Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Coming Home by belladonna_tb

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Hey,” Ginny said as she Apparated at Hermione and Ron’s flat. “I got your owl… Hermione?” she called, looking around. All of the lights in the front of the flat were off and it seemed like no one was home, except for the light shining from the back bedroom.

“I’m in the bedroom, Ginny.” Hermione called out across the flat.

“So, what do you want to do tonight?” Ginny stopped just inside the doorway, as she saw Hermione dressed to the hilt. She looked exquisite. “Wow! You look terrific. What’s the occasion? I thought you said that you wanted to do something with me tonight, not Ron.” Ginny said jokingly. “Has there been a change of plans?”

“No. I am going to do something with you. We’re going to get all dolled up, go have dinner at a nice restaurant, and enjoy ourselves with a night out on the town.” Hermione said, acting as if nothing had fazed her.

“Erm… Hermione? In case you haven’t noticed, I’m not exactly dressed for the particular occasion that you are planning.” She was, in fact, only in a pair of jeans and a jumper. “Besides, I’m not sure if I really want to go out and paint the town tonight.” Ginny slumped down onto the bed, dropping her bags to the ground.

Ginny and Harry hadn’t spoken to each other for three days. It was killing her, but she just wasn’t sure what to do. She loved Harry, more than her own life, but she wanted to become an auror. There had to be some way that they could work this out, if she could only make Harry understand.

Ginny had almost resolved to say something to Harry yesterday but, Hermione told her to give him another day or two before making her move. “I’m sure that he’ll come around,” she said. “And if he doesn’t by then, you can say something to him.”

“Listen,” Ginny said as she stood to go back to her flat. “Why don’t you and Ron just go out and enjoy yourselves tonight? I think I’m just going to go home, eat a bite, and head to bed.”

“Absolutely not. Don’t even think about it. You’re going out with me tonight and that’s that. Besides, Ron’s out with Harry.”

“Harry and Ron went out? What were they going to do?” she asked questioningly.

“Oh, don’t get your knickers in a bunch. They just went out to The Leaky Cauldron with Fred and George. You know, some macho guys night, or something.” Hermione continued pinning her hair in place and then studied herself in the mirror. “Hmph? Not half bad.”

“In case you didn’t hear me before. I said, I’m not dressed to go out on the town.” Ginny kept trying to insist that she would rather just stay at home and call it an early night, but Hermione seemed to want to hear nothing of it.

“Nonsense. I have everything you need. Including this…” Hermione walked over to her wardrobe, and opened the door cautiously. “Ah, here it is,” she said, as she reached in and pulled out the most beautiful dress that Ginny had ever seen.

Ginny went weak in the knees as soon as she saw the dress in Hermione’s hand. “Where did you get that dress, Hermione?”

“Oh, I just happened to be browsing through Diagon Alley today and found it in one of the shops. Gorgeous, isn’t it?” she said as a grin snuck on her face.

“Words can’t even begin to describe this dress, Hermione. You shouldn’t have gotten this. It had to have cost a fortune. How ever did you pay for it?” Ginny said as she took the dress from Hermione, admiring the detail work.

“Never you mind how I got it. Just get dressed, and once you’re ready, I’ll come in and help you do your hair. Besides, we need to hurry. We’ve got reservations for 7 p.m.” Hermione began to walk out of the room so that Ginny could get dressed, but she was caught by another one of her questions.

“Where are we going? You never said.”

“Don’t you worry about that. It’s my treat and I want it to be a surprise.” She turned to close the door, but popped her head back in as she remembered something. “Oh, and your shoes are just over to the right of the bed.”

Hermione closed the bedroom door, leaving Ginny still standing in the middle of the room, just staring at the dress in her hands. How am I ever going to thank her for this? Ginny thought.

A few minutes later, Ginny opened the bedroom door. “Hermione, I’m ready to start working on my hair.”

“Great. Why don’t you go on in the loo and start trying to get a handle on that mane of yours? I need to grab something out of here really quick.” Hermione replied as she walked into the bedroom.

“Ok. But, we’d better make it quick. It’s already half past six and you know how unruly and stubborn my hair can be.” Ginny called as she moved into the loo.

“Just had to grab a few things.” She said as she entered the loo to stand behind Ginny. “Did you use a detangling charm?”

“Umph…no,” she whined. “You’ve got me all frazzled. Can’t you tell me where we’re going?” Ginny was a patient person, but she wasn’t one for knowing that you were hiding a surprise, and wouldn’t tell her about it.

