Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting to the truth by iceblue

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 16: When time stops


When they entered the common room, Dumbledore and McGonagall just stood there in the same position as they were in the graveyard. Harry walked towards the settee and lay down, Hermione joined him after picking up a pile of books. She knew it would probably take them a while to figure out what to do. They lay there in each other’s arms silently reading one book after another. Neither said anything to the other, they both knew how important this was.

After three hours of solid reading Hermione let out a sigh.

“We definitely did not do this using fire magic.” Harry merely nodded in agreement. After looking through all their books on the fire branch of season magic, a spell to pause time was not there.

“Hermione I need a break.” Hermione nodded then began to smile.

“We could always get in some more practice.” Harry smiled back at her liking this idea a lot; he knew she was not talking about magic.

Harry moved closer to Hermione and began to run his hands through her chestnut coloured hair. His mouth moved closer to hers and they began to kiss slowly at first but quickly picking up pace. Their tongues were dancing inside her mouth. Harry’s hand left her hair and began to travel to the bottom of her neck, pushing her closer to him.

They could not get close enough. Hermione broke the kiss and led Harry over to the settee in front of the roaring fire. As soon as they were both settle on the settee, there lips met again, they both needed to be close to the other, their link became active, it was impossible to tell whose thoughts, and feelings were whose.

Their feeling of love combined and they could not stop kissing and touching each other. Harry was nibbling on Hermione’s bottom lip; he knew she always loved this. Hermione was overwhelmed, firstly by the way Harry obviously felt about her. Because of the link, she could feel hat he felt about her and she knew that she had found the one. Secondly, what she was doing to him, she could feel his feelings making her want more. She was impatient. Without warning, she moved Harry’s hand to the bottom of her top and smiled at him. Harry smiled back and roughly removed her top.

***


Harry and Hermione were lying naked in each other's arms, both staring into the depths of each others eyes. Hermione truly had no regrets.

“'Mione, how do you feel?” Hermione snuggled into the crook of his shoulder when he said this. He was thinking of her and was concerned for her. She knew that no one would love her as much as Harry did.

“A bit sore and hungry but other then that fine.” Harry was thinking about what she had said -- was she in pain? He had hoped not, and she had said she was fine. But this was Hermione and she would not let people worry about her.

“Are you really fine Hermione?” It was evident in Harry’s voice that he was concerned for her

“Honestly Harry, I am fine. Just hungry.”

“Hungry eh? What would you like to eat?”

Hermione began to think, and then she knew what she wanted. It is what she was never allowed at home because there was too much fat in it.

“Well I was thinking we could have the Full English breakfast -- after all many people eat it after ... well ... what we've done, and we need to keep our strength up.” She slowly raised her head and smiled sheepishly at him.

Harry smiled as the thoughts came back to him. Another thought also surfaced.

“Hermione, do you feel comfortable? I mean after everything you have told me.” Hermione smiled at him again; she could truly say that she did feel comfortable, no one had ever seen her like this before, and she doubted anyone other than Harry would either.

“I have never felt so comfortable in my life, Harry. I love you and have no regrets about what we have done.” She then began to detangle herself from him.

“I think I need a shower -- would you care to join me?” Hermione asked.

Harry cracked a smile. “What about your English Breakfast?”

“That can wait until we are clean. Besides this will be more fun.”

Harry just smiled and they raced up the stairs towards their room where the bathroom was.

***


Harry and Hermione returned to the common room hand in hand after an hour because of certain distractions they could not avoid. They had both changed their cloths and were ready for something to eat.

Hermione walked over to the bookshelf, which was situated in the corner of the room, removed a brown tattered book, and began to search for the correct page. When she found it she began to read aloud.

The art of conjuring is difficult using a wand but when it comes to using the fire branch of season magic it is even harder. You must envisage clearly in your mind what you want to appear exactly as it should be. An example is food. If you want a full English breakfast you must envisage the eggs, bacon, beans, sausage, fried bread, black pudding, mushrooms and tomato. If you merely envisage these ingredients cooked your breakfast will be ruined. You must think about how you would like them to be cooked. For example what they were fried in, butter or oil, how well done were they etc. If you envisage what you want and how you want it to be cooked you will have no trouble conjuring. This applies to anything, as long as you give enough detail it will work. The incantation is ‘elicio’.

“So do you want to do it or should I?”

“I think it would be better for you to try, Harry.”

Harry smiled; he liked the idea of being the one to make a meal for them. “How do you want your breakfast cooked?”

“In lots of butter,” Hermione smiled -- she knew it was not healthy, but didn't care.

“Fine,” Harry smiled towards her and thought hard about all of the ingredients for the full English breakfast and how they would be cooked. As he said the incantation, and a ring of fire burst on the coffee table in front of the settee. After a moment, the fire ebbed and on the table was an English breakfast for two. Hermione looked amazed. The smell of the perfectly cooked sausage, bacon and black pudding was making her mouth water. She could not wait to eat.

Hermione turned to Harry, gave him a small peck on the lips, and then began to eat. The tastes within her mouth were spectacular, the bacon was crispy and she could taste the butter it had been cooked in. It was probably the most fatty meal she had ever eaten but it tasted so good, the fried bread was really crispy and she could taste the flavours of the meat it had been cooked with.

“So, do you like it then?”

“It is delicious, but we may need more exercise after all this.”

Harry smiled and stared eating his own meal again.

After finishing their meal Harry and Hermione decided they would go down to the library to try to find a way to re start time. When they got there, Harry and Hermione began to search through the old dusty books.

After forty minutes Hermione found a book that looked promising; it was on Season magic and was extremely old. She had never seen a book so old in her life. As she scanned the contents, her heart began to beat very fast. She thought she had found it. A second later Harry was by her side, having heard what was going through her mind.

Hermione opened the book to the correct page and began to read. Her heart stopped. Did this mean what she thought it did?


Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
Hope you liked this chapter. Thanks to everyone who has reviewed and to Steph for moderating the chapter and helping me with parts of the chapter. Please take the time to review!