Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

What Trelawney Never Predicted by Marauder24

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 3: The day they have all been waiting for


“Mrs. Weasley, Ginny’s going into labour,” screamed Harry as he carried Ginny in his arms into the kitchen.

“Get her to St. Mungo’s quick. We’ll all be along soon,” replied Mrs. Weasley. She was already bossing people around. Shoving them in various directions with little small chores to do.

“Get her there quick Harry. I’ll be by in a few minutes. We’ll catch up and reminisce more later,” said Mike putting a hand on Harry’s shoulder. Within seconds Mike had apperated and was gone. Harry and Ginny followed a few seconds later.

Harry appeared at St. Mundo’s with a pop. He ran up towards the desk with Ginny still in his arms. “My wife is in labour.”

“Bring her this way Mr. Potter,” said a voice. Harry turned and saw a pretty young witch. Harry followed her and before he got to the door he saw Mike sitting in a chair.

“You are getting slow Harry. What took you so long?” said Mike with a smile.

“Come on Mr. Potter,” said the female healer. She was standing in the door motioning for Harry for her to follow. She caught Mike’s eyes and they both winked at each other. Harry followed her through the door and left Mike sitting alone.

A few minutes later, the whole Weasley clan showed up and seeing Mike sitting there, they came over and sat down.

“You can’t go through there,” said Mike as he saw Ron looking through the window in the door.

Ron mumbled something to himself and came to sit down next to Hermione. “Have you heard anything yet?” asked Hermione , looking at Mike.

“Nothing yet. The healer took them through a few minutes before you got here. She hasn’t been back out yet.” Just then a few healers came running by and through a door.

“Oh dear. Something is wrong,” worried Mrs. Weasley.

“I’m sure they’re fine. They got the best healers in the place helping out Harry and Ginny. He is the one who defeated Voldemort. so he’s bound to get some preferential treatment.” Some of the Weasleys shuddered at the name but nowhere near as they used to.

“Mike, could you come over here for a second?” asked Hermione. Mike nodded and followed her a few feet off. “Are you coming, Ron?” she said when she saw him sitting down twiddling his thumbs. Ron looked up and went over to where they were standing.

“What’s going on here? Why did you just show up tonight and why didn’t you want Harry to tell anyone about you?” she asked.

“I have my own secrets that I had to keep hidden. But now’s about time to reveal them. If you will just be a little patient, I’ll tell you all later when Harry is with us.”

“Ok. I have just one more question for you. Earlier, when you said Dumbledore sent you on secret missions during our sixth year; you did mean looking for the horcruxes when he couldn’t, right?”

“Yes. I even got a few destroyed before Harry went after them. I found Huffelpuff’s cup somewhere up in the highlands of Scotland,” answered Mike. “Anymore questions?”

“None that have to be answered right now,” piped in Ron for the first time. They all went back and sat down in their chairs.

“What did you and Harry do when you were out after Voldemort?” asked Fred who was standing against the wall behind Mike.

Mike turned around and looked at him. “Well, just spent a lot of free time joking around and talking. When you’re after a dark wizard you have a lot of downtime. Who did you think kept on sending in all those Owl orders to your and your brother’s shop?”

“That was you and Harry?” asked George, who was standing next to his twin brother. “Damn, you must be rich to spend that kind of money.”

“Like Harry, my parents left me with a lot of money when they died a few years before. I must say, you two know your magic. Me and Harry came up with a few new ideas for the shop but we’ll have to share them later.”

“Cool. We’ll be glad to hear them. If you ever need a job and you’re in town, swing by and we might find some room for you.”

“I might take you up on that offer. I have enough money to live off of for as long as I need to but I could use a little job to pass the time. Me and Harry used to fight with each other using the fake wands. I know it sounds a little immature, but with nothing else to do we had to find some way to pass the time.”

Everyone laughed. They were quiet for a few moments because a healer came through the door, but just walked by and said nothing. Bill was the first to say anything. “What’s it like fighting out there against the Death Eaters and Voldemort?”

“I’m sure Harry told you all the old stories.”

“He always changed the subject when we asked. We eventually gave up,” said Ron.

“Oh. I’ll have to have a talk with him about that,” Mike replied. “Well, there really isn’t too much to say. When I first got here I was doing work for Dumbledore and when I wasn’t, he was showing me some of his better spells. I mostly passed them on to Harry.”

“I remember one of the few stories that Harry told us when he first got back. I liked the one with the dragon,” said Charlie.

“I remember that day. In fact, I still have nightmares about that one. I’ve seen Horntails and Ridgebacks but they don’t compare. That creature was the nastiest thing I’ve ever seen. I’d rather face Voldemort himself, than it again.” Again everyone laughed.

“Any other stories?” asked Mr. Weasley. He was reading that morning’s edition of the Daily Prophet.

“I got one you might like, especially you Mr. Weasley,” he replied. “One night, about a day or two before the final battle, we went to Godric’s Hollow to visit Harry’s parents’ old house. We meant to go there sooner, but kept on getting sidetracked. When we finally got there, we ran into an old friend. We found Voldemort’s snake, Nagini, winding its way around the area. It tried to bite both of us but we kept on dodging it. To make a short story even shorter, the snake was dead when we left that night.”

Everyone smiled, but no one had a larger smile on his face then Mr. Weasley. “I wonder why Harry never said anything about that before?” wondered Mr. Weasley.

Mike didn’t get a chance to reply because the healer that brought Harry through the door came out followed by Harry.

“Oh Harry dear, we were so worried. We saw some healers run in about an hour ago but we didn’t know what was wrong. How’s the baby and Ginny,” said Mrs. Weasley as she got up and walked towards Harry. The healer smiled and put a hand on her shoulder and Mrs. Weasley stopped before she reached Harry.

“Oh don’t worry about that. There was a problem in the Dangerous Bites Ward. Something about a guy that had been bitten by a werewolf few days back.” No on eseemed to notice then Harry was holding the baby in his arms.

“I spent some time in there a few years ago. Bitten by a big snake,” said Mr. Weasley.

The witch smiled and went to sit down next to Mike. She put her head on his shoulder and sighed. “A hell of a first day.”

“Yeah. I’m sure it was. I bet you never thought you would help deliver Harry Potter’s and his wife’s baby.”

Everyone starred wide-eyed at them. Even Harry stood there wondering what was going on.

Mike saw everyone starring at him and laughed. “I probably should have said it earlier. I would like to introduce everyone here to my wife Christina. It’s her first day here. She just transferred in from a hospital in the States.” Everyone starred for a few seconds and then Harry laughed.

“So that’s why you just showed up now. I should have known.” No one said anything because a sound came from the bundle he was holding in his arms.

“Harry, you have the baby with you. Why didn’t you say something?” said Hermione.

“Everyone, I would like to introduce you to me and Ginny’s daughter. Say hello to Emily Lily Potter.”