Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting to the truth by iceblue

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 3: The vision


Harry was in bed sleeping when he suddenly heard Voldemort’s voice in his mind “Let me in Harry, open your mind. Don’t try to keep me out, I will get in eventually!”

Harry tried as hard as he could to stop his entering, but he was too weak. As Voldemort entered Harry’s mind he could not see him, but he knew he was there. Even though he was sleeping, he could feel his scar burning with pain, the most pain he had ever felt. There was nothing he could do, he was neither asleep nor awake. Suddenly he heard the voice again.

“Well, well, well, Mr. Potter looks like you have found a soul mate. Hermione Granger, a pathetic know-it-all mudblood. Now … I have a proposition for you: Either you tell me where the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix is, or I go and kill that pathetic mudblood you have fallen for. You have two weeks, or you will never see her again.” With that, Voldemort left Harry’s mind, but Harry felt the most pain he had ever felt in his life. As he woke up his scar was burning bright green; it had never done this before. However, he needed to see Hermione, and could not worry about this. He needed to tell her what had happened, tell her to be prepared he needed to protect the one person he loved.

As he quickly got dressed, he had a horrible thought that caused his heart to sink: If I did not love Hermione, and she did not love me I would not be in this mess. It is my all my fault. It's bad luck to be associated with me. Every time I have someone to love, they are killed. There were my parents, then Sirius, and now Hermione. What am I going to do?

While he was pondering this, all he could think about was contacting Hermione. He needed to speak with her, but where? London? No too risky, we were just there yesterday, it needs to be a city, but not too big. I know, Newcastle, there are many shops, but it is not too big. Right -- but I still need to contact her, if I use an owl it could be intercepted, but there is no other way of contacting her, is there?

After Harry had gotten himself ready he went down stairs and went through the phone book until he found the one listing for Granger. It could be someone else but he had to try. Harry entered 0189 6582374, and listened to it ring. As it was ringing, he could not breathe. He was hoping she would answer.

“Hello, Hermione Granger speaking,” said the voice on the other end.

“Hermione is that you? It’s Harry,” he gulped.

“Harry, great to hear from you! I am missing you so much and just want to … ”

“Hermione, wait a minute," Harry cut her off. "I need to see you, it’s important, very important. I need to see you today. Are you able to meet me today?”

“Yes but why?”

“Can’t say over the phone but can you get to my house on a bus and we'll take it from there?”

“Yes, but what time?"

“As soon as you can. Oh, and, by the way, I love you.” Harry hung up as his uncle was getting out of bed.

After he had hung up, he got his shoes and coat on, and went out the door. It was a miserable day at Privet Drive; he thought it grimly funny that the weather matched his mood, as he was completely miserable. How was he going to tell Hermione, that yet again he had messed up her life? That the most powerful dark wizard was going to kill her? That he had to betray his friends to save her? But would that be so bad? At least he would have her ...

As he was thinking he heard a BANG, and the purple Knight Bus stopped in front of him, hitting Vernon’s car as it stopped. As the alarm started, Vernon came running down and was at the door, staring at the bus.

“What the bloody hell is that thing? What has happened to my car!” Vernon yelled.

As Stan got out of the bus, he used his wand to stop the alarm and fix the car.

“Those bloody freaky friends of yours again! Get that thing out of this street," Vernon yelled, shaking a finger at the bus and growing more red with each word he spoke. "What will the neighbours think, a big triple-decker purple bus standing outside my house. GET IT OUT OF HERE!”

Petunia and Dudley were puling Vernon inside for fear the neighbors heard him. Harry, on the other hand, was running towards Hermione was about to get off the bus, he grabbed her hand and dragged her back on.

“What the ... ” Hermione screamed as he was being dragged on the bus.

“Not now, I will tell you when we get to Newcastle.”

“Newcastle, why Newcastle?”

“I will explain, but let's get out of here.”

“Two to Newcastle upon Tyne please,” Harry said to Stan.

“Fine, take a seat.”

With that, the bus was off. In no time at all, they were in Newcastle. As they disembarked the bus, Harry and Hermione found a place to sit near the river.

“Why are we here?” Hermione said to Harry.

But he did not answer. He instead leaned forward and kissed her very slowly on the lips and said, “I have wanted to do that since we last met.”

Harry now felt it was time to tell Hermione the whole truth about Voldemort. As he told her, he could see her face turn -- he could see the fear gradually appearing in her eyes.

“But Harry, that means, that means … ”

“If I don’t tell him where the Order meets, he will kill you,” as he said this, he leaned forward and pulled Hermione into a tight hug. He wanted to be close to her, to comfort her; he needed to be there for her. After all, it was his fault. As they embraced each other, Hermione felt safe. Just being there, so close to Harry, she felt safe. She wanted to stay like this forever. As what Harry had said sunk in, she realised what it meant.

Still hugging Harry she whispered into his ear, “You can’t tell him, I don’t care what happens to me, you can’t tell him.”

“I won’t let him take you, I love you, you are the one person I would die for, and he will have to kill me if he wants to kill you.”

Hermione stared to cry when he told her this, she had just realised how much she meant to him.

“We need to tell Dumbledore -- he has to know, Harry.”

“Yes, but can we tell him tonight?" Harry's eyes gave away the desperation his voice did not. "I want to spend time with you alone. Just me and you -- like an ordinary couple.”

“OK then -- but just a few hours.”

As Harry and Hermione walked around Muggle Newcastle, they were having a great time. They could walk around and hold each other without worrying about people's seeing them. They could kiss each other in the middle of Northumberland Street, and nobody would care. They walked around lots of shops; Harry bought Hermione some dinner from Marks and Spencer so they could eat it outside. As they were about to start eating, Hermione took out some of her sandwich and put it into Harry’s mouth. Harry returned the favour; they sat and fed each and kissed and cuddled and laughed.

While Harry was feeding her, she could feel his finger just touch her lip as he placed the food into her mouth. She could feel the softness of his skin, it went through her whole body, and hairs on the back of her neck rose. She knew she was in love, and did not care that people were walking past them staring. The only person who mattered was Harry. She was experiencing love in its purest form.

When they finished, Hermione told Harry that they had better go and tell Dumbledore or someone from the Order what had happened. Hermione stuck out her wand, and the bus appeared. While on the bus, Hermione and Harry just held each other, happy to be together. As she sat there, she knew the time had come to tell Ron, but how? He had to know, he would be at the Burrow, the new headquarters for the Order. How could she tell him that his best mate and she were going out?

She did not have time to think as they appeared at the Burrow with a BANG. As they left the bus, Molly was running toward them.

***

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Waner Bros.
Hope you like the story, please read and review. I will not write the next chapter until I get more reviews.