Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting to the truth by iceblue

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 14: Discoveries


Hermione began to read from chapter 10 of the book that Dumbledore had given them.

The most complex potion which can be made using solely the fire branch if season magic is the ‘accingo acies, accingo adficio potion’. This potion allows the two who consume it to possess each other’s body. The potion will only work if the two are truly in love and are willing to allow the other to take control. When the guest enters the hosts body they can still feel their own body but also their hosts. After practice, it is possible for the guest to be present in the host’s body but allow the host to control it. Furthermore, the guest or the host can control the body of the guest while in the same body. This takes much practice to accomplish but once it has been done, it becomes easier. There are many advantages to using this, many to give pleasure to the other.

The ingredients for this potion are as follows:
15 drops of blood from those who are in love,
4 Phoenix feathers,
4 owl feathers,
1 strand of hair from those in love,
8 dragon scales,
1 large dragon egg,
25 fl oz pure water,
1 shared memory from those in love,,
4 tbsp frogspawn,
1 pinch Phoenix ash

How to make the potion:
Boil the water for 4 hours, and then add the Phoenix feathers. Simmer for 6 hours. Add the blood from the male and then the female and simmer for 2 hours. Boil for 2 minutes, stir thrice clockwise, thrice anti-clockwise and thrice up and down. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes and stir for 5 minutes clockwise and 15 minutes anticlockwise. Keep at 70˚C for 30 minutes. Then boil and add dragon scales and frog spawn. Allow to settle and stir 4 times clockwise under the moon. Sprinkle Phoenix ash and allow to stand for 3 hours under the moon light. Bring to the boil, add the hair and memory, stir thrice clockwise and anticlockwise.
Finally add the dragon egg. The potion should turn a bright pink colour and be emitting thick green smog. Wait for the smog to disperse and drink within 1 hour. If left more than 1 hour the potion becomes deadly to all who drink it. Immediately after drinking the potion say the incantation ‘accingo acies, accingo adficio’.


Hermione stopped reading and turned so she was facing Harry. She had a look of pure excitement on her face. They had done it! They had found a way to defeat Voldemort.

“Harry you know what this means don’t you? You can possess me and duel Vodemort while I control your body. It may not be perfect but at least you can fight.” Hermione was positively chuffed. They were able to use this magic to help them defeat Voldemort.

“That’s great Mione!” Harry was also excited; Hermione and he would be able to defeat Tom.

Without any warning, he claimed her lips and they kissed passionately. They did not stop until they need for air became a problem.

“We have to work on that love, if you place your head right you can breath through your noise and not have to stop.” Harry was shocked, where did she learn about that?

“Harry! You would do well to read a few more books; they are not all boring you know.” Hermione was laughing silently. She knew she had just amazed Harry.

“I didn’t know you read those sort of books Hermione!”

“Why wouldn’t I? A girl needs to know what to do you know and when did you start to call me Mione?” Hermione tried to be harsh but she knew Harry would see straight through her.

“I don’t know; I can stop if you want but…”

“Harry, I really don’t mind, I actually quit like it coming from you. But I don’t think I would like anyone else to call me it.”

Harry walked up to her and hugged her tightly. When Hermione could not breathe, she had to pull away and looked into his bright green eyes. They stood there staring into the depths of each other’s eyes until Hermione inched forward and softly kissed Harry on the lips. Harry arms went around her waist and her arms around his neck pulling him closer to her. They were trying to show how they felt about each other through the kiss. They could not get close enough. When air became a problem, again they separated. Both their faces were red and Hermione spoke.

“We definitely need to work out our positions”

“How about some practice?” Hermione began to smile. Harry knew just what to say. She did not answer him but claimed his lips again. Hermione pulled away again.

“We are definitely getting better, but I think we need more practice.” Harry smiled to himself. Hermione was most certainly becoming more relaxed around him.

“And why wouldn’t I be relaxed around you?”

“No reason just, just that”

“Harry I am joking. I know what you mean. But I am getting more used to our relationship and that is thanks to you. Do you mind me kissing you?”

“No!”

“Good, because you can expect more of that in the future. But not now. We must go and see Dumbledore, besides it will give us a chance to practice.” Harry nodded, but he was disappointed, he wanted nothing more than to stay and snog Hermione senseless.

Harry had an idea, since they could not see what happened when they transported. If he or Hermione went, first they would be able to see the other.

“I agree; I will go first.” With that, Hermione cleared her mind of all thoughts and concentrated on Dumbledore’s office. What was happening was amazing Harry Hermione was being engulfed by fire, it was bright red and drawing up her body in a spiral and then she was gone, vanished into thin air. Of all the things, which he had seen in the magic world, this was the most amazing. Hermione being engulfed by flames and disappearing.

