Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Coming Home by belladonna_tb

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
6 months later:

“Out, out, OUT!” yelled Ginny as she slammed the bedroom door.

Harry stood, with a baffled look, at the door that was now two inches from his face.

“But, Gin…what did I do? I only said that dinner was fine. Dinner was… good, in fact.” He stared on for a moment more until he suddenly heard her footsteps near.

Harry smiled as she opened the door but it quickly faded away as he saw her expression. He flinched for a moment and saw a look worthy of Mrs. Weasley; pure anger was written all over her face. He opened his mouth to say something in his defense but Ginny prevented that.

She hurled a pillow and blanket at him and said with a clenched jaw, “SOFA!” and slammed the door again.

Harry sighed and shook his head as he trudged down the stairs towards their sitting room. He groaned as he looked pitifully at the sofa that he would be spending the night on. It was rather small; so small that with him lying down, his feet hung over the arm. Normally he would just make it bigger by casting an Engorgio spell, but seeing that his wand was still upstairs in the bedroom, he blew off that idea; he wasn’t about to venture back up there to try and get it.

Harry tossed and turned trying to make the sofa as comfortable as possible but he wasn’t having any luck. Finally giving in, he lay there staring at the ceiling.

What did I do? I don’t get it, Harry sighed. He was frustrated with his current predicament. It wasn’t until half an hour later that he was able to drift off to sleep.

Somewhere around 1:00 a.m., Ginny quietly opened the bedroom door and crept downstairs. Tiptoeing over to the sofa, she watched Harry as he slept quite uncomfortably. She sighed and hung her head, upset at her temper and the way she had treated him earlier.

I don’t understand; what’s the matter with me? He didn’t even do anything wrong, the poor thing.

With a flick of her wand, she whispered “Engorgio”, making the sofa large enough for two people to sleep comfortably. She quietly sat down on the edge, desperately trying not to make any noise. Reaching up to his face, she let her hand gently caress his cheek and then move upwards to run her fingers through his hair.

Harry only stirred a little but muttered something under his breath. “Gin…’m sorry.”

Her heart broke as she heard him speak. “Oh…Harry!” she said as she buried her head in his chest.

“Oof,” he jolted, finally waking up. The scent of wildflowers and an ocean of red hair consumed him.

“Gin? What’s wrong?” he asked groggily.

“Harry, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what’s come over me. I shouldn’t have pushed you out of the room.”

Harry sat up and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. “Shh, shh. It’s all right.” He stroked her hair and she began to calm down.

“You don’t have to worry about anything, Gin. Everything is fine. We’re here now, in each other’s arms; that’s all that matters.”

With a quivering lip, she asked, “Are you sure? I mean…I was such a stupid git for doing that to you.”

Harry pulled back from her, holding her head in both of his hands. For a long moment, he looked into her deep brown eyes and tried to calm her as much as he could.

“You are not a stupid git. You are the most beautiful woman that I will ever meet.” He leaned forward and kissed her with intensity. He smiled against her lips as he felt her melt in his arms.

“There; better now, right?” he said as she slipped her head down to the crook of his neck.

She inhaled the scent of him all around her. Harry always smelled like fresh air and wood. After years of Quidditch, it was no surprise that he did.

“Mhmm,” she muttered.

“Good. Now, how about we go upstairs so that we can both get a good night’s rest?”

She whimpered in response to his suggestion.

“No?” he frowned.

“Can we just stay here, Harry? I just want you to hold me,” she said as she looked up into his eyes.

“Honey, we can do whatever you want. I just didn’t want you to be uncomfortable. This sofa isn’t the greatest for sleeping, especially since it’s so-…hey, what happened to the sofa?” Harry didn’t notice until now that it wasn’t small any more.

Ginny blushed, “I couldn’t bare you sleeping on that small thing; plus I had every intention of curling up next to you.”

Harry smiled warmly at her. “Come here then,” he said as he patted the sofa next to him and moved over.

“On your back, Potter,” she said with a brazen tone.

He grinned and did as she said. Harry watched her climb onto the sofa and drape her body over him. She snuggled close to him, resting her head on his chest and intertwining their legs. He stroked her hair as she hummed softly and within ten minutes, they were both asleep.

--------------------------------


Two Weeks Later

“Ha! Checkmate!” Ron grinned across the table at Harry.

