Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting to the truth by iceblue

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 18: Earth and wind


Harry and Hermione were walking down the stairs leading to their common room hand in hand both truly happy and content. To day, they were going to start to learn the earth branch of season magic, which would allow them to use rocks and such. Hermione went over to the bookcase and picked up a book on earth magic, and began to search to see if she could find a conjuring spell. After flicking through the book, she was unable, and by the looks of the spells, which were listed in the book, this form of magic was definitely different to the other two. There were few spells, which would be any use to them, and the ones which were, were defensive or offensive.

Harry sat on the red settee waiting for Hermione to find what she needed in the book.
When she came over and sat in his lap she spoke

“There is no conjuring spell in this branch, so I think we will just have to use water.” Hermione let out a sigh; she was looking forward to try this branch. Harry could tell she was disappointed so her wrapped his arms around her, and she rested her head on his shoulder.

After a few minutes, Hermione raised her head and looked into Harry’s green eyes. She began to smile when she realized she could easily become lost in them, but then realized that her stomach was grumbling and she was in need of some food. Thinking very hard on what she wanted for her breakfast; two sausages in crusty brown bread with a glass of orange juice and a pot of boiling hot tea.

After eating their breakfast, Harry and Hermione decided that they should try some of the spells, which were part of this branch of magic. One in particular could be useful to them. It was a spell, which would allow them to materialize boulders wherever they wanted and then move then very, very fast, in whichever direction they wanted.

“Do you want to go first Harry? I think it would be better. Just stand over there and say the incantation ‘actuarius cautes’ and they should appear before you. Then all you have to do is imagine where you want them to go and they will be dragged in that direction.”

“So I just have to say the incantation and think hard about where I want them to go and they will?” Hermione smiled at him and nodded. Harry began to concentrate hard and said the incantation, then he imagined boulders flying through the room swirling around him and then out of nowhere boulders appeared and they followed the path Harry had said. The boulders were huge and Hermione thought it was funny how effortlessly they were flying around Harry and how effortlessly he was making them move.

After a few minutes of making, the boulders move around him he made them stop and they vanished into thin air. When he had finished he felt a feeling of satisfaction that he had been able to do it. Normally it took his a few attempts to be able to do something for the first time, but this time he had been able to do it on the first attempt.

Hermione welled with pride, she felt so proud of him for being able to do it the first time. She went to him and wrapped her arms around him telling him how proud of him she was. They were both extremely happy with the progress they were making and just stood there. Both very comfortable just holding each other and not wishing to stop.

***


After a few days of practicing the earth branch of Season magic, they had been able to master it to a level high enough level. Harry and Hermione were lying on the settee in the common room just relaxing in each other’s arms. Hermione’s head was resting in the crook of Harry’s shoulder, with her hands in his hair slowly curling his black hair around her fingers. Harry’s arms were around her waist holding her tight to him. They were both content just lying there; not needing to speak aloud as they knew what each other was thinking and knowing that they were happy.

If it was possible Harry and Hermione had become closer during since time had stopped, Hermione with the help of Harry had been able to get over her feelings of being ugly. This had brought them closer, and she had more respect for Harry than she had before, hehad not pushed her into anything she did not want to do, and now she could say she was truly happy. Lying there in his arms, with her hands in his hair made her feel complete; Harry made her feel complete. She could not even contemplate Harry not being in her mind, not being a part of her. At first, it had been a shock and it was strange, but now she could think of nothing more natural than to share her inner most thoughts and feelings with him.

Harry now knew what happened between her and Victor and she knew what happened between Harry and Cho, they honestly had no secrets. They now knew everything about each other. There was only one more thing, which Hermione wanted Harry to know, and this is what her childhood was like. When they were looking through each other’s minds Harry had not even tried to look at her childhood, she did not say anything about it but she wanted him to know what it was like to grow up in a loving home like she had, and that what the Dursley’s had done to him was not normal.

Hermione was brought out of her thoughts by Harry’s lips on hers; she loved the feeling of his soft lips pressed against hers. She began to react to his touch. To the way, his tongue would enter her mouth and then retreat teasing her. Making her want him more and more. He knew what he was doing to her and she marvelled at the thought of how good it felt.

Hermione began to enter his mouth, her tongue battling his. Her hands were tangled in his black messy hair, his in hers. They lay there both engrossed in each other, both
knowing the effect they were having on the other.

A while later Harry and Hermione lay in each other’s arms content. Coherent thought was coming back to them, and Hermione knew that they would have to practice Season magic. Hermione moved her head from Harry’s chest and looked at him.

“We need a shower and then practice; there are a few spells we need to learn from the wind branch before we can make the potion.” Harry nodded in agreement. Harry and
Hermione took their shower and returned to the common room dressed and ready to practice.

“Right, firstly we need to try the conjuring spell and then the transportation spell. They are two of the easiest. It would be safer to try the conjuring, as it is less risky. I’m not sure of the consequences if we make a mistake while moving.” The thought Hermione brought into Harry’s mind was not pleasant and caused him to cringe. It also made him all the more determined to make sure he got the hang of it.

“It will be fine Harry - you just need to concentrate and everything will be fine. The book says that we need to concentrate on the power within us once again, and clear everything from your mind. You need to really focus on what you want to do.”

Harry nodded telling Hermione he understood what she was telling him. ”I will go first - here Harry hold this.” Hermione handed Harry the book she had been reading from. She then walked over to near the table and began to clear her mind of all her thoughts which was very hard considering Harry’s thoughts would pop into her mind. But she managed it and thought about what she wanted to conjure. She thought long and hard about what she wanted to appear in front of her - a large wooden bookshelf that would be placed on the back wall of the common room. The bookshelf had large deep shelves and was made of oak. As she began to think about the bookshelf white wisps of smoke began to appear right where Hermione wanted the shelf to be placed.

After a few moments, the bookshelf slowly became visible through the thin white smoke, which evaporated into the air. Hermione could not believe that she had managed this first time. She was thrilled and Harry ran up to her and threw his arms around her and kissed her fully on the lips. He could feel what she was feeling and knew she was very proud of herself for getting it first time and Harry felt so proud of her. He knew that when Hermione set her mind to something that she could do it and this proved it.

Their lips parted and both smiled at each other.

“I am so proud of you Mione.” Harry moved his mouth towards hers, his lips slowly met hers, and the moment they did Hermione melted into his embrace, her arms wrapping around his neck and began to play with the hair on the back of his neck, she loved to do this. Harry’s arms were wrapped tightly around her waste, holding her tightly to him. Her body was molded to his, their mouths clamped together.

Harry and Hermione were wrapped up in each other and they could feel what the other was feeling, and could tell what the other wanted. Their link became even more active when they were like this. It truly was impossible to distinguish one from the other. Their minds were joined and they loved the feelings this brought. Before they knew what was happening Harry had lifted Hermione off her feet, she wrapped her legs around her waste pulling herself close to him. She began to kiss his neck as he began to walk up the stairs to their bedroom. He was having a hard time getting up the stirs because of the feelings Hermione was causing. A few times, he nearly tripped because of what Hermione was doing to him.


After what seemed like an eternity they stumbled onto the bed Hermione and Harry could wait no longer, he reclaimed her lips, both could wait no longer, they knew what the other wanted and it was the same. Without a word, Hermione tried a spell she had found by accident in the library and with a wisp of smoke, their clothing had vanished into thin air.


Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
Thanks to everyone who has reviewed the story so far, and please continue to review! A big thanks to Melissa for BETA reading the chapter for me, she says hi to everyone. Lastly big thanks to Steph for moderating the chapter.