Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting to the truth by iceblue

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter7: The Eros charm


When they entered, Mrs. Weasly was seated on the settee, waiting for them to arrive. She just looked at the couple, praying that they were willing to help her son. Willing to try and forgive him for what he had done. Harry and Hermione wrapped their arms around each other’s waists and sat down holding each other tightly.

Mrs. Weasly was now getting worried -- what if they are unwilling to help? she thought. My son could die. As this thought left her mind, Hermione spoke: “Mrs. Weasly, we are willing to go and see him. This does not mean we forgive him, but do not want him to die.” She said this in a caring and worried voice.
Mrs. Weasly let out a breath in relief; they all stood up, and Mrs. Weasly gave them one of her hugs. They were unable to breathe until she finally let go.
“Thank you so much, I know this must be very hard for you. I will be eternally grateful for what you are going to do. You are like part of the family and I love you both very much. I hope you will be very happy together. I know Ron will come round.”

***


They arrived at St. Mungo’s via port key, there were guards with them as they did not know how safe the hospital was. The guards were Tonks, Lupin and Mad Eye. They all circled around Harry and Hermione to protect them. They were waiting for the lift to take them to the fifth floor, when Harry and Hermione kissed; they held each other tightly together. Both of them were in love with each other. It had taken a long time for them to see it, but they finally had. It was official; people were looking at them as their lips met, as Harry pulled Hermione as close to him as he could. As Hermione’s hands wrapped around his neck, as she slid her tongue into his mouth. They were both madly in love. They did not care who was there or who was taking pictures. Hang on, Harry thought to himself -- taking pictures? Hermione had noticed this, they both broke apart they looked at the man with the camera. He was familiar.
Hermione shouted, “Malfoy!”
The members of the Order turned around quickly. Sure enough, it was Malfoy. Both Hermione and Harry held each other close, they had no wands. They were told they could not take them. Were they going to die?
“Hermione, I love you with all my heart, If I die, you have to know I will always love you.”
“Harry, you will not die, I love you. We stick together, for better or for worse.” With this, Harry gave Hermione a kiss on the lips. It was to be short-lived as a voice shouted, “Crucio!” Both Harry and Hermione were hit. They were feeling immense pain, they looked into each others eyes, and the pain went. As they were looking into each other’s eyes they could feel no pain.
“Hermione, my love, I love you with all my heart. If I die, I want you to be happy.”
“We will not die” with that, they kissed each other, it was magic, a huge white beam of light erupted from the point where their young supple lips met. It was a blinding bright light they were both terrified. But they held each other close -- no matter what happened, they wanted to be together. They were feeling the strangest feelings they had ever had. The bright light created a dome around them, inside the dome they felt the pain being taken away. Some strange force was healing them.
“Hermione, what is going on? I can feel myself healing. I feel even more in love with you than before. I cannot explain it. I feel the urge to kiss you, to hold you even closer to be with you!” Harry said this with such passion; he did not know what he was saying. It was just coming out of his mouth.
“Harry I feel the same, I have never felt like this before. I have no idea what is going on, but kiss me. I need to fell your touch, to feel your lips to love you.”
Harry moved his lips closer to Hermione’s, and they kissed with such passion. It was the best feeling ever. They did not care who was watching. At this moment in time, they felt such attraction for each other they just kissed and were happy in each others arms.

After about five minutes the dome subsided, everyone was staring at them, wondering what had happened. Both Harry and Hermione collapsed on the floor. They were embracing each other very tightly. They were inseparable. No matter what spells were tried to get them off each other was no good. They were just lying there on the floor in each other’s arms. Both staring into each others eyes, they did not move but just stared.

They finally awoke about two minutes later. The whole room was silent, every witch and wizard was staring at them. Wondering what had happened to them. In front of them was Albus Dumbledore.
“May I have a word in private, please, you two?” He had a twinkle in his eyes; he knew what had just happened, and why it was important that they be told.

He led them to a deserted room, and locked the door and cast a spell so that no one could hear what was to be said. As Hermione and Harry entered what looked to be broom cupboard, because of the brooms all over the walls, they noticed they were still holding each other closely. They did not want to let each other go. They felt the need to be close, to feel the other’s touch.
“Professor what just happened to Harry and me?”
“Well Hermione from what I saw I think you both just produced the most powerful Eros charm I have ever seen…”
“But we...we never said anything” Harry stated looking confused
“Harry, the Eros charm does not work because a wizard tells it to. It comes about because of true love. When two people who are meant to be together are together. When they are in danger and when they need it the most. This charm is very rare. No one in the last 300 years have had feelings for each other that were strong enough to cause this. Do you see what I am saying? You two are meant to be together. Your love for each other protected you and it made you stronger. After all there is nothing stronger than love -- you of all people should know that Harry.

"Every time you are in trouble and the other is with you, the charm will activate. It will heal you; it will protect you for this charm saves the lives of people who are destined to be together for some reason, which is unknown. But, Harry, in your case we do know why you have to live; to kill Voldemort -- and with Ms. Granger next to you. The two of you are stronger because of this charm, your minds are one. You will know what the other is thinking, you will know when they are in trouble. You have this bond, which cannot be broken by anyone. It will be there until the day you die. Until the day, you doe of natural causes, but when one of you dies the other will follow. You will be so in love you cannot bear to be apart. You will spend eternity together in each others loving arms.

"There are other things you should know: It will be unbearable for you to be separated; you will constantly think about the other when they are not there. This causes problems, which you can guess, you take different classes, you sleep in different places, you live in different houses and finally you cannot bare to see the other in pain. You will do anything you can to protect the other, to make sure they are not in pain. You will know every thought, which pops into their mind, every memory they have. Over the course of the next week you will become one, you may have separate bodies but you will have the same mind. Everything will be shared, knowledge, memories, fears and thoughts. However, this only causes problems if you let it. As long as you learn to live with what is about to happen you will be able to live a brilliant life. You will be together and spend many happy times together.

"Alas, the time has come for you to do what you came here for. If you have any further questions or worries about what is happening please speak to me at your leisure. I know this is a lot to take in but you have to help your friend Mr. Weasly. Now if you will excuse me.”
With this Dumbledore left the room. Both Harry and Hermione were digesting what they had heard, when the urge to hold each other came. They did not speak, as they knew what each other was thinking. Just like Dumbledore had said. Hermione could hear all of Harry’s thoughts, just like he could hear hers. They finally verbally communicated
“Hermione I love you and want to stay here forever but we need to see Ron. I want to talk to you but can we see Ron first.”
“Yes Harry, I feel the same way, as you know.” The couple left the broom cupboard in each other’s arms. They never let go until they reached the third floor and saw Mrs. Weasly standing there in tears. Harry was thinking, here we go when Hermione scolded him. Even though he had been thinking it, it was as though he had said it.

Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Waner Bros.
Hope you liked this chapter. I really enjoyed writing it. Please read and review. Once again thanks to everyone who had reviewed, it makes me want to continue!