“I should’ve known you’d win. You always do.” Harry chuckled as he glanced over to see Ginny and Hermione in the sitting room, chatting busily.

Ron hadn’t noticed Harry looking their way. “So, you up for another game?”

Harry turned back around to Ron and shook the thoughts from his head. “Er… yeah, I guess. I mean we both know you’re just going to kick my arse again.”

“You’re probably right about that, but at least you put up a good fight.”

They began the next round and Harry was already losing miserably; Ron was barely even trying.

“Well, you did put up a good fight before. What’s got your mind so preoccupied?” he said observing his mate’s focused gaze not on the game but on Ginny.

“Er…oh, it’s nothing.”

“Harry, don’t try to tell me it’s nothing. My queen clobbered you after only five minutes into the game. Now tell me, what’s going on? You and Ginny having problems already? You know, Mum will kill you, not too mention all of us Weasley men. We don’t take it too well if someone hurts our baby sister.”

“Huh? What? No! We aren’t having any problems. Well…not really.”

“Yeah, I believe that. Now, are you going to spill it or am I going to have to force it out of you?” Ron had very little patience and right now Harry was really putting it to the test.

Harry focused his attention back on Ron.

“Ron, does Hermione…you know…become moody often?”

A little confused at first, Ron didn’t answer. Instead, he stared at Harry for a moment and then finally woke from his stupor.

“Harry, you’ve known Hermione just as long as I have. She’s moody all the time. What’s all this about? I thought we were talking about you and Ginny?”

Sighing heavily, he said, “We are. I’m just trying to make a point.” Harry paused before continuing, “Ginny’s been acting a bit… odd lately.”

“Odd?” Ron asked with a puzzled look.

“Yeah…like two weeks ago, we were getting ready for bed and-”

“Whoa…Harry, I really don’t need to hear about this. For heaven’s sake, you’re talking about my sister!”

“Oh shut up, Ron. That’s not what I’m talking about,” he said. “Anyway, we went into the bedroom and we were just talking like normal when she asked me what I thought about the dinner she’d made. I told her that it was fine.”

Ron’s eyes grew big, “Ooohh! Big mistake right there. Never tell a woman that anything is just fine.”

“Yeah, well, I realized that only a little too late. Then I tried to make things better, so I said, ‘dinner was good.’”

Harry saw Ron shudder at what he’d just said. “What?”

“Let me guess. She kicked you out and you had to sleep on the sofa, didn’t you?”

Surprised at the fact that Ron knew exactly what happened, he stammered, “Y-yeah. How did you know?”

Ron shook his head at Harry. “After my first couple of screw ups with Hermione, I learned to keep my mouth shut. She kicked me out to the sofa every time I made her angry, too. It’s amazing, the powers that they hold over us.” Ron stopped after thinking about what he’d just admitted and spoke quickly trying to cover his tracks. “But don’t you dare tell Hermione that I said that. If she knew, my life would be miserable for the rest of my days.”

Harry chuckled at his best mate. “No worries Ron. I won’t tell her.”

“So,” he picked back up. “How long did it take Ginny to finally let you back in?”

“That’s just it,” said Harry in a whisper. Even though he and Ron were in the dining room, it wouldn’t take much for Hermione and Ginny to hear their conversation.

“That same night that she kicked me out, she came downstairs and started crying and saying that she shouldn’t have done that to me.” He raised his brow, “And then, she said that she didn’t know what had come over her. I’m telling you, this just isn’t normal. Ginny didn’t used to be like this.”

“Well mate,” said Ron, sympathizing with him, “things do change once you get married.”

“No…she didn’t even do this after we got married. It didn’t start until a few weeks ago. It was completely out of the blue.” Harry paused before speaking again. “I don’t think she’s feeling well. I think she needs to go see a Healer.”

Ron was confused now, “See a Healer over mood swings?”

“It’s not just that. There were a couple of times this week when I woke up and she was already in the loo. It sounded like she was sick. So, I knocked on the door and asked her if everything was all right. She said things were just fine; that she thought she had just had some bad food.”

Ron frowned. “That is a bit odd.” He shrugged it away though. “I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about. Ginny rarely gets sick.”

Falsely agreeing with him, Harry nodded slightly. “Maybe you’re right.”

------------------------------------


“That is a lovely dress, Hermione,” said Ginny as she admired Hermione’s gift from Ron.

