Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting to the truth by iceblue

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 5:Guilt



Both Harry and Hermione turned around extremely quickly at this comment. They had not seen the adults enter the room. They were both bright red and Harry had just realised where his hand was. He quickly removed it and they were all standing there looking at each other.

It was obvious that Mr and Mrs Ganger were very surprised to see their daughter in this situation. They did not know what to say. Harry broke the silence
“Sorry, we did not know you were there” As he said this he blushed even more as he saw the face on Mr Grangers face. However, what would you expect he had just walked in when his daughter was tonsil wrestling with her boyfriend, which she had been going out with for a few weeks.
“What do you think you are doing, it is a good job we walked in when we did! Who knows what would have happened.”
As he said this Harry held Hermione’s hand, he could feel the sweat in the palm of her hand. He was sure she could feel the same thing. What do you say to that? Harry thought. Both he and Hermione just stood there frozen to the floor, they were embarrassed, especially Hermione as it as her dad.
“We are very sorry; you should not have seen that. Nevertheless, we are in love and we will be doing things you are not overly happy about. This is our common room and you just entered without knocking” Hermione was interrupted by her Farther
“We did not expect to see your lips locked together with his hand around your posterior. Would you like to explain your actions Mr Potter?” With that, Harry started to speak very slowly choosing his words very carefully
“Mr Granger, I am very sorry you saw that, I hope you know I love your daughter very much and I would not force her to do anything she did not want to do” As Harry’s words sunk in Mr Granger slowly walked over to his daughter and said “Do you feel the same about him? Do you love him?”
Hermione took hold of Harry’s hand and told her farther she loved Harry deeply and could not bear to live without him. This seemed to satisfy him and he began to laugh.
“What the…” Hermione gave her parents a dirty look.
“You think we were not young? We knew what you would be doing, it is a joke! We know you and Harry love each other. Harry proved this by not leaving your side for a week, we know you will do things we should not know about, just promise us you will use protection.”
Both Harry and Hermione blushed, they were both protesting at this comment, saying they would never do that, they had just stared going out. However, Mr and Mrs Granger did not say a word they just sat on the settee and laughing and smiled at the couple who were obviously embarrassed.

Mrs Weasly eventually spoke,
“Harry Dumbledore needs to talk to you it is about Voldemort. He will be here in a few minutes. You will need to see him alone. He has a plan I am very sorry about what Ron did. He had no right, non at all. I want you to know we do not condone what he did, he is being punished.”
Hermione started crying and ran up to her room. Harry ran after her, she was crying, but there was something else other than anger. Harry reached her and wrapped his arms around her,
“Hermione, I know you are upset with Ron but you can’t get upset by this.”
“Harry, I…I hate Ron, I feel as though I would not care if I never saw him again. All I can think about is him standing above me kicking me. Every time I close my eyes, he is there. I hate him so much. I no it’s wrong, but I want to kill him.”
“I know Hermione, I feel the same, don’t feel ashamed, and he had no right to do what he did. Please believe me no one would blame you for the way you feel.” Harry hugged Hermione tightly and dried the tears from her cheek with his thumb. Hermione smiled, this made Harry’s heart melt. Something about her smile made him forget everything.
“I don’t think I will be able to forgive Ron, I want to but after what he did to me I just can’t. I am afraid if I see him, I will do something stupid. I should not feel like this, he was not thinking but I can’t help the way I feel.”
“No one would blame you if you did. He deserves it, he needs a good kick.” Hermione smiled at Harry
“Just forget about him, I want to concentrate on you and me” with that she pulled him close and gave him a passionate kiss, she loved him and as long as she had him nothing else mattered. They walked down the stairs and entered the common room.


***


Meanwhile back at the Burrow Ron had not left his room; he was so ashamed that he had beat up his best friend. The look on Harry’s face when he was leaving made him want to die. He felt so bad. None of his family had been to see him; food would be left outside his door. He was left alone, they did not want to see him, and they were ashamed of their son. He was just feeling so much pain, sadness and guilt. It was all building up inside of his he needed to do something. Something, which would make him, feel better. He took out his wand, stood up, and prepared himself for what he was going to do. If Hermione and Harry both hated him, there was no point in living. He was always second best to Harry, it was the same with his family, his own mother loved Harry more than him. When ever Harry was around he was ignored. Why was Harry Potter so much better than him? He answered his own question “ he is the famous Harry Potter and Hermione is just after fame. He now hated the both of them; they always thought they were better than him, always talking to each other. In a matter of minutes Ron had changed his whole perspective from feeling ashamed to hating his two ex best friends. After he thought long and hard he decided, he had nothing to live for. He was at the lowest point, he could see no way out of the situation, he pointed his wand straight at his chest and screamed at the top of his voice
“Avarda Kavarda” As he finished the incantation, a green fog appeared from the end of his wand. He was not strong enough. Even though he was not strong enough to kill himself he fell to the floor. Just before he fell to the floor he thought
“I can’t even kill my self, I am pathetic no wonder Hermione chose Harry.”