“I already answered that question. So, stop trying to pry the information out of me. Now, let’s see…what shall we do with your hair? Aha! I’ve got it.” Hermione exclaimed, as she hurriedly said a detangling charm and a few others to help along the way.

Frowning as she watched Hermione, Ginny asked, “You mean you’re not going to put it up? I think I look much more sophisticated with it up.”

“We’re not going for sophisticated, my dear. We’re going for drop dead, knock your socks off, stunning! So, close your eyes for the grand finale.” Hermione placed the last curl in her hair saying, “Now, for a few finishing touches.” She began placing small sparkling silver butterflies throughout her hair. “And… there we have it. You can open your eyes now.”

Ginny slowly opened her eyes, revealing the masterpiece that Hermione had been working on. With a sharp intake of breath, she said, “Oh… my… Merlin. Hermione… it’s wonderful.” Tears began to well up in her eyes and she almost began crying.

“Oh…no, no. None of that. We don’t want to have you all splotchy from crying. Besides, there’s one more thing. Well, one… or two.” Hermione grabbed Ginny’s hand, pulling her out of the loo and back into the bedroom. “Wait right here.” She turned around and picked up two velvet boxes from where they were lying on the bed. Moving back to face Ginny, she opened up the smaller of the two boxes to reveal a pair of dazzling silver earrings. They were about two inches long, slender and at the end, they held a beautiful emerald that stood out with excellence.

Ginny couldn’t say anything. She couldn’t even breathe. “How… why…?”

Shaking her head, “Now, now… you’ll get that answer later. And, last but certainly not least…” Hermione opened the larger velvet box, revealing a matching silver necklace that held not one, but three emeralds clustered together.

Ginny was now breathing hard, “OH… Merlin!"

She reached out a shaky hand to trace her fingers along the bottom, near the beautiful green jewels.

“Oh, I can’t… I can’t take these. It’s all too much.”

“Yes you can take them, and you will. Now, put these on,” Hermione said handing the earrings to Ginny. “Once you’ve got those on, turn around so that I can put this marvelous necklace around your neck.”

They finished putting the new jewelry on Ginny, and she and Hermione both stood back from the mirror, admiring the sight.

“I have never seen you look more beautiful than you do right now.”

Ginny blushed profusely and lowered her head, “Thanks Hermione.”

“Oh goodness. Is that the time?” Hermione jumped as she noticed the clock. “We’ve got to be going or we’ll be late. Right, let me just put the blindfold on. Come on, now.”

“The… what? Why do I have to be blindfolded?” Ginny didn’t like the direction this was going. First she had to get all dressed up, she wasn’t told where she was going, and now she was being blindfolded? No. If this involves a blindfold, I want a good explanation, Ginny thought.

Hermione was getting a bit irritated now. “Because I told you, this is a surprise, and if I don’t blindfold you, you’ll peek and then the surprise would be ruined.”

She quickly grabbed the blindfold and covered Ginny’s eyes, tying the clothe in the back. “Ok. Hold on to my hand; we’re off.”

They took each other’s hand and Hermione Apparated them to their destination.

------------------------------


“Can I take my blindfold off now? And couldn’t you have Apparated us any closer? My feet were starting to hurt after walking in these heels so much.” Ginny was growing impatient.

“No you most certainly may not take that blindfold off!” Hermione said slapping Ginny’s hand away from pulling it off of her eyes. “Am I going to have to bind your hands behind your back?”

Like a child who had been severely scolded, Ginny pouted, “No…”

“Fine, but if you try that again, I won’t hesitate doing it. Do you understand?” Hermione fussed.

Ginny slowly muttered, “Yes.”

“And no, for your information, I couldn’t have Apparated us any closer. You know how it is; we’ve got to be careful not to draw attention to us.” Hermione said, looking around.

“Ah…so we’re in a heavily populated muggle location, are we? Hmm… well for heaven’s sake, would you hurry it up? I hate not knowing where I am.”

“Oh…just hang on another minute or so.”

Hermione quickly ran about doing a few things and shushed a couple of people that were standing near the two girls. Whispering, she said, “Would you get out of here? You shouldn’t be here now.”

Everything grew quiet and Hermione turned back to Ginny. “Ok, now we can take the blindfold off.” She walked behind Ginny to untie it and slowly lifted the blindfold from her eyes.

Ginny blinked a few times trying to focus her eyes on where she was. Finally, everything started coming into view and suddenly her breath caught. Hermione had not taken her to a restaurant as she’d said. She’d Apparated them to Hogwarts. That’s why they had to walk so much.

