Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting to the truth by iceblue

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 13: Season magic


When Hermione awoke, she could feel Harry’s arms around her holding her to him. She felt so safe, just being in his embrace made her feel safe. She was replaying the events of the day before in her mind, what Harry and herself had done during the night. The way she felt when hem touched her, the way he looked at her. It made her feel special; it made her feel better about the way she looked. She knew she was not the prettiest woman in Hogwarts but to Harry she could be. Harry truly loved her and found her attractive. She was ecstatic, she would not have to leave, and she would be with this man for the rest of her life. She knew with Harry’s help she would be able to get through this and that he would be her first.

Harry was awoken by Hermione’s thoughts; he was also remembering what happened during the night. He was happy knowing that she did not regret it. He enjoyed it and loved her; he would just have to show her how much. He thought about what she had told him about the way she was treat, the way people bullied her because of the way she looked and acted. It made him so angry, angry that people could say such things about such a truly beautiful woman who had such big heart. She was kind and caring. She would risk her life for him and he would risk his life for her. He knew that he would be happy with Hermione for the rest of his life; he knew this because he truly loved her and was willing to wait for the time when she felt ready to give herself to him completely.

Hermione could hear what he was saying in his mind, she knew he loved her and she loved him. Her feelings for him went beyond love. She felt so close to him; she wanted him to know how she felt but there were no words for it. She felt so alive when she was with him, when she was not with him she felt as if she would not be happy again. She knew that this was because of the Eros charm but she also knew that the feeling was there before. Maybe it was not as strong but being away from Harry during the holidays made her feel strange. Harry and she had always been so close; they could talk about anything without being scared about the other’s reaction. Harry had told her things he had never told anyone and she had done the same. Before the Eros charm, they were so close, as close as two people could be. Even though they were not in a romantic relationship, they had everything else. They trusted each other with their life, they trusted each other with their inner most thoughts and fears, and they were always there for each other and were willing to help one another. Going away from that during the school holidays was dreadful, she felt alone. Harry was the only person she could truly talk to. Yes, there was Ron, but as she has always said, he has the emotional range of a teaspoon. However, Harry. He was so…so kind and caring for her. Even if he did not know what to say like yesterday he would just hold her, and this would make he feel better. Harry was the one person who truly understood her and she truly understood him. They were meant to be together and she knew Harry loved her and found her attractive even if no one else did.

Harry could hear what she was saying and interrupted her thoughts
“Hermione, I love you and you know that. I could not help overhearing what you were thinking. I felt the same way with you. Even without the Eros charm, we knew each other better than anyone else did. We found that we love each other before the Eros charm. Hermione I know what you are thinking: that I only love you like this because of the charm but that is not true. I have loved you for a while now but have not wanted to ruin our friendship. I love you Hermione Granger and want to spend the rest of my life with you. You are my life Hermione, without you I would be nothing.”

Hermione began to cry with happiness, she knew what Harry was saying was true. Before she knew what she was doing, she locked her lips onto Harry’s. They were holding each other in their arms passionately kissing. Hermione bit Harry’s bottom lip wanting to taste him, wanting to feel his mouth. Harry allowed her to enter and their tongues danced in his mouth. They were truly in love and were truly happy to be with each other. Harry’s hands roaming around Hermione’s body when they fell on her breast. He did not want to do anything, which would upset her or force her to do anything she was unhappy about so he slowly touched them with his hands and Hermione broke the kiss and smiled. She quickly removed her top.

***


Harry was lying on the settee in front of the fire with Hermione lying on stop of him snuggled into the crook of his shoulder.

“Hermione, Dumbledore will be coming soon. I think you should put your top back on.”

“I know you are right, but I like being like this with you. I never thought I would be comfortable being half-naked in front of anyone but you have made me feel…feel as if I have nothing to be ashamed of. I like being like this around you.”
Hermione began to smile. She knew she had a long way to go until they would feel completely comfortable around Harry but she was making progress. Just a few days ago, she would not have imagined that she would be lying here topless with Harry and it feeling so right.

“Hermione you do not have anything to be ashamed of. You are beautiful and I do not know how many times I have to tell you. I love you the way you are and I thought I would have proved that just before.” Harry smiled at her remembering what they had been doing.

“I know Harry; it’s just that “ well if you had told me this a few days ago I would not have believed you. We have come so far in a few days. You know that eventually I will feel comfortable enough to go all of the way with you. You know that I don’t want anyone else, don’t you?” Hermione was scaring herself again. What if he thought she wanted someone else to be her first?

“Hermione, stop thinking that. You know I am willing to wait. What we have done is more than enough for me. Now come on we had better get dressed.” Harry pulled Hermione lips to his and they shared a short passionate kiss. The couple went to their dorm to get changed. Again, Harry respected Hermione’s privacy and went into the bathroom to change.

