Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Journey On Water by SK witch

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing except the plot. The rest all belongs to J.K Rowling, a story-writing genius.

Hermione sighed and put her bags down. She looked at the huge ship before her and smiled. “Finally!” she whispered to herself. She picked up her bags and went on board.

“Name?” asked a man, stopping Hermione just as she was stepping on the deck. He wore a navy suit with gold buttons and white pants. On his head was a white sailor’s cap. Hermione smiled. She had never seen a real sailor before, but the man in front of her somewhat corresponded to the image she created in her mind from the books she had read on the subject.

“Hermione Granger,” she said. The man scanned through a list he was holding and looked up. He nodded and let Hermione through.

Hermione went on deck and gasped. It was huge! The salty air, the seagulls flying above… it all seemed like a picture out of a book. She went over to a desk nearby with a woman sitting behind it and asked, “Excuse me? Could you please tell me how I can find out my room number?”

The lady smiled and replied, “Name please?”

“Hermione Granger.”

“Granger…Granger…” she mumbled, looking through a list. “Ahh… here it is. Your room number is 5290. Here is your key, and I’ll get someone to take you to your room.

“Thank you.”

“Bob! Come here!”

A man came running forward. He was wearing the same type of clothes as the other man, except that his clothes were all white with black buttons instead of gold. Hermione’s mouth opened. He was gorgeous! He had jet-black hair and hazel eyes that made her insides squirm.

“Bob, please take this lady up to her room. It’s room number 5290.”

Bob nodded to the lady and looked at Hermione. He smiled and as he took the bags from her. “If you would kindly follow me… I’ll take you to your room.” Hermione didn’t say anything. She just nodded and followed behind him.

“I didn’t catch your name back there,” said Bob, looking over his shoulder.

“I didn’t give it,” Hermione blurted out before realizing what she had said. She groaned to herself. I didn’t give it! Oh honestly! Is that all I could say?

Bob however, found it amusing. He chuckled to himself and said, “Alright then. What’s your name?”

“H-Hermione, Hermione Granger.”

“Hermione, huh? That’s a pretty name.”

Hermione blushed furiously. She was glad he was walking in front of her. She didn’t want him to see her blushing just because he thought her name was pretty.

“My name is Bob Reynolds. Nice to meet you,” he said, stopping and putting the bags down. He gave her his hand and she shook it. Hermione’s insides melted at his touch. His hand was nice and warm. She didn’t want to let go but after a few seconds, she did.

“Nice meeting you too.”

“Well this here is your room. Have a nice stay.” He winked at Hermione and left her standing there, breathless. She slowly unlocked the door and went in. It was beautiful! There was a huge, golden-brown four-poster bed, a television in front it, a beige colored sofa and wooden desk. There was also a huge balcony where there was a table, two chairs and a hammock.

She spotted another door and went over to it. She opened it and sighed with delight. It was the most amazing bathroom she had ever been in! She gave herself a little tour of this room, then closed the door to come back in her main space. “My vacation has officially begun!” she said, and with that, she ran over to her bed and jumped on it. She lay on her bed and stared up at the ceiling. She finally got the vacation she wanted. She deserved it. A few months back, Harry had defeated Voldemort, but the whole journey before that had been exhausting, terrifying and painful. After Voldemort’s defeat, Hermione wanted to get out of the wizarding world for a while. She hadn’t seen her parents for a very long time and felt like taking a break, so she left and went to her parents. She stayed with them for a few months and then decided to go on a cruise, something she had wanted to do since she was a child.

She got up from bed and changed into something more casual. She wanted to go and explore the ship. Hopefully, during her trip, she would make some new friends. She didn’t have anybody to talk to. She had asked Harry and Ron of course, but Ron didn’t understand what was so great about floating around in the water for a holiday and Harry decided to stay with Ron.

She got out of her room and walked around until she finally found the main deck. People were still checking in and on the other side of the deck, she could see Bob helping others with their bags. Her eyes roamed around until they rested on a familiar looking figure. He had blonde hair and his back was turned to her. He was talking to the lady who had told Hermione her room number. Curious, she went a bit closer until she could hear them speak.

“Name please,” asked the lady.

“Malfoy, Draco Malfoy.”

Hermione froze. No, no, no! It can’t be! She looked at the guy’s back. Same blonde hair, same figure, same voice… it had to be! She didn’t want to find out. She was slowly backing away when suddenly, someone called out her name. Talk about bad timing.

“Hermione! Hermione wait!” It was Bob. He was running towards her, holding up one of her bags. “Hermione! I forgot to take one of your bags along! I went looking for you but you had already left your room!”

“Oh thanks, Bob!” Why of all times, did you have to pick this moment to scream out my name! she thought angrily.

“No problem.” He smiled and walked off, leaving Hermione rooted to the spot with fear. She turned around to look at Malfoy. His back was no longer facing her; instead his face was turned towards her. His icy, gray eyes boring into her warm, chestnut ones. Oh no.

A/N
All thanks to my beta: simplyme! THANK YOU!