Now, they were standing in front of the black lake, next to a very memorable tree, which had been lit with hundreds of tiny shimmering lights. To the left of the tree was a small table covered with a long white clothe, and two chairs that were seated next to it. Her attention was drawn in by two candles, sitting in the center of the table, that were surrounded by scattered red rose petals.

Not only were there lights in the tree, but there were also lights that surrounded the area, enclosing it intimately. Someone had also placed lily pads all along the waters of the lake. Everything was absolutely amazing.

Ginny began to tear up again. “What… is all of this? I thought you said we were going to a restaurant?”

“Well… it was just a teensy lie. Besides, this is much better. Oh… and your dinner guest should be arriving shortly. At any rate, I’ve got to run. Things to attend to, you know.” Hermione gave Ginny a hug and then grinned widely at her. “Have a wonderful time.”

Ginny turned to stop her from leaving, but as she did Ron suddenly appeared. He was in a stylish black dress robe and as he approached her, he offered his arm. “Table for two, Miss?”

“What are you doing here? I thought you were out with…” Everything was starting to make sense; at least, she thought she had an idea of what might be coming. “Ron, you tell me what is going on right now.”

“I apologize, Miss. By request of your dinner guest, I was asked to seat you and say nothing more. May I?” Ron said as he extended his arm to her, again.

“Fine, I’ll play along.” Ginny took Ron’s arm as he escorted her down a lit path towards the table.

He pulled out a chair for Ginny and continued, “Your dinner guest will be along momentarily, Miss. Enjoy the evening.” She watched Ron, with a confused look on her face, as he walked away.

Turning back to face the table again, she absentmindedly picked up one of the rose petals and began playing with it. She heard a small rustling to her left that caught her attention. Through a light mist that seemed to surround the lake, she noticed a figure walking towards her.

Ginny braced herself as the figure came closer, trying to focus on who was approaching. Her heart began to beat faster, and suddenly, the figure could be clearly seen. It was Harry.

Ginny’s heart leapt up into her throat and he could see her chest rising and falling with each heavy breath.

Harry neared the table and stopped just short of reaching her. “Hi…” was all he could say.

She tried to act casual, “Hi.”

Neither one of them moved for a moment; both were too stunned by each other to do so. Ginny couldn’t help but admire how handsome he looked in his dress robes. As her heartbeat quickened, she thought she might melt in her chair.

After a long period of silence, Harry seemed to find words again. “You’re a sight for sore eyes,” he said, carefully noticing each detail of Ginny. Every curve, every freckle, every ounce of her was intoxicating.

Another moment passed and suddenly he didn’t want to disagree with her any longer. “I’m sorry, Gin-“

Before she knew it, she leapt out of the chair and ran into his arms. “Oh… Harry! Harry…I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have let my temper get the best of me. I shouldn’t have run out on you.” Her tears were becoming even harder to fight back now.

Pulling back from their embrace, he reached a hand up to caress her face. “No, no, it wasn’t your fault. I shouldn’t have tried to tell you what I thought you should and shouldn’t do. I had no right to tell you to give something up that you want to do. I should’ve stopped you from leaving my flat that day. I’m so sorry, Gin.”

Harry kissed away a single tear that had fallen down her cheek, letting his lips gently grace her skin. Opening his eyes, he looked down at her with so much want that he was finding it hard to control himself, but he had plans that he wanted to follow through with. One kiss ought to be ok, right? Harry thought.

He let his thumb trace her soft lips just before his mouth found hers. It was tender and sweet at first, but he moaned as her tongue opened his lips to find his. Their passion was overwhelming, it always had been.

Somehow, Harry managed to stop them both. Parting from her inviting lips, he said, “I’ve got other plans for the evening. Let’s not jump into things too soon. Okay?”

Dazedly, Ginny answered back with a lazy smile, “Well, if you must.”

“Yes, I must. So, let me have a good look at you.” Ginny stepped back, still holding on to Harry’s hand. He twirled her around slowly, taking in all of her. “Well, I must say, Hemione and I did a wonderful job, didn’t we?”

“What do you mean you and Hermione?” Ginny asked with a small grin forming at the corner of her mouth. “Hermione got all of this for me. Isn’t she just wonderful?” She knew exactly what was going on in his mind, but decided to go along with things. Two could play this game.

“My love, you are mistaken. Actually, Hermione helped me pick out everything. When she spotted this dress in the store, I couldn’t believe what luck we’d had. We both knew it would look bloody amazing on you, and how right we were.”

