Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting to the truth by iceblue

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 15: Unexpected


It was now the early hours of the morning and Hermione had woken. She was looking down at Harry who was sleeping in her arms. His head was in the crook of her neck with her hair covering his face. She gently moved away her hair to see him sleeping silently, she thought how peaceful he looked while he was asleep. He had no worries; everything was gone for a short period. Her hands gently moved along his jaw and along his neck. She could see the goose bumps appearing on the back of his neck. She laughed silently at how she was making him feel. Slowly her hand moved towards his hair, it always amazed her at how soft his hair was. Even though it looked so messy, it was soft and she loved the feel of it in her hands.

Hermione could tell Harry was stirring as his hands were beginning to move and his breathing was becoming louder. When his eyes eventually fluttered open, he saw Hermione looking towards him lovingly and he could feel her hands wrapped around his hair. He smiled at her, moved his hands, and cupped her cheeks. Slowly his hands moved around her face and his head moved closer to hers. As his lips reached hers Harry’s hands were entangled in Hermione’s soft chestnut curly hair. As their lips pressed, they pulled each other’s head as close as they could get. Both wanting to have the other as close as possible.

As their mouths opened and tongues met, they both moaned into each other’s mouth. They slowly pulled away and stared into the depths of each other’s eyes, both seeing love. As their eyes were locked, their hands were touching the nearest piece of skin they could. When they finally parted with a quick peck on the lips Hermione was the first to speak.

“Harry.” Harry was looking into her eyes and she could tell he was sad, nervous and scared.

“Hermione.” He looked at her; she was obviously concerned about him. He did not know what he was feeling he was just numb. He had so many feelings running through his body he did not know what to feel.

“I know you are nervous and are still grieving over Sirius Harry but you have to let me in. Let me help you.” She just held Harry’s gaze, she wanted more than anything to take away his pain. She would do anything to help him all he had to do was ask.

“Hermione, I just feel…I feel numb. I do not know what to feel anymore. I feel sad and guilty about Sirius, I feel nervous about going to his house for the first time since he died, and I feel scared about going to my parent’s grave for the first time. I don’t know what will happen or how I should feel Hermione. Then when I look at you, I feel happy when I should not. When we kissed, I felt like nothing else mattered when it does. I really don’t know what to feel Hermione.”

Hermione’s heart was breaking hearing him say all this…admitting what he was really feeling, having all those emotions mixed up inside of him. “Harry there is no reason you should be guilty about Sirius or being happy. He would have wanted you to be happy. Yes you have to greave but that does not mean you can’t be happy.”

Hermione’s words brought comfort to Harry. Just the sound of her voice brought comfort to him. It gave him hope; hope for the future, Hermione’s and his future, their future together once all of this was over. It made him want to fight not for those he has lost but for those alive. The one person on this earth who loved him and the one person he loved. He would do it for her; he would defeat Voldemort for Hermione.

Hermione could hear what was going through her mind. It brought tears to her eyes; he was doing it for her. She again cupped Harry’s head in her hands and brought his lips to hers. They passionately kissed again and when they broke Hermione said

“We are definitely getting better Mr. Potter; that was the longest one yet.” Harry just smiled at her and claimed her lips again. Their bodies were crushed against each other, their hands running through the other’s hair, and their feet entangled in the others.

When they finally parted, Hermione told Harry to go and take a long soak in the bath to prepare him for the long day they both had ahead of them. While Harry was in the bath, Hermione remembered the plans, which Dumbledore had, give them. She opened the old parchment on their bed. She was amazed at the size of the house. All in all there were 4 basements, the kitchen and informal dining room on one level, the hall, formal dining room, ball room and sitting room on the ground floor, the first floor had four bedrooms, two of which had en suit, the second floor had another six bedrooms and two bathrooms and finally the top floor was the master bedroom with en suit and a private sitting room. Never in her life had she seen a house so big. She did not know how they could have missed the sheer size of this house when they were cleaning it. Then she remembered that most of the house was sealed off and out of bounds, but still this place was huge.

Hermione stopped looking at the plans when Harry came into the room; he looked refreshed and ready to face the daunting task ahead. She knew it was going to be difficult for him but hopefully he would be able to look to the future, their future together in the house.

“What you looking at 'Mione?” Harry said as he sat down on the bed beside her. He wrapped his arm around her and gave her a light kiss on the lips. Hermione smiled at him and finally spoke.

“These are the plans for Grimmauld place. Look at the size of the place.” She gestured towards the plans lying on their bed. Harry just gasped; he never imagined the house would be so big. A small smile ran across his lips.

“Hermione, you know what we are going to do with the bottom basement don’t you?"

Hermione shook her head, and Harry’s smile became bigger.

