Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting to the truth by iceblue

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 4: Ron’s mistake




As Molly pulled Harry into a tight hug he could see that she was pleased to see him but also angry.

“Harry, what are you doing here? You are supposed to be with the Dursleys. I know they are not the best Muggles in the world but Dumbledore has his reasons,” Mrs. Weasly said to Harry.

“I know but we need to talk to Ron and professor Dumbledore.” As Harry was saying this, he was gesturing toward Hermione. As Molly said hello to her, they walked toward the Burrow, and Ron came running toward them. Both Harry and Hermione looked at each other; Hermione was so scared, she looked as though she was going to keel over. Harry knew it was going to be up to him, he would just have to say it.

“Hi Ron,” Harry forced himself to speak normally not showing any signs of nervousness

“Hello, Harry, Hermione, great to see you.”

“Ron, Harry and I need to tell you something, but in private.”

As Harry, Hermione and Ron walked toward the garden, Ron knew something was wrong. They were both very quiet.

“Ron, there is something we need to tell you, it’s … it’s about … ” Harry was trying his hardest to tell Ron but the words would not come out. All of a sudden, Hermione blurted the whole truth out: “Ron, Harry and I have been going out for a few days now. Please let me finish, Ron. We did not mean for this to happen, it just happened. We really love each other and wanted you to be the first person we told.”

While Hermione was saying this Ron’s mouth dropped open. He could not believe what he was being told. His two best friends were seeing each other secretly, and were going out. Harry always knew he fancied Hermione, but it was obvious he did not care about him. All he could think about was how angry he was at both of them.

Ron was becoming angrier by the second, he could not get his head around this. Before he knew what he was doing, he ran towards Hermione and punched her in the centre of the chest. She fell to the floor, with Harry running towards Ron. He would not let Ron hurt Hermione. He did not care how angry Ron was he had no right to punch the person he loved so deeply. When Harry reached Ron, he tried to hold him back. But Ron was enthralled in rage and was too strong. He was beating the life out of Hermione. She was screaming for Harry to help her. To save her. It was the most pain she had experienced. Her chest felt like it was going to explode. The pain was immense. She saw Arthur, Molly, Fred and George running toward them. They all stunned Ron, and Harry lay down beside Hermione wiping the tears off her cheek and holing her hand.

The stunning spell wore off and Ron jumped up, shouting, “You Mudblood scum, get out of this house, leave and never come back! I never want to see you either of you again! You call yourselves my friends! What type of friend does this? You are both scum!”

All of the Weasleys were astonished at this comment. Hermione was lying on the floor clutching Harry’s hand for dear life. The pain was immense, but she could feel Harry move towards her and put his hand on her head and whisper into her ear

“Everything will be all right, I will look after you. Sorry. It’s my fault”

As he said this Molly ran to Hermione and said they needed to go to St. Mungos, but Hermione protested and said she wanted to go home. Molly refused. She said they would stay at the Burrow. Both Hermione and Harry said they would never stay there while Ron was there. Harry picked Hermione up and carried her in his arms. He could feel her pain, it was strange, just by looking into her eyes he could see the pain she was in. It was like there was a connection between them.

He did not know were he was going to go, but anywhere was better than being with Ron. Hermione could not move she just lay there in Harry’s arms. She felt safe and secure; she knew that he could not have done anymore than he had. She could remember the look on Ron’s face when they told him. He was so angry he had beaten her up very badly.

Arthur was running to catch up to Harry, followed by Dumbledore. Harry wondered how long he had been there. Harry had not noticed him.

“Come with me Harry, we can help her,” Arthur pleaded

“We will not go anywhere he his,” Harry said, gesturing toward Ron, who was being yelled at by Molly.

“Come with me Harry, back to Hogwarts. Madam Pomfrey can look after Hermione and we can talk,” Dumbledore said this in a voice to which Harry could only answer yes.

***


When they arrived, Madam Pomfrey gave Hermione a special potion to relieve the pain, she had five broken ribs and a broken nose. She was in immense pain. While Harry was looking at her all he could think about was how he should have stopped this. He should have been able to stop Ron from causing her so much pain. As she looked at him, she knew what he was thinking and just managed to say

“It’s not your fault; Ron should not have reacted like that. I never knew he felt that way toward me.”

“It is my fault; I should have protected you, if I can’t protect you from Ron how will I manage to protect you from Voldemort? I love you, Hermione and seeing you being hurt like that made me angry and I wanted to help you” Harry said this not noticing Dumbledore had walked into the ward.

“Harry I love you too, I do not blame you for this, there was nothing you could have done,” Hermione blushed as she realised Dumbledore had heard all of this.