He took another long look at Ginny. Merlin, she is beautiful, Harry thought. The dress that Hermione had found was a long, slender silver dress that was decorated with sequins from top to bottom; its thin straps daintily hung on her shoulders, while each sequin caught the light surrounding her, making her glow.

Harry’s eyes followed Ginny’s curvaceous form and he noticed the long slit, in the dress, which stopped just above her knee. He smiled as looked back into her eyes again. “Yes, absolutely amazing… no doubt.”

Ginny grinned back at the silly expression that was painted on Harry’s face. Pushing herself up slightly, she kissed his cheek, lingering for a moment. Her face became serious again, “Thank you. Thank you for … everything, Harry. The dress and Merlin, the jewelry; you really know how to take a girl’s breath away. It’s all just way too much.”

“Gin, nothing is too much for you. Listen, let’s just sit down, have a nice dinner and enjoy being with each other. These past few days, without you, have been excruciating.”

Ginny smiled approvingly, letting him guide her back to her seat and sit down just across from her.

Startling Ginny a little, Ron reappeared by their table. “Dinner is served,” he said, with one arm bent in front of him, a white clothe hanging from it. Ginny just gave him a funny look, waiting for him to sit her food down. When he didn’t, she started to fire back with a smart comment, but up walked Dobby. Ginny quickly shot Harry a sharp look that had every bit of “you’re in big trouble” written all over it.

Dobby sat down the food, with slight clumsiness, greeting both Harry and Ginny with a wide grin. “Dobby is most grateful to help Harry Potter with his plans. Dobby had some of the other house elves help prepare the food for Harry Potter, who has always been so kind to Dobby.”

“Thank you for all of your help, Dobby. You didn’t have to go to all of this trouble,” said Harry, with a smile.

“Oh, it was no trouble for Dobby, sir. It was Dobby’s pleasure to help Harry Potter. Is there anything else Dobby can do for Harry Potter, sir?”

Harry was trying to shorten their conversation with Dobby so that they could continue on with their evening. “No, Dobby. I think that is all. Thank you again, and send my thanks to the other house elves as well.”

Ginny smiled brightly, “Yes, thank you Dobby.”

Thinking that Dobby would just walk away, they both turned to their delectable meal and started to eat, when Harry noticed him just staring at them with big eyes. Harry guessed Dobby was waiting to hear whether he approved of the meal or not. Taking a bite, Harry said, “Dobby, this is absolutely delicious. It’s positively wonderful.”

Grinning widely again, he spoke with an almost broken voice. “Dobby is pleased that Harry Potter enjoys the meal that Dobby and the other house elves have prepared. Dobby is very pleased.”

He was beginning to get a little irritated now, because it seemed that Dobby didn’t want to give them a moment’s peace. Harry smiled through gritted teeth and quickly glanced over at Ron, attempting to get his attention to remove Dobby.

Ron, thankfully, caught on and promptly walked over to help. “Dobby, I think that Harry and Ginny are ok. Let’s go back to the kitchen and thank the other house elves together.”

“Oh, yes, Ron Weasley.” Dobby turned back as he and Ron began to walk away. “Dobby hopes that Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley has wonderful plans this evening.” On that note, Ron sped Dobby up more, as they walked back to the castle.

Looking back at each other, Harry and Ginny burst into laughter.

“Does Hermione know that you enlisted Dobby’s… help?” Ginny said, still laughing.

“No, and she’s not going to find out. If she did, I’d get the whole SPEW lecture all over again.”

“It’s S.P.E.W. And who says I won’t turn you in?” she said raising an eyebrow.

Harry grinned cheekily. “You won’t because I’m too nice to you. And…you love me.” He leaned over and kissed Ginny, making her blush.

Sighing, “Well, you may have a point. But, it would be absolutely hilarious to see Hermione get all worked up about it again. I guess I can let sleeping dogs lie.” Ginny took a bite of her food and swallowed slowly, savoring the taste. “Besides, I’m sure that if she knew that I had eaten the food that they have prepared, I’d never hear the end of it either.”

They both broke into laughter again, and Harry knew, then, that tonight was exactly the right time.

------------------------


All throughout dinner, they couldn’t stop staring at one another. They idly chatted about what had been going on in the past few days, what they had been up to, all the while avoiding the topic that had caused the prior argument.

Once they’d both finished eating, Harry looked at Ginny intently.

“You look quite serious. Is something the matter?” said Ginny, worrying a little.

