Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting to the truth by iceblue

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 2: Millennium Eye


Hermione reluctantly pulled away from Harry, as she could have stayed there for ever, but she had to know what was wrong with Harry. Harry was the one person she could talk to, the one person she trusted with her secrets and she could talk to him about anything without becoming embarrassed or wondering if he will tell someone. She knew that Harry felt the same way towards her and it was important that he said what he had to say.

“Do you want to go for a ride?” Hermione said to Harry looking straight into his bright green eyes, which she thought were the most beautiful in the world.
“What we waiting for” Harry replied as he walked towards the queue. The queue was extremely long, the estimated waiting time was 2 hours. Both Harry and Hermione did not care, they were both very happy just being together. While in the queue Harry and Hermione were joking with each other when suddenly Harry had a strange feeling, the most powerful feeling of love he had ever felt in his life. But how could he feel this way about his best friend. She was the most important person in his life. His mind was racing, all he could think about was her, those lovely chocolate brown eyes which he could stare at for an infinite period of time. When he looked into her eyes he felt he was going to explode with emotion.

He was brought back to earth by Hermione grabbing his hand and pulling him onto the Millennium Eye. After they got into the pod, and the ride started Harry moved over to Hermione who was looking out of the window admiring the view.
“Hermione” Harry said in a very sweet voice. As Hermione heard this, the hairs on the back of her neck stuck up. There was something about his voice, the way it was so soft and made her feel safe. She slowly turned around and made contact with the bright green eyes of Harry Potter. As she looked into them she was having the most wonderful feelings in the world. It was a feeling she had never felt before. It was love for another person. Not the sort of love you feel for a mother / farther or best friend, but the love you feel for the one person you would die for, want to spend the rest of your life with. At that moment in time Hermione just wanted to lean forward and kiss her best friend. But he was her best friend; he was nothing more or less. Why would he want to go out with her, Hermione Granger the book worm his confidant?
“Yes” Hermione replied while blushing after she realised she was staring.
“I need to talk about the Department of Mysteries, I can’t get it off my mind. I have not been able to talk to anyone about it. Only you will understand how I feel.” As Hermione heard her best friend and hopefully lover say this she walked over to him she wrapped her arms around him and gave him a very tight hug.

Harry’s mind was spinning. The feelings he had earlier were returning. It felt like nothing else in the world mattered. As long as Hermione and he were safe, nothing else mattered.

While Hermione was squeezing him very tight she had confirmed her feelings for Harry. She now knew that the feelings she was feeling were that of love. But how could she tell him. She did not want to risk telling him in case she lost her friendship with him. But was her friendship that important? Would she be able to be around him if he did not share her feelings? The most wise and sensible part of her was telling her yes, yet there was also a small part of her saying no. What should she do ignore her feelings or tell him. After debating she finally agreed with herself to tell him, and it had to be at that precise moment while she had the courage to do so.

“Harry stop, there is something you should know before you go on… I think I am in love with you.” With that Hermione turned away and realised how stupid she had been, the look on Harry’s face said it all. It was a look of utter disbelief, he looked confused and just stood there. Hermione had just said he loved him and what did he do? Just stand there. Hermione wished she had thought of a better place to tell him, she couldn’t run away, she was trapped inside a pod, which was not even half way around the wheel.

As what Hermione said sunk in Harry started to smile and his eyes glowed. She returned the feelings he felt towards him. She actually loved him. She said she loved him. Harry walked over to Hermione very slowly, he gently held her hand and turned her around. He was trying to say “I love you too.” But the words would not come out. So he slowly moved closed to her, he could feel her warm breath toughing his skin, he could smell the vanilla which he always associated with Hermione. He was so close he just leaned forward by the smallest amount, and there lips met.

Both Harry and Hermione were having the most intense feelings they ever had. Harry was feeling love like he had never felt before. No one in his life had loved him, but now Hermione Granger his best friend loved him. He could feel her lips glued to his as they slowly kissed, he wrapped his arms around her waist pulled her as close to him as he could. It was like electricity going through every nerve in his body; he felt so alive and wanted this moment to continue.

Hermione also felt the best she had ever felt as the one person she loved showed her how much he loved her back. She could feel his warm lips touch hers, the warmth of his body, and his hands around her waist pulling her towards him. She was having the best time ever. She wanted to kiss him forever.

Both Hermione and Harry had found the truth about how they felt for each other. As they were standing kissing very softly, like nothing else in the word mattered, they were stopped by a mans voice “Would you two love birds mind vacating the pod, people are waiting you know.”
Both Harry and Hermione went bright red, they had been kissing in the pod for over five minutes after it stopped. Everyone who was waiting was staring at them. They broke there kiss and Harry said “I love you Hermione Granger” in the sweetest voice Hermione had ever heard.

As they both left the pod hand locked around each others waist, they made there way to a park bench. They both had a lot to say to each other. Hermione started by saying “I love you Harry, no one else in the world matters as long as I have you.”
Harry felt touched no one had ever said anything like that to him before, he looked into her eyes and said
“You are the one good thing in my life, I want to protect you, you are the one person I would die for and I love you” as Harry said this Hermione broke down into tears, she knew she shouldn’t have as she had nothing to cry about but the intensity of the situated had taken over. She leaned forward and kissed Harry on the lips, only for a second and said
“What did you want to talk about” Harry had suddenly realised the reason for him going to meet her, but he did not need to talk to her about the subject anymore. He had all the answers he needed, he did not feel the need to apologise to her, as she had already forgiven him.

They both sat on the bench for hours just cuddling each other and hoping it could last for ever. But it couldn’t Harry had to go to his aunt and uncle’s, while Hermione had to go to her mother and fathers.
“When will I see you again” Harry said in a hopeful sort of voice.
“Very, Very soon” and with that she stood up and gave him another kiss and walked off to a car which Harry had just realised was there. Harry sat on the bench alone and thought of the day which he had. It was the best day of his life. He had something good in his life which would balance out all the hatred for Voldemort.

It was now very late and Harry stretched his hand out with his want in it, and the purple triple decked bus appeared. Once Harry was home he went up to his room and lay on his bed. He realised he had nothing to eat all day but this did not matter, as he was in love with Hermione Granger, and luckily his aunt and uncle had not missed him.

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Waner Bros.
Hope you like the story.