Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting to the truth by iceblue

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 1: Making plans


It was two weeks into the summer holidays, and Harry Potter was staying at number 4 Privet Drive. His last year at Hogwarts was his worst ever, his Godfather had died, because of him, he had nearly killed his best friends Hermione and Ron, along with Ginny and Neville. His conscience was kicking in and giving him a hard time, and to make matters worse Dudley his cousin was being more irritating than usual.

No one from the Order had contacted Harry in two weeks, not even Hermione who he thought he would be able to count on. He needed desperately needed to talk to her, but would she answer? He had to try. He got his best quill, some parchment and wrote a letter to Hermione …

Dear Hermione,
Haven’t heard from you in a while, hope everything is all right, just wondering what is happening. I know you can’t say much but please reply, need to know you are all right. I did not have time to talk to you after the Department Of Mysteries. I need to say sorry for nearly getting you killed, I am really, really sorry. I hope you can forgive my stupidity. There is something else I have to talk to you about, but can’t in a letter, is there any chance of meeting or taking on the phone? It really is urgent that I talk to you, only you can help me, please don’t tell Ron or anyone.

Love from Harry


‘That will do, Hedwig take this to Hermione and make sure she sends me a reply.’ Harry was talking to his faithful owl, he looked out of the window as she flew out of sight. It was now 10:40 pm, and as Harry lay in bed sleeping he had a weird dream…

***


‘Harry, please help, HARRY’ Hermione’s voice echoed through the Department Of Mysteries as Harry was trying to save the prophecy. As he heard her he turned around and saw that Hermione was about to be killed by Luscious Malfoy. ‘No’ Harry screamed as he ran as fast as he could towards to Hermione as the prophecy dropped to the ground smashing, but he did not care, he could not let his best friend die, she had always been there for him, even more than Ron. Yes Ron was great for talking about Quidditch but he did not know him as well as Hermione did. She knew him better than anyone in the world, he could talk to her about anything. He could not let her die. As he ran towards her he took out his wand as screamed ‘Avada Kavada’ at the top of his voice. Suddenly a bright green bolt of light erupted from his want and hit Malfoy in the chest, but was he too late, Hermione was lying on the floor, was she alive? Had his stupidity killed his best friend? As he skidded along the floor eventually stopping next to Hermione, he looked down upon her, took her hand and held it, was she dead? ‘Hermione, please don’t be dead, I could never forgive myself’ Harry whispered into her ear, suddenly her hand tighten around his, she was alive. He looked at her she opened her eyes, smiling at him and said ‘Thank you for saving my life’, ‘It’s ok, just glad you are all right’. As Harry said this he lent down and picked her up and carried her out of the department. Waiting fro them was Dumbledore…

***


Harry woke up from his dream by the sound of Hedwig. ‘Good girl’ Harry said as he took the note from her leg and read it…

Dear Harry,
Don’t blame your self for what happened to me, I am all right now (thanks to you). Don’t go worrying about it, it’s in the past. You must look forward and forget anything which has previously happened. I have not been able to contact you as Dumbledore said it would not be appropriate in case the owls are intercepted. I have arranged to see you, meet me tomorrow outside the Millennium Eye, London at 110clock. Can’t say anymore now.
Hope to see you tomorrow,
With love,
Hermione


Harry read this letter many times hoping to find a hidden message somewhere inside it, was he missing something, meet me tomorrow, was this all she could say? At least he would be able to meet up with her soon, and hopefully talk to her about all of the thoughts which were going through his head. Hermione was the only person in the world which he felt he could open up to, and trust.

As he finished reading the letter he looked at his clock it read 3:35, he needed to get some sleep, especially if was he was going to London. How was he going to get there, Vernon wouldn’t take him, he could fly, but it was too risky, then he had a thought he could use the Knight Bus, or what ever it was called during the day. Yes that’s what he would do. As he slowly fell asleep all he could think about was Hermione and getting some answers from her.

It was now 7:45 in the morning, and time to get ready to meet Hermione, but what was he going to tell his aunt and uncle, they would never let him meet ‘one of his freaky friends’ and his uncle would have put it. He could just leave, he normally went out for the whole day and didn’t return until night, he supposed this would be fine, they would never know.

***


I was 10:00 and time to leave, Harry left the house as usual, walked down the street and stuck out his wand. Suddenly a triple decked bus stopped in from of him. A man named Stan came out of the bus and greeted him ‘Hello Harry, where to today?’ As he went on the bus he was amazed as the bus did not have beds but rows and rows of seats which were all full. The whole bus seemed to be full.
‘Erm to London please, s close to the Millennium Eye as possible, do you know where it is?’
‘That big circular thing by the river’ Ernie enquired
‘Yes’ Harry replied
‘Yes we know where that is don’t we Stan, nearly knocked to bloody thing down when the first built it, luckily we stopped centimetres away from it’. Harry just smiled and went onto the second deck, as the bus began to move, they were going down a motor way, BANG, they were going through a housing estate, BANG, they were outside the Millennium Eye. As Harry departed he saw Hermione running towards him with her arms out wide, as she embraced him, Harry was having the strangest feelings, he felt like he wanted this to last for ever. Obviously it didn’t but as he looked into he big brown eyes he saw something which he had never seen before in anyone’s eyes. He saw compassion and love which he had never saw in anyone’s eyes, especially when they were looking at him.

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Waner Bros.
Hope you like the story.