“We will convert it into a library for you. I will buy every single book I can, and when a new book comes out I will buy that for you.” Hermione was speechless. No one had ever been so generous to her. However, she could not accept. It was a waste of his money; they should not waste all that money.

“'Mione, it would not be a waste of money. You love books, and I know your own library where you could research and just read would be a dream come true for you. Besides we have enough money, so why can’t I treat you?”

“I just don’t want people to think I am with you for your money,” Hermione said simply. It did worry her that people would think that she was just using him for money.

“I know you are not with me for my, I mean our money and people can think what they like. I really do not care 'Mione. As long as I have you, that is all that matters," he said.

Hermione kissed Harry again, she was so happy. Just the thought of her own library where she could read any book without worrying what section it was in or read without interruptions from people. Of course, she would not mind interruptions from Harry.

“Thank you Harry, it really means a lot to me.” Harry just smiled and held her close to him.

“It’s the least I can do after everything you have done for me in the past.”

“You don't have to thank me Harry, I did it because I love you. Now I think I had better go and take a shower before we have breakfast. With that, Hermione leaned over, kissed Harry, and walked up the stairs to the bathroom for her shower.

***


Harry and Hermione materialised into Dumbledore’s office. Waiting for them was Dumbledore and McGonagall. Harry and Hermione slowly sat in the chairs in font of Dumbledore’s desk. Harry was dreading going back to Grimmauld Place, but he knew he would have to do it and that Hermione would be there for him the whole time. As they sat, Dumbledore spoke.

“Harry, Hermione I trust you slept well.” Harry and Hermione merely nodded in response.

“Very good, we will be leaving in a few minutes, just waiting for Dobby and Winky, then we can leave. Do you think you are able to transport the four of us to Grimmauld Place?” Harry and Hermione looked at each other and silently agreed that they would try it. They knew it would take a lot of energy but they would have to try it sometime and there was no time like the present.

Dobby and Winkey arrived just as Harry and Hermione finished their mental discussion and when they were all ready Harry, Hermione, Dumbledore, McGonagall, Dobby and Winkey joined hands. Harry and Hermione closed their eyes and focused on the street outside of Grimauland Place.

Moments later, the group were stood in the Muggle Street to the amazement of the professors. McGonagall was the first to speak.

“I knew I would not feel much but that…that was amazing, not even a flicker.” She was truly amazed at what she had just experienced.

“Yes, that was truly amazing, now I think it best we get inside, it is not safe out here.”

They made there way towards the point where the house would appear, suddenly a house appeared and they slowly walked up the path. When they reached the door, Harry placed his hand on the knob which was silver and had a snake tangled around it. As Harry’s hand touched, the knob the noise of bolts being released could be heard and the door slowly opened to reveal the dingy hallway of Grimmauld Place along with the portrait of Mrs. Black, who promptly started shouting.

“YOU MUDBLOOD SCUM! HOW DARE YOU ENTER MY HOUSE?” The anger began to well within Harry; he just wanted to get rid of her. He knew that everyone in the Order had tried, but he thought of a spell, which Hermione and he had read about. They had not tied it but without thinking of the consequences, he shouted the incantation ‘accendo fluctuosus’ As soon as he said it flames erupted from the ground and engulfed Harry, as he thought about the destruction of Mrs. Black’s portrait the fire burst away from him with amazing speed and hit Mrs. Black’s portrait directly in the middle.

The last that anyone in the room heard was her scream and then her picture turned bright red and then to ash. As soon as the ash settled on the floor all the heads of the house elves dropped off the wall and began to roll down the stairs. Before they could reach the bottom step Hermione tried the same spell. This time Hermione was engulfed by flames and then small balls of fire shot towards the heads and they too were turned bright red and then too ash.

The professors along with Dobby and Winky were amazed, never had they seen such strong magic with such young people. They knew that they had tried every spell they could think of to get rid of the portrait and the heads but had always failed.

“Well, that was unexpected but not unwelcome.” Dumbledore had the usual twinkle in his eyes, and Harry and Hermione smiled. Harry did not feel as bad as he thought he would, spending last night, grieving for Sirius had really helped, and now even though he felt sad, he could see the future, his future with Hermione.

Harry and Hermione had just realised what they had done, and were amazed, they had read about these sort of spells but had never thought they would use them. The spell they used was the same but they used it differently, Harry focused all its power on Mrs. Black, while Hermione separated it into small balls which hit each of the heads in turn, they had amazed themselves, as they had never practiced it.

“'Mione, how did we do that?” Harry was disconcerted, how could he do something he had never practiced only ever read about?”

“Harry, remember what Dumbledore said, when you get angry things may happen.” Harry suddenly remembered and began to blush, the hatred for Mrs. Black, which rushed through him when she called Hermione, was immense and he could not control it.

