Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To Fall in Love Again by Madame Marauder

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Bella, you can’t,” Narcissa Malfoy shouted.

Bellatrix Lestrange winced at the sudden blast of noise. She hadn’t realized confiding in her sister would backfire as such. They were seated in the sun-lit dining hall of Malfoy Manor; Narcissa’s home.

“What will Rodolphus think?” Narcissa continued. “He…”

“Doesn’t have to know,” Bellatrix finished strongly. “I can keep a secret.”

Narcissa snorted. “The Dark Lord may not even accept your affections, Bella.”

Bellatrix gasped in anger, her dark eyes narrowed. She slapped her hand across her sister’s pale cheek.

“How dare you? I have always been The Dark Lord’s most faithful servant. He surely won’t deny me,” Bellatrix seethed. “I should never have entrusted you with my emotions. You’re my childish sister and a fool.”

Bellatrix stood up and turned to go. Narcissa sat, dumbfounded, rubbing her reddening cheek. Before Bellatrix left she heard her sister mutter something.

“True love cannot be found where it doesn’t exist.”

Bellatrix hesitated, as though she would turn around. She thought better of it and apparated home to a rapidly dilapidating Lestrange House. She knew her husband, Rodolphus, would be there, awaiting her return. Bellatrix stood outside the heavy oak door; ivy crept up it and wound like a snake. She traced her fingers over the ivy before pushing open the door.

“Bella?” Rodolphus called. “Is that you?”

He flew downstairs, his red cloak swirling behind him as he descended. He stopped at the landing and beamed to his wife.

“I’ve missed you. That’s three days you’ve been gone,” he said before continuing down the stairs. “Tell me, did you have a nice stay at Narcissa’s?”

Bellatrix nodded slowly as her husband pulled her into a hug. He kissed her forehead. She hated it when he did that. He pulled away and held her at arms' distance.

“You may have to get used to me being gone,” she said hollowly. “I feel that I shall soon find favor with the Dark Lord once more and he’ll…”

“Send you on more time-consuming missions, yes. I understand, Bella,” Rodolphus said, his smile faltered. “Whatever our master wishes is our bidding.”

He looked away hastily. Bellatrix felt color rise in her hollow cheeks. She knew that Rodolphus wanted to connect with her, but she didn’t feel as though she loved him. The only love she had was for Voldemort. Bellatrix intended to prove it to her lord and master.

That night, as she lay next to Rodolphus, she couldn’t help but imagine that beside her, instead was Voldemort. She inhaled deeply at the thought; it was perfect. Rodolphus’ steady breathing could belong to anyone-- including the Dark Lord. Bellatrix examined the gold wedding band on her ring-finger. It shone in the dim moonlight. Though the ring was beautiful, it constricted her finger and she longed to be rid of it.



Lord Voldemort sat in the Riddle House while Nagini slithered on the floor. It was a dark night and Voldemort was pondering something he found troublesome. Bellatrix, one of his loyal Death Eaters, had developed feelings for him. Voldemort knew he could work it to his advantage, but how?

“Should I use her affections, what would I gain?” Voldemort asked in parsletounge.

“Think! She would do anything for you. You’d be a fool not to use that for its benefits!” Nagini spat.

Voldemort hissed in anger.

“I know! I am not a fool! But what purpose could her affections serve? I have no love for her, so it would get tiresome rather quickly.”

“Rather quickly indeed!” Nagini scoffed. “My Lord, think of something you can gain ‘rather quickly’.”

A slow, evil smile of comprehension spread its way across Voldemort’s face. He understood Nagini perfectly.

“If you mean to say an heir…”

“Yes, yes. My Lord, it is perfect! It wouldn’t look suspicious at all,” Nagini said drawing herself up so her head was level with Voldemort’s. “She is married, so no one will think twice of it, including Bellatrix!”

Voldemort’s red eyes gleamed triumphantly.

“This certainly does look promising,” he murmured. “I’m glad to have you, Nagini. You are my most faithful servant.”



Rodolphus Lestrange was worried about his wife. She seemed to spend more time at Malfoy Manor than at home. He knew she loved her sister, but Bellatrix was spending days at a time away from home. He began to wonder if she was avoiding him. He still loved her more than ever, but Bellatrix seemed distant.

“Rabastan, do you think Bella loves me?” he asked his brother one of the days Bellatrix was away.

Rabastan laughed. “She married you, how could she not?”

Rodolphus nodded and shrugged.

“I know that… but she seems so distant lately,” he said softly.

Rabastan laughed again. “She’s a woman. They do things only other women understand. They’re just odd.”

Rodolphus snorted.

“That’s why you never married; you said women were odd to one of them and they all got mad,” he said with a wry grin. Rabastan grinned back.

“Aye, but it wasn’t for lack of good looks, was it?” he said, admiring himself in the mirror.

Rodolphus looked at his brother’s face; emaciated from years in Azkaban, his teeth were in poor condition and he was skin and bones. Rodolphus shook his head and remained silent.

“Rabastan, I really am worried about Bellatrix,” he said seriously.

“I am too, she’d have to be crazy to marry you,” Rabastan teased. “You need to lighten up. Why don’t you and I go torture some Muggles together? Wouldn’t that be fun?”

“You go on ahead, I think I’ll stay here and wait for-“

“Bella,” sneered Rabastan. “I know.”

Rabastan Disapparated from sight. Rodolphus was left alone to mull over his thoughts.