Mr Weasly and Ginny ran into his room, they heard what he said, they were horrified. When they saw him lying there they thought he was dead.
“Why did he have to do this?” Arthur said as he was lying near his son’s body. As he was there, he could fee his breath.
“He’s not dead, Ginny he’s not dead! We have to get him to hospital” the look of relief, which shot over Ginny’s face at this news, was immense. She did not like what he had done to Harry and Hermione but did not want him dead.

They hurried to St Mungos, they were sent to the ‘Mentally unstable department’ where Ron was placed on a bed. The healers said he would come round, but they did not know when. He was in a bad way. The curse was not strong enough to kill him, but was strong enough to cause serious internal damage.

“Ginny you stay here in case he wakes up, I will have to go and tell you mother”
Ginny stood up and gave her farther a hug, they did not speak. They could see the pain, which they were feeling. As Arthur left Ginny sat beside her brother praying that he would get better.

***



As Dumbledore appeared in the room, he led Harry up to his dorm.
“Harry, you are going to have to give Voldemort the location of the head quarters of the Order of the Pheonix…”
“I can’t do that, I can’t tell him where it is!”
“Now Harry, do you think I would tell you to do something which would put the Order in danger? Over the past week you have become very skilled in Occlumency. When Voldemort enters your mind in 6 days, you will tell him where the Order is, but you will tell him it is here. As long was you do what we have talked abut he will not be able to tell you are lying. There is more to this than meets the eye Harry. But I can’t say it is better if you do not know” With that Dumbledore led Harry back to the common room. As they got to the bottom of the stairs Arthur burst into the room.

“Molly, it’s Ron, he at St Mungos… tried to… kill himself. Used Avarda Kavarda on himself”. Both Molly and Hermione gasped. Hermione and Harry felt guilty because of what they had said earlier. Hermione didn’t mean it did she? No she did not she was angry and upset. However, what if she had, she needed desperately needed to talk to Harry. He was the only one she could trust. She was brought back down to earth with the sound of Arthur’s voice
“Molly he is not dead, he was not strong enough to kill himself. But he is in a bad way. You had better some with me.” Molly ran towards her husband, and they left. Harry went over and sat next to Hermione. She was crying her heart out
“It’s all out fault; he wouldn’t have done it if it wasn’t for us. After what we said earlier I feel so bad. What if he jinxed him or something. We should be supporting him, it is obvious he is not well.”
“It’s not our fault, Ron did this to himself. You of all people do not believe we jinxed him. You have every right to feel the way you do.” Harry said this in such a way Hermione had to believe him. She felt better, Harry always knew what to say to make her feel better.

As they, both sat there, Hermione slowly sobbing into Harry’s chest. The adults had left the room earlier with out them noticing. Both Harry and Hermione fell asleep on the settee cuddling each other. They loved each other so much, but their best friend hated them, they had upset him so much he wanted to take his life. How could they live with them selves? They had driven him to suicide. No matter what either of them said to each other, they both knew they had caused all of this. This thought was going through both Harry and Hermione’s head as they fell asleep.

Hermione was the first to wake; she found that Harry held her in a tight embrace. She did not move or wake him. She lay there enjoying the felling of Harry’s body rubbing against hers. She was now feelings guilty, Ron was lying in hospital on the verge of death and here she was with Harry’s arms wrapped tightly around her stomach feeling great.

When Harry woke up, Hermione turned around and faced him. The couple were centimetres apart, they looked into each others eyes. Harry was lost in those big chocolate brown eyes he loved so much. He gently moved forward and gave Hermione a gentle kiss on the lips. After this Hermione said
“What a way to start the day.” And with that she lay on top of Harry and kissed him passionately. They lay there ¾ of an hour kissing, and touching each other. Hermione could feel the muscles on his chest and was breathing heavily. Harry was again touching her bum, but this time had a hand n her chest. Hermione didn’t seem to mind. They finally stopped before it got too far. They both agreed not to rush things.

They were both so in love. They wanted to be together all of the time. Hermione broke the romantic atmosphere by saying
“Do you think Ron is all right?”
“He’ll be fine, don’t worry abut him, just forget.” Harry replied full of confidence.
“Will he ever accept me and you?
“Even if he doesn’t I love you and would do anything for you. If that means not being friends with Ron that is fine with me. You are the one person which matters in my life.”
Hermione smiled at him and said
“I love you Harry James Potter” she gave him a kiss on the cheek and got up from the settee, Harry noticed what cloths she had on, a very tight pair on pants along with a very small top, which was cut at the arm. He was thinking that she looked great and could not believe his luck. He knew that she loved him and he loved her with all of his heart, no matter what Ron would say.

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Waner Bros.
Hope you like the story so far please review! (Thanks to everyone who has reviewed so far. It really means a lot!)