“Harry, are you going to show me or not?” Harry chuckled to himself.

“Coming love” With that he appeared in Dumbledore’s office, and the flames slowly faded into the ground revealing Harry to them. Hermione was also shocked by what she was seeing. It was as if he was being born out of the fire. It was spectacular and he made no noise.

“Very good, you are obviously getting better. Now what do I owe this unexpected pleasure.”

“We are sorry professor, we should have knocked first.” Hermione had just realised they had entered his office without even knocking.

“It is fine Hermione, I was going to come and see you anyway. I have some news for you Harry. Please take a seat both of you.” Dumbledore gestured towards the two puffy chairs in front of his desk. Harry and Hermione walked over towards the chairs and sat quietly awaiting for Dumbledore to speak.

“Harry “ Hermione you go first.”

“Professor, we have read the book and there is a particular chapter we feel would help us. It is chapter 10; it is about a potion, which would allow Harry and I to possess each other. If Harry could possess me, he would be able to fight Tom through me and therefore be able to duel with him. I know this is not enough on it’s own but maybe”

Dumbledore cut off Hermione and he began to speak.

“I think that would be a great idea, but we still need a spell which would be able to kill Tom.” Hermione looked worried, throughout the whole book there was no mention of a spell or potion, which could be used to kill Tom, merely allow Harry to duel with him.

“There is no need to look so worried Hermione, there is a way but you have not come across it yet. Before I tell you, I must say this: the magic you need is the most complex in existence. As I have said season magic is split into four branches; but for the most complex spells and potions, you use all four branches as one. This means that you have to master each to the highest possible level. I have no doubt in my mind that you will be able to master the skills to do so. The only piece of information I possess about season magic is that when you have mastered it to the highest level there is a potion, which you can make, this potion along with a very complex set of spells allows you to create a new spell which only the people who create it can use. Do you understand what I am saying?”

Hermione was staring into space, mulling over what Dumbledore had just said. Had she heard correct? Could they create a new spell? If so, this would solve their problems. They would be able to create a spell, which would somehow kill Voldemort. She could see the light at the end of the tunnel but knew that they would have to put lots of effort into it.

“So you are saying that once we master all four branches to the highest level we can produce our own spells?” Hermione was anxious that this matter be cleared up, she wanted to know if what she had just been told was true.

“In essence that is correct. However, there is more to it than that. As I have said, you need to create a potion. This potion is the most complex there is in existence. Only people with the ability to perform season magic can make the potion. Even with your NEWT level potions, you would not be able to create it. There are processes you need to understand which are beyond what is taught here. This is why you will be having potions lessons with professor Snape all year staring tomorrow. You will be required at his office at 7pm in two days time.”

“There are also a few other points I should mention. From now on, you will no longer be taking NEWT classes. I feel it would be better for you to spend your time learning for the battle with Voldemort, which will be taking place this school year. All of the professors here will train you beyond NEWT level in transfiguration, charms, potions and defence against the dark arts. This means you will have no trouble completing your final year at Hogwarts as you will already have been trained beyond the level which is expected.”

Again, Hermione was thinking about what she was being told. Harry and she would not be attending classes; they would have special ones at night where they would train.

“Hermione I am so sorry you have been dragged into this. I know how much your school work means to you.” Harry was talking to Hermione through their link and he could tell Hermione was sad about something.

“Harry, you have nothing to be sorry for and yes you are right my school work does mean lots to me but you mean more. Besides, I will be learning more advanced magic than I would be in class. I am just sad we will hardly ever see anyone, I men we will be busy training and all.” Dumbledore was looking between the two teenagers sat before him. He could tell they were talking to each other and hated to interrupt them but had no choice. There were still matters he needed to discuss.

“I am sorry to interrupt but there are two things I have to tell you.” Harry and Hermione suddenly came back to reality with Dumbledore’s voice.

“Firstly, the potion which you want to make which would allow you to possess each other I think you should wait a few weeks. Once you have had a few potions lessons and can control your magic better. I fell this would be for your own safety as who knows what could happen if all does not go according to plan.”

Harry and Hermione nodded their head in agreement. They knew they would have to wait and accepted it. This just made them even more determined to master season magic. Their lives and the rest of the world depended upon it.

“Secondly there is the matter of Sirius and his will.” Harry’s stomach fell at the mention of his name and he was flood with grief and guilt. “Harry Sirius has left you everything; you have Grimmauld place and all of the Black money. It has been transferred to your Grongotts vault.”

