Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Getting to the truth by iceblue

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 8: Forgiving Ron



Mrs. Weasly ran toward them -- apparently she had found out what had happened.
“I am so ashamed," she sobbed. "You two could have died, and all because of me. I am so sorry, how did you survive? How are you? Well?”
Harry and Hermione were looking at each other; they did not want everyone to know what had happened to them. They did not know if Dumbledore had told anyone.
Hermione was the first to speak, “Professor Dumbledore saved us; he used some advanced magic to shield us.”
“I knew he was powerful, but that much," said Mrs. Weasly. She paused uncomfortably, looking for the right thing to say next when neither Harry nor Hermione responded with more than silent nods. "Oh ... er ... well ... we are forever in your debt for what you are about to do," said Mrs. Weadly, gaining her verbal footing. "It can’t be easy after what he put you through. The Healers want to have a word with you. They want you to do something.”
With that Mrs. Weasly took them into a small room, their was a window which could just be seen where a curtain ended. There was a big dark blue curtain that went from floor to ceiling, as if it was hiding something or someone.
“What is behind that curtain?” Harry said curiously to Mrs. Weasly
“Ron, he is behind there, to keep people from looking at him.” She had started crying again, and Arthur emerged from behind the curtain. He took his wife into his arms and comforted her.

The head Healer walked into the room.
“Ah, Mr. Potter and Ms. Granger, I presume.” Harry and Hermione both nodded solemnly, apparently not speaking. However, within their minds, Hermione and Harry were talking to each other.
“Harry, I don’t know if I can do this, I am scared, what will he look like? I do not want to see him like this. I’m scared; will I be able to handle it?”
“Hermione, you are the strongest witch I know, I know you are scared as you know I am. Nevertheless, I love you; I will help you through this. It will be painful but we have to do it. We would not be able to live with out selves if we did not. Just remember he did not do what he did to you on purpose, he was angry. He will come to terms with you and me -- you have to believe that. Just like you have to believe I love you.”
“I know. You know how to make me feel better. Thanks.” Hermione said this aloud without realising it. Mrs. Weasly was looking at the pair, they looked blank like there was nothing there, just a body. Hermione realised this and could not speak, what would she say.
“Are you two all right? Hermione, Harry has said nothing -- what is going on?" she asked "You are hiding something from me, please tell me.”
“We can’t, it’s complicated. We have to come to terms with it first. We will tell you when we are ready,” Hermione said this best she could given the fact she was now crying.

It was weird, Harry could feel himself start to cry, the emotions Hermione felt were crossing over to him. He could not help it, he was crying as much as Hermione. He took her into her arms and said, he knew what she was feeling. He held her tight, she held him tight. They were their for each other, they were experiencing the same feeling of fear, fear of the time they would have to tell people. Fear of what people would say. But most of all fear of what was coming next. The fear of seeing Ron lying on a bed helpless, knowing they were his only hope. But could they help, could they forgive him for what he had done?

They stood their in each other’s arms looking into each other’s eyes, their was something which told them they would get through this, they could see hope; hope and love was all they had. They stopped crying but Harry never let his arm leave Hermione’s waist and she did not let go of him. The Healer broke the awkward silence, as Mrs. Weasly was shocked, she knew something had happened but did not know what.
“Ronald Weasley is in a very bad way; his curse was not string enough to kill him but has caused serious damage. He will be cured if he lasts till the end of the week. That is where we need your help; he is terrified that you are not his friend, he feels ashamed at what he has done. If you can find it in your hearts to forgive him, it will give him hope. Hope that you can love him as you once did. Not love as you two share, but love as in best friends. If he feels that is in his grasp it will make him want to fight, want to get better. Because he put the curse on himself, he needs this, needs to know you do not hate him. This could mean the difference from life or death.”
Harry and Hermione both nodded knowing what they would have to do, knowing that they could save his life. It was as though a ton weight had been placed on their shoulders. They walked behind the blue curtain to see a large bed with Ron lying peacefully on it. He was white as a ghost. He had no colour in his cheeks, he did not move -- he was just lying there looking dead. Again Hermione started crying and them Harry followed. Mrs. Weasly was standing behind them. She definitely knew something was wrong, when ever Hermione would cry, and Harry would do the same. It was not normal for Harry to cry. She just knew something was happening that she did not know about.

As Hermione and Harry cried into each other’s arms, they heard the voice of Ron.
“Hermione, Harry are you their, please say you are there. I am so…” Blood started pouring out of his mouth. Both Harry and Hermione screamed at the sight of this, they were holding each other very tightly, they needed to be with each other. As the Healers ran to help Ron, they just stood and watched.

About five minutes later, they had left; Ron was stable for now.
“Ron can you hear us?” Hermione said in a very sweet voice.
Ron just nodded, both Hermione and Harry walked over to him. They had mentally agreed to stay strong. Hermione was not going to cry, they were going to stay strong together.
“Ron we…we forgive for what you did.” Hermione said this while looking down at his limp body. He took his hand in hers. Harry could feel the compassion she was feeling toward him. He knew no matter what Ron had done she would forgive him. He was like her brother, her best friend. Harry felt the same and Hermione could tell, she knew he was not mad at him. Not after seeing him like this. Harry finally spoke
“We forgive you Ron, we want you to wake up so we can talk, sort this horrible mess out. No matter what happens, we will always love you. You are like a brother to us. We can’t bare to see you like this. Please fight, fight to stay alive, fight to see your family again, fight to be loved.”
Hearing this, Ron smiled, and his mother proclaimed, “He smiled, he smiled. It’s the first time he has done it. Arthur, he actually smiled!” Mrs. Weasley was in hysterics, she knew she had done the right thing, it was looking better for Ron.
“Thanks I think of you two as family, I am truly sorry for what I have done to you. I hope I will be able to make it up to you some day.” Ron’s voice was barley audible due to the pain was in. But he did not care, his two best friends did not hate him. He felt their was something to live for. He knew he had been stupid, but they forgave him. This thought was running through his mind.

Harry and Hermione were told they would have to leave, he needed rest and they had to go to Hogwarts as it was not safe. Harry and Hermione looked at each other, they were happy they had seen him. They were able to fully forgive him, he was their family, they could not stay mad at him.


Authors note:
This story has nothing to do with JK Rowling or Warner Bros.
Hope you liked this chapter. I really enjoyed writing it. Please read and review. Once again thanks to everyone who had reviewed, it makes me want to continue!