When they re-entered the common room hands entwined, Dumbledore greeted them.
“Ah, Harry “ Hermione, glad to see you looking well. I have come to talk to you about your ability to do season magic. I am sure you would like to know lots of information.”

Harry and Hermione looked at Dumbledore, hoping that he would be able to give them lots of information about their power.

“However I am unable to give this to you. As I have said it has been a very long time since someone had this ability.” Harry and Hermione looked shocked. How would they be able to learn how to use it if they were was no one to teach them?
“Don’t look so worried. I have in my possession,” Dumbledore held up an extremely old book, which was falling to pieces. It was dark brown with gold writing on it. The book was bound in leather. “a book which will be able to give you some information.” Hermione looked as though Christmas had come early, she would be able to read a very old book. “This book is very old and is about season magic. In it, you will find many spells and potions, which only you two will be able to use. There are other books about season magic in the library, and Miss Granger they are in the restricted section before you ask.” Dumbledore smiled before continuing.

“I have granted you permission to the restricted section of the library so you can further research the subject. However, I must advise that you read this first. Some of the other books have very complicated spells and potions which if you do not have the right knowledge could have undesired effects.”

Harry and Hermione looked at each other and were dying to read the book. They could not wait to find out what they would be able to do with this new power.
“I will leave you now, but remember that this is very powerful magic you will be learning. No one can teach it to you. It is up to you to teach yourself. There is a particularly helpful spell on page four you might want to try first. I will be waiting.”
Hermione and Harry looked at one another, what did he mean? Only one way to find out Hermione thought.

Again they lay on the settee in front of the fire in each other’s arms. Hermione read aloud page four of the book

There are many advantages of season magic, one of the simplest is the ability to transport yourselves to any place on earth without needing to use a port key or apperate. There are advantages to this way of travel; it cannot be blocked by any type of ward and it is undetectable. However it is the most simplest part of this magic but it is still difficult. To perform this for the first time you have to clear your mind. Make it very clear and focus on the place you want to go. When you have envisaged this place in your minds eye say this incantation ‘abeo accendo’. You will know if all has worked, as when you open your eyes you will be at your destination.

Harry and Hermione looked at each other.

“No way of stopping it” Harry said “but that means…”

“That we will be able to do it in Hogwarts. This is what Dumbledore meant he wants us to go and see him.”

Harry and Hermione were excited but they knew they would have to clear their minds.

“Hermione, we do it together. We both go at the same time.” He held her close and gave her a peck on the lips.

“Are you ready?” Harry asked

“As ready as I ever will be.”

Both Harry and Hermione stood still and cleared their minds. They focused on Dumbledore’s office and said the incantation. Within a millisecond, they were in Dumbledore’s office and completely unaware of what had just happened.

“Harry, Hermione” Dumbledore said

Both Harry and Hermione looked shocked; they did not feel a thing.

“I see you have managed it then. It looks quit spectacular you know.”
Harry and Hermione had no idea what he was on about.

“What do you mean sir?” Harry asked

“When you came two came out of fire. There was a big ring if fire which you erupted from. The ability to use season magic gives you the ability to use wind, water, fire and stone. Each one is used for different purposes. Fire is one of the easiest the learn, which is why I suggested you try it first. It does get more complicated but I have no doubt you will be able to learn all four branches.”

Harry and Hermione were in shock. Had they been on fire, if so they certainly did not feel it? They did not feel as if they had moved, yet they were at the other side of the castle.

“But…we did not feel anything. We did not think we had moved let alone been on fire.” Harry was confused. How could he have been on fire and been transported to the other end of the school without feeling it? It just did not make sense.

“Season magic is complex; the only people who can master it are truly powerful witches and wizards. The fire was being used to transport you here. You can also transport yourself using the other three branches but it is harder. They were more powerful and therefore need more skill. This is why should master fire before any other. When you were transported, you were not actually on fire. Having the ability to do season magic gives you ability toy use fire, wind, rain and earth or rocks to help you. The fire did not touch you so you did not feel it. If anyone who did not have season magic tried to touch you they would have been severely burned.

“Season magic is complex. More complex than I will ever know. As you master it, you will begin to understand it. All I can say is; read the book. One more piece of advice; please try to remain calm. As you have seen when you are angry or the other needs your help, you will be able to do things, which you cannot do now. The magic within you will help you, but the outcome may not be as good as it was with Mr. Granger he could have easily been killed by what you did. Therefore, I must ask you to exercise extreme caution and do not under any circumstances become angry enough that you would want someone dead. Even if you think you would not do it; it is possible that the magic within you could take over.”

Harry and Hermione left Dumbledore’s office and went back to their common room. They lay in each other’s arms while Hermione read the book aloud until they reached a particular chapter.


Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
I am sorry for the delay with this chapter. I will be updating within a week. Please review!