 13. I don't know when chapter 14 will be out because I'm really busy. I just started college, plus work, plus sports so I'm like so out of it. I'm it's half written, hopefully it doesn't get rejected like this one did, but it's come out when it comes out. THANK YOU to everyone for all your love and support. I appreciate it.