He frowned at his thoughts, “No…no. It’s just…I’ve been thinking…about something.”

“Uh huh” she said nodding her head slowly “…and are you going to share it with me?”

Breathing deeply, Harry began, “I know that neither one of us want to start fighting again, but I think that it’s important that we talk about what we had the disagreement on.”

Ginny sat up straight in her chair, stiffening a little.

“Now, don’t go getting upset. I didn’t bring this up to cause more tension between us.” With a sigh, he continued, “I brought it up to say… that if you want to be an auror, then… I’m…I’m ok with it.”

Ginny’s expression changed quickly from rigid to astonished. She never expected him to give up on keeping her from becoming an auror. “Really? You’re actually…ok with it?”

Harry reached across to hold Ginny’s hand that had been resting on the table. “Ginny, I want you to know that I want nothing more than for you to live a happy life. And if becoming an auror is going to make you happy, then I’m just happy knowing you are,” said Harry. He smiled weakly, “just because I want to be there to be able to protect you, doesn’t mean that I don’t think that you can take care of yourself. I know that you can. I just…I love you so much and I’ll do everything in my power to be able to keep you safe, keep you here, with me.”

Ginny couldn’t say anything. All she could do was stare at Harry.

“Gin, are you ok?”

Shaking herself from the trance she was in, Ginny’s eyes lit up as a smile grew on her face. She stood up and walked over to Harry, taking the hand that had been holding hers. Pulling him up, she led him to a small clearing next to their table.

She turned around to face him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Ginny looked up at Harry, saying, “give us some music, please.”

Harry let out a small chuckle as he pulled out his wand and flicked it up to the sky. A sweet tune filled the air and he saw Ginny smile as she listened to the words. …when you say you love me, the world goes still, so still inside and when you say you love me, for a moment there’s no one else alive…

Harry took her hand and placed it in his, as she brought her other hand up to rest on his shoulder. They danced as the song continued playing above them.

Ginny laid her head against Harry’s chest and spoke softly, “Harry, it makes me so happy that you are ok with me being an auror. I really want to do this, but I want to do it with your full support. I didn’t want us to go on like we had the past few days. It was tearing my heart into pieces, not being with you.”

Harry smiled inwardly and perhaps a little outwardly. This was it, the moment he’d been waiting for.

As the music continued playing, Harry stopped their dance and walked over to a small stone bench that sat on the bank of the lake.

…and this journey that we’re on, how far we’ve come…when you say you love me, that’s all you have to say, I’ll always feel this way…when you say you love me, do you know how I love you?…

He pointed to the bench, silently asking her to have a seat. Ginny sat down and looked at Harry with a slightly puzzled expression, as he sat down next to her.

“You know, I was actually rather enjoying that dance. Why did you cut it short?”

Another song started playing, this time it was violins that were heard.

Harry looked down and began to fumble with his own hands, as he couldn’t stop wringing them. He had suddenly become very nervous. He was doing ok earlier, a few butterflies maybe, but this nervousness hit him like a ton of bricks.

He sucked in a sharp breath, but spoke gently, “Gin, I’ve been thinking about something for a really long time and it’s important, so hear me out, ok?”

She nodded and he continued on, “For so many years, we were just friends. I had always thought of you as Ron’s little sister. But, it took me a good deal of time to really see you and who you are. When I finally realized what an amazing person you are, without thinking of you as just my best mate’s little sister, it really opened my eyes. I never knew that I could feel this way about someone, but you showed me, more than anyone else, what true love really is, and I haven’t had that in…in a very long time.” Harry choked on his last words as he thought of his parents. How they’d given their lives for him, because they loved him. He recalled how much they loved each other; how his dad did everything he could to keep anything from happening to him and his mum. Harry was having a hard time getting back on track after these thoughts flooded his mind.

Ginny reached up and gently caressed his cheek, then ran her fingers through his hair. She relished in the feeling every time. Nodding, she let him know that it was ok to keep going.

Harry gathered his courage again and continued. “Gin, what I’m trying to say is that…I don’t know where I would be without you in my life. The past four years, being away from you, were the hardest that I’ve ever been through. I thought that I could keep you safe by ending things with us before I left. I just ended up pushing us further apart. And that’s never what I wanted to do.

“These last few months with you have been more than I could ever ask for. You’ve saved me in so many ways; for that alone, I owe you my life.”

Ginny was breathing rather hard now; her chest rising and falling heavily. She couldn’t believe that Harry was being so open with her. What’s brought this on? she thought.