Harry was shocked by this. Sirius had left him everything. He would give up everything to just have Sirius back. He now began to cry letting out his grief. Hermione could hear what was going through his mind. She sat up, went over to Harry, and placed her arms around him while he slumped into her embrace. She could feel what he was feeling and it was making her heart break, the only person Harry had was now gone.

Hermione just held Harry as cried in her arms telling him that everything would be fine. After a long while, Harry began to settle and Hermione turned to Dumbledore who she had just realised was still sitting there watching them intently.

“I know this is a shock to you Harry, but Sirius wanted you to have Grimmauld place and his money. I would suggest that you completely gut the whole house and have it decorated. You will have more than enough money to carry out these renovations. I also have to give you these.” Dumbledore opened the top right hand draw of his desk and handed some papers to Hermione. “These are the plans for Grimmauld place you can look over them and decide what work you want done. I am sure that Dobby and Winkey will be more than happy to help you.”

Hermione was looking at Dumbledore in disgust. She would never allow Harry to have a house elf. It went against everything she believed in.

“Thanks professor, but there is one condition and that is we pay them for the work. I don’t think Hermione would be happy if we didn’t.” Hermione smiled, this made her feel much better. Knowing that they would be paid a fair wage made her feel she was not taking advantage of them.

“Well, I will sort it out with them. Now Harry there are also a few more matters to discuss, are you willing to allow the Order to use it as our head quarters?”

Harry and Hermione looked at each other and both mentally agreed that it would be fine.

“That would be fine, professor.”

“Great, but we can’t use it yet. When Sirius died, the house was magically sealed until you go and open it and tell the house that can and cannot enter. Would you mind if we go to Grimmauld place tomorrow morning and you can have a look around. I will speak to Dobby and Winkey and they could start at once.”

“That would be fine” Harry was not overly happy about going back there but he knew he would have to.

“One more matter is something I knew Sirius wanted to do but now can’t. It is your parents graves Harry. Would you like me to take you to them tomorrow after Grimmauld place?”

Harry was again shocked. He was being offered the change to go and see his parent’s grave. “I would love to go and see it professor” Hermione could tell it was very hard for him not to start and cry again but he managed it.

“Fine, I am sure you two have lots to talk about. Just rest tonight. Come to my office and 8am tomorrow morning and we will leave, you can transport yourselves to see if you can manage a bigger distance.

Hermione released Harry whom she had been hugging unconsciously. She thought it was funny how a matter of hours ago they were both excited abut being able to defeat Voldemort but now everything was so much more complex. They had lots of work to do and Harry had just found that he could visit his parent’s grave and that he owned a house.

When they were standing, they departed Dumbledore’s office using their new branch of magic.

When Harry and Hermione reached their room Harry was silent. He slowly walked towards the bathroom to get changed into his pyjamas while Hermione stayed in the room to change. Once change Harry returned to his room to find Hermione lying in their bed waiting for him. He slowly walked over to his side of the bed and crawled in. He slowly mover over to Hermione and she wrapped her arms around him and placed his head in the crook of her neck. Their legs were entwined and Harry began to silently cry.

Hermione knew she could say nothing that would make the pain go away -- he would just have to grieve.

“'Mione, will you be happy living at Grimmauld Place when we leave school?” Harry was just getting his words out. He had stopped crying but as still shaking slightly.

“Of course Harry, I would love to live there. When it has been gutted, it will be fine. As long as I am with you I am happy.” Harry tightened his grip around her and held her as close to him as he could.

“Thank you this means a lot to me. What do you think abut what Dumbledore told us?”

“I think we will be fine Harry. This year is going to be the hardest ever but we will get through it. Together we will learn and help each other. We will no longer be in class with everyone else but that does not matter. As long as we are together, we will be fine. It is funny how much can change within a day. This morning we thought we would be having ordinary classes with everyone else and now we will never see them except at meal times.”

Harry began to smile “Yes, it is funny how things can change. Thank you Hermione.”

“What for Harry? I have done nothing.”

“For holding me and letting me cry for Sirius.”

“Oh Harry, you having to thank me for. I love you and I will always be here for you. Now I think we should go to sleep.” With that, she gently moved Harry’s head towards hers and gave him a gentle kiss on the lips. She could see his eyes were all red and puffy. Harry just moved his head back down the crook of her neck and thought how strange it was that she could make him feel so safe. They both fell asleep in each other’s arms.

Author's note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
Hope you liked this chapter. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to review, it really means a lot. Please take the time to review!