“Harry, you said you needed to talk with me, could you come up to my office?”

“Sorry Sir, but I want to stay here. Could we just talk here? Hermione knows everything.” As Harry said this, Dumbledore moved his wand and a very comfortable chair appeared from nowhere. As Harry begun to tell Dumbledore everything about what had happened including his new relationship with Hermione, Dumbledore just nodded. When Harry had finished they were all quiet, no one spoke a word.

Dumbledore broke the silence by saying, “You and Hermione will stay here for the rest of the holidays, along with Hermione’s parents. This is the safest place for you all. Harry, you will have to learn Occlumency, I will teach you now. This is for your own safety as well as Hermione’s. Both of you will stay in the head boys and girls common room and dormitories until something more permanent can be arranged. Hermione will be taken there shortly. You are not to leave the common room in any circumstances. Do you understand, Harry?”

Harry just sat there taking it all in. He would have to stay in the one place for the whole summer. However, he had no choice.

“I understand professor; I will do what you say.”

“Fine, I will escort you and Hermione to your new quarters at once.”

With that, Dumbledore levitated Hermione up from the bed and to the common room. There were stone gargoyles moving around the outside of the door, which looked like those used when Sirius was thought to be trying to kill him. All of the windows had been blocked up by magic to stop people entering. The only disadvantage was that there was not natural light, but he knew it was for their protection. The whole place was like Fort Knox.

***


Meanwhile at the Burrow Ron was being shouted at by Molly
“How dare you call Hermione that name! You call yourself a Weasly you are pathetic Ronald Weasly. Can you not be happy for them? Are you so selfish you cannot see that they are happy? They came here to tell you first, and you repay them by doing this. Get out of my site Ronald Weasly. Get to your room and think about what you have done! You stay there until we tell you otherwise. Now!”
As she was saying she Ron broke down into tears, he was standing there tears running down his face. Ginny was standing there also very angry with her brother. Even though he was crying and was obviously ashamed at what he had done, she had to say something to him.
“Ron, you had no right to do what you did. Hermione loves Harry; she has told me many times. She loves him not you. Get that fact in your head. You have just proved what you really are, just like Draco. No matter how angry and hurt you felt you had no right to say or do what you did to her. You are the most selfish person I know and don’t talk to me!” Ginny said this and stormed off into the house, she was now crying because of the image of Hermione looking so beaten up. Her nose was bleeding and her face looked like she was dying. She could not believe that her brother could have done this. Both Hermione and Harry had come to tell him that they had strong feelings for each other. She stormed into her room and slammed the door. She lay on her bed hoping that Hermione would be all right.

Ron was now feeling even worse after what Ginny had said. He thought he could not feel any worse. He knew what he had done was wrong, but when they said that they were in love he, felt betrayed. He had loved Hermione for a long time, but never felt it was the right time to tell anyone. Now Harry had beaten him to it. What was he going to do; Hermione, Harry and his whole family hated him. As he went to his room, he just lay on his bed hoping that Hermione would pull through. He would give anything to go back in time and stop himself making the biggest mistake of his life.

***


Back at Hogwarts, Harry never left Hermione’s side for days. She was gradually getting better. Although she still could not get out of bed, Harry was always there to help her. He had been so sweet toward her; she knew that he really loved her. She wanted to feel his lips on hers, to feel his touch, but he was too scared that he would hurt her.

Hermione’s parents had arrived at Hogwarts and were in a separate part of the castle. They were also at Hermione’s side all day. Harry and Hermione would talk, not mentioning Ron, but about many things mostly about what they wanted to do when she was better.

After about a week, Hermione was back to full health. She and Harry were not allowed to leave the common room, but this did not bother them. They were happy just sitting there kissing each other. All the time she was lying in the bed, she wanted to feel Harry’s lips on hers. When they first kissed after she was better, it was like the first time they kissed on the Millennium Eye. Hermione could feel his lips on hers. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up again. She could feel Harry’s tongue meet hers. It was the best feeling ever, she never wanted the moment to end. There lips were locked; Hermione had her hands around Harry’s neck and was pulling him as close as she could. She could feel his heartbeat, and she heat coming off his body. Hermione felt secure and like nothing else mattered.

Harry was also having the best time of his life. He had met Hermione’s tongue and was exploring her mouth. The taste of her mouth was exhilarating; it was the first time they had done this. He was enthralled in her; his hand was cupping her bum, and feeling it. Hermione was letting out small moans of pleasure. They were so engrossed in each other they did not see Hermione’s parents and Mrs weasly enter the room.

“Cough, excuse me” Mr Granger said seeing Harry’s hand cupping his daughter's bum.

---

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Waner Bros.
Hope you like the story so far please review!