Harry swallowed roughly and dropped to one knee in front of her. He searched through his pocket, trying to find something. As he pulled it out, he looked deeply into her beautiful brown eyes. Suddenly, a calm came over him, ridding him of all of his nervousness.

“I think I’ve always known that I love you. Deep inside, it was always there. Every time you look at me, my heart beats faster, and my chest tightens. It’s overwhelming but at the same time, it’s absolutely wonderful. What I’m trying to get at is…my heart has and always will be yours. I love you more than my own life. And if you’ll let me, I want spend every waking moment of my life showing you just how much I love you. Ginny Weasley, will you stay with me for all time? Will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive?”

Harry slowly opened a small box that he’d been holding in his hand, revealing a gorgeous diamond ring.

Ginny was speechless. She couldn’t believe that he was proposing to her. Right now, all that was running through her head was, OH…MY…MERLIN! She’d wanted him for so long, and here he was, giving her all of his love, all of him. The tears that she’d been holding back all night were now flowing down her cheeks. Now that she had started crying, she couldn’t stop.

Harry was becoming a little worried. He didn’t expect Ginny to start crying. “Gin? …Ginny? I’m sorry, I’ll just…erm…” He started to get up but she finally managed to say something.

“No… don’t go. They’re happy tears, I promise,” she said, smiling through her tear-filled eyes.

“They are? Then does that mean…?”

Ginny nodded, “Yes. Yes, Harry James Potter, I will marry you.”

Harry’s face filled with brilliant smile that Ginny had never seen before. “Yes? YES? YESSSSS!!!!! SHE SAID YES!!” He exclaimed, jumping up and pulling Ginny into his arms. He swung her around madly, twirling her until she was too dizzy to think straight.

She laughed heartily and Harry, unexpectedly, snogged her beyond comprehension. As they broke apart, Ginny spoke, “Harry, you might want to put me down before I become so dizzy that I get sick.”

“Oh, right!” said Harry as he stood her back firmly on the ground, holding her steady as she regained her balance. “OH! I almost forgot.”

Harry pulled the ring out of the small velvet box and took Ginny’s hand to slip it on to her finger. A perfect fit.

She smiled again and looked at him adoringly. “Oh, Harry, it’s absolutely beautiful.”

“It doesn’t come close to your beauty, Gin.” he said with all honesty.

She blushed furiously, “Do you know how much I love you?”

“Erm…no, I don’t think so. Care to share?” Harry said cheekily.

Ginny glared at him and raised her brow. “Oh, you think you’re so funny.” She tried to get back on track; she really wanted Harry to know how much he means to her. “Harry, I do love you with all of me, every single fiber. I just want you to understand that the feelings that I have for you are like no other. I’ve never had someone who knows me and loves me like you do.” She started to cry again.

“Gin, it’s ok, you don’t have to say anything-“

“Yes, I do. It’s important to me that you understand how much I love you… how much I need you… how much I desperately want you. I wouldn’t even be here today, if it wasn’t for you. Something within me, those many years ago, told me that you were worth everything that I had to give, and… ever since that first day that I laid my eyes on you, I’ve loved you. You’ve always been what I’ve wanted, you always will be.”

Harry’s heart filled with so much pride to know that Ginny’s feelings for him were just as unexplainable as his feelings towards her. Sweeping her into his arms, Harry spoke softly, “thank you for telling me that. It means more than you know.”

They both smiled at each other and kissed longingly.

“I can’t wait until the day that I become your wife, Harry.”

“Well, we can get married whenever you like, love.”

“Good, because I’d like to make it sooner, rather than later.” Ginny smiled again, kissing him once more, never wanting to let go.

-----------------------------


Ginny awoke in her warm bed, to the tune of birds chirping outside of her window. She felt giddy and then remembered why she felt that way. It almost seemed surreal. She frowned a little, surely it wasn’t a dream, oh please don’t let it have just been a dream.

She began to stir, about to jump out of bed and Apparate to Harry’s to find out. But, as she started to pull back her covers, she noticed that something was shining brightly. It was the ring that he’d given to her. It wasn’t a dream. It really did happen. I’m marrying Harry Potter… I’ll be Ginny Potter.

At that moment, realization sank in, and the smile that kept appearing on her face last night, suddenly became permanently attached. I am the luckiest girl in the world, Ginny thought, as she got dressed. She was going to Harry’s flat to spend the day with him. Then they were going to have dinner with her family tonight and share their wonderful news with them.

This was all more wonderful than she could have ever imagined it would be.