Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Journey On Water by SK witch

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hermione flickered her eyes open when the first few rays of light hit her face. She groaned and rubbed her eyes. She had fallen asleep on the hammock; bad idea. Now her whole body ached. She slowly lifted herself from the hammock and suddenly, something hard crashed onto her back. She gasped in pain and quickly looked around to see an owl on the floor.

“Pigwidgeon!”

She ran over to the small creature and carried it inside her room. Pigwidgeon, recovering from its collision, zoomed around her room, hooting and screeching.

“Pig! Get down here!” she yelled, covering her ears. “Come down right now!”

Pigwidgeon gave one last screech and landed on her bed. Hermione went over to it and untied the string to take the letter. Pigwidgeon pecked her hand and hooted softly.

“Alright, alright. I’ll give you something to eat.” Hermione cut up some apples, that were placed beside her bed, and placed them in a bowl for him to have. Pigwidgeon immediately flew over to it and started swallowing it down. Smiling, Hermione unfolded the letter and started reading.

Herms!

How are you? Are you on the ship already? Ron and I are both writing this by the way…didn’t want to send two different letters! So, tell us everything! Are you enjoying yourself? We definitely are! Obviously, we haven’t looked for jobs yet…We want to have some free time of our own, so we lounge around all day. We play loads of Quidditch and since I’m staying with Ron, we also have to help Mrs Weasley around the house. Now, aren’t we helpful? Anyway, we want you to reply real quick. We have to know how your holiday is getting along!

Love,
Harry and Ron


Hermione grinned and folded up the letter. How she loved those two. They both were truly like her brothers. She could never be bored around those two and she always felt protected. She quickly got out a quill and paper and started writing.

Harry, Ron!

It’s brilliant to hear from you guys! I’m missing you both so much! Actually, I’m having a wonderful time! You both should have come along with me, it really would have been an experience for both of you!
I’m happy to know that you guys have finally got the sense to help around the house and I hope you haven’t given her a hard time! Honestly, the whole house must be in chaos with the entire family there. But, I’m sure you’re all having a ball! There’s one downer in my holiday. Malfoy is here too. Yes, Malfoy! I couldn’t believe it! I just hope he doesn’t ruin everything. Anyway, that’s it for now. Hope you both behave yourselves.

Love,
Herms


She re-read the letter, folded it and tied it on Pigwidgeon’s leg. “Fly safely,” she whispered. Pigwidgeon hooted and flew into the morning sky.

Hermione spent the rest of the morning unpacking her bags and arranging all her clothes neatly into a cupboard. She was folding her last pair of jeans when all of a sudden, music errupted from the next room. What the bloody hell is wrong with him! She tried to ignore the noise, but after a couple of seconds, she couldn’t take it.

“Malfoy!” she yelled, banging on his door. “Malfoy! Shut the damn music!”

Malfoy opened the door, his hands covering his ears.

“The music is too loud! Put it off!” she yelled.

“What? What the hell are you saying?”

Hermione shoved malfoy aside and stormed into the room. She picked up the remote control, which was lying on the floor, and shut the music off. “Malfoy! What the hell do you think you’re doing! Do you know how loud that music was? You’re such a - ”

“You talk way too much for your own good, Granger. Could it be possible that I turned it on by mistake? Or maybe, I don’t know how to operate this bloody muggle contraption!” said Malfoy angrily, his face flushed.

Hermione whispered a small, “oh!” and blushed. “I’m sorry…I didn’t know…”

A little taken aback by her apology, Malfoy just said, “It’s alright.”

Hermione, relieved that Malfoy accepted her apology, nodded her head awkwardly. Without saying another word, she slowly walked to the door, looked at Malfoy, and closed the door behind her.

***


Malfoy stood where he was once she had left. He was a little shocked to hear an apology…Especially from Granger. He had never said ‘sorry’ in his life and no one had ever apologized to him and actually meant it.

He was brought back to reality when he heard a knock on the door. He opened the door to find a man holding a letter.

“May I help you?” asked Draco, curiously.

“Good morning, sir! I have a letter for you. It’s an invitation to a party, which is held this evening, for our guests on this cruise. It is optional, of course. This party is held for welcoming all the guests.”

Malfoy took the letter and said, “Thank you.” The man nodded curtly and went over to the other rooms to hand out the invitations. He went back inside, sat on his bed and started reading the invitation.

***


Hermione eagerly opened the invitation the man had given her, and started reading.

Dear guest,

We are glad to welcome you on board this ship. We are hosting a small gathering on the main deck this evening as to welcome all our guests. This event will start at 21:00. This is a great opportunity to get to know other people and celebrate this evening with us. There will be a live band, refreshments, dinner and desert and fireworks to end the evening.

We hope to see you there today.
Yours sincerely,
Captain and the Cabin Crew.


Hermione squealed in delight. This was her chance to make new friends and socialize with other people! She threw open the cupboard, where all her clothes were neatly folded, and smiled. Thank heavens she had brought along her favourite dresses and some formal clothes.


A/N:
Yeah I know, I know...this chapter isn't that long!! But I promise that the next few chapters will be way longer! And of course...LOADS of thanks to my BETA.