“It’s OK, Harry, you just have to learn to control your temper,” Hermione tried to reassure him.

“Well, I think we should move on, now that the house has been unlocked you can tell Dobby and Winkey what you want doing and we can move on.” Harry nodded at Dumbledore and handed the plans to Dobby. Harry and Hermione moved close and began to discuss with Dobby and Winkey what they would like to see done with the house.

“When do you think you can have all this finished by?” Hermione asked Dobby

“It will be done before Christmas, miss,” Dobby smiled at Hermione.

“Dobby, Winky -- there is no need to call me that. I am Hermione," she said. Dobby smiled at her and with a click of his fingers, he disappeared along with Winky.

Hermione moved closer to Harry, placed her hands around his waist, and hugged him. Harry returned the hug and smiled at her. He was subconsciously rubbing Hermione’s back and she was playing with the small pieces of hair at the bottom of his neck. They were both content holding each other, finding peace in each other’s arms.

Dumbledore and McGonagall watched the display of affection and smiled to themselves. They could see that they made each other feel safe and secure. It was like watching James and Lily all over again. Dumbledore thought to himself of the troubles to come and somehow knew that the two people standing in front of him would come through it stronger than ever. But there was no time to waste, he intended to take Harry to his parents' graves.

“Harry, Hermione, I am sorry to say this but we have to leave.” Harry leaned towards Hermione and planted a soft lingering kiss on her lips and they slowly separated, but they still kept their hands entwined. Both teenagers looked unhappy, and Dumbledore could tell that this was going to be an emotional day for Harry.

“Right then, here are the coordinates.” Dumbledore handed them a piece of parchment. Harry and Hermione knew that theoretically, it could be done but they had never practiced it.

“Professor, do you think this is a good idea -- I mean we have never done this before.”

“Hermione, there is no time like the present and I have faith that you can do this.” Harry and Hermione smiled it was reassuring that he thought they could do it. They walked towards the two professors and they held hands in a small circle. They both concentrated on the coordinates, a ring of fire surrounded the group, and then they were gone.

A second later they were standing on a small footpath which was leading towards a small gate. The weather could not have been better, the sun was shining and there was no cloud in sight. It was obvious that this was a Muggle graveyard. Harry took a sharp intake of breath at the sight. Hermione let go of his hand and wrapped her arm around him tying to comfort him. Harry was grateful and slowly wrapped his arm around her. Hermione whispered into his ear

“Everything will be fine Harry, I will be here.” Harry knew that Hermione would be there for him and would help him get through this. They slowly walked towards the gate of the graveyard and Dumbledore pointed towards two graves, which were at the top if a small hill. Harry and Hermione made their way towards the graves leaving the professors behind. As they reached the graves of Harry’s parents, he began to sob. He could not hold it in any longer. He did not think he would ever have this chance. He sunk to the floor in between the graves and cried. Hermione slowly made her way down towards him and just held him whispering words of comfort to him and he held on to her as if she was his lifeline.

Harry sat sobbing into Hermione’s shoulder until a loud noise was heard. Hundred’s of Death Eaters were making there way towards them. Harry and Hermione panicked. What would they do? There was no way they could fight all them. The stood sharply, looked at each other, and gulped. They had no idea what spell could help them. None they ad looked at were powerful enough. But before they knew what was happening they felt the need to hold each other and when their bodies touched the loud whistling noise was heard and then everything went quiet. The weather changed from being a hot summer’s day to being dull, it was not cold in fact it was quit hot, but there were clouds in the sky.

Harry and Hermione looked at the scene before them. Everything was still. The Death Eaters along with the professors were frozen in various positions. The only people who could move were Harry and Hermione. They turned and faced each other.

“Hermione what have we done?” Harry was panicking. Hermione furrowed her brow and Harry could tell she was thinking.

“I think we have paused time Harry” Hermione barely whispered.

“WHAT!” Harry was truly shocked. He did not think it possible. How would they re start it, they did not know what they had done.

“Harry, calm down”

“Calm down, you want me to calm down?” Harry could not believe what she had just said. They had just frozen time and she said to be calm!

“Really Harry, all we have to do is use our magic to start it again.”

“Really and how are we supposed to do that?” Hermione ignored his sarcasm and spoke.

“Firstly we need to go back to Hogwarts and have a look at some books.” Harry merely nodded at Hermione and they slowly made their way towards the professors who were in battle with the Death Eaters. They all joined hands. In a flash of fire, they were back in the common room.

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
Hope you liked this chapter. Thanks to everyone who has reviewed. Please take the time to review!

If anyone out there would be interested in BETA reading future chapters please email me at iceblue645@yahoo.co.uk