“Thanks. Ron got it for me when we were shopping in Diagon Alley a few days ago. I’m telling you, I’ve got him wrapped around my finger,” she said, holding up her pinky finger.

“So, he wised up after you kicked him out of the bedroom a few times, aye?”

She chuckled, “yeah. He’s caught on quicker than I thought he would have. You know how thick-headed your brother can be.”

Ginny gave a small smile and sat quietly; she glanced in Harry’s direction every once in a while. He and Ron had been playing wizard’s chess for the past half hour, while she and Hermione were idly chatting.

Hermione took note that Ginny had gone quiet, “something the matter?”

“Huh?” she said as she moved her attention away from them. “Why do you ask?”

“You just seem a little quiet today, that’s all. And to be perfectly honest, you look a little pale.” Hermione frowned as she observed Ginny closely.

“Oh, I’m fine; nothing to worry about. I’ve just been a little sick this week. I think I got some bad food the other day.”

“Are you sure that’s all it is?”

Ginny hung her head and drew a deep breath. “I hope that’s all it is…but I’m not sure. Did I tell you that a couple of weeks ago I kicked Harry out of the bedroom?”

Thrown by her change in topics, Hermione looked at her confused and shook her head.

“Yeah, well, I got upset because he told me that dinner was fine, so I kicked him out.”

She was impressed, “Wow, I’ve never kicked Ron out for anything that small, unless, of course, I worked really hard on that particular meal.”

“Exactly; it wasn’t anything special, just a normal dinner but I got upset all the same.”

“Having some mood swings are we?” Hermione teased.

“Tell me about it, because not even two hours later, I was downstairs crying in his arms, apologizing for treating him like that.” She looked up with misty eyes, “Hermione, I don’t know what has come over me. I’m a little worried but I don’t want to alert Harry because he’ll become frantic.”

Hermione was a more than a little concerned at this news. “Ginny have you gone to see a nurse or a Healer at St. Mungo’s yet?”

“I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.”

“I think it is. As a matter of fact, the more I think about it, the mood swings and sickness…is it in the mornings that you get sick?”

“Usually, yeah…but what’s that got to…” she looked at Hermione who now had wide eyes, like she was trying to give her an unclear hint. “What?”

“Honestly Ginny, are you really that clueless as to what might be wrong with you?” Ginny was looking at her confused as ever.

“Don’t you think you might be…you know…pregnant?” she whispered so that Ron and Harry wouldn’t be able to hear them.

Her eyes went wide with fright, “No! I can’t be …. I’m taking the potion. I have been since before we got married.”

“You sure that you haven’t missed taking it once or twice?” Hermione asked.

She was looking quite worried now, “I don’t think so.” Ginny was trying to remember but with this thought plaguing her mind, she was having trouble concentrating. “I can’t remember, but I really don’t think I’ve missed taking it.”

“Well, you never know. I really think you ought to make an appointment at St. Mungo’s.”

“Surely I can’t be…you know.” She looked a little worried at the thought that she might be pregnant.

“Is it so bad that you might be a Mum?” asked Hermione.

Ginny thought about her mother having to put up with all of those boys and how she was always raving mad at them for one reason or another. She seemed like she never got much rest with all of them up to their eyeballs in antics.

She whimpered and Hermione instantly knew what she was thinking about.

“Just because your Mum had a small litter of her own, doesn’t mean that you will, unless you want that many kids. But it also doesn’t mean that you will have the same problems raising yours as she did. Besides…having a baby will bring so much more joy to your life, even more than you already have… or so I’ve heard.”

Harry and Ginny had talked about having kids one day and she knew that he was willing to wait as long as she needed to, until she was ready. She also remembered that when they started talking about it, his face lit up with pride and joy at the fact of having a little bundle of their own. Ginny had to admit, she really wouldn’t mind having a baby; she just never thought that it would be this soon after they’d gotten married.

“It would be nice, wouldn’t it?” she asked, finally coming around to the idea.

Hermione nodded with a smile on her face.

“Maybe I should make an appointment next week.” She thought a moment more, “Hermione?”

“Yeah?”

“Would you mind going with me? I just don’t know how I’ll take it, when they tell me that I am…or that I’m not.” Ginny had already started to warm up to the idea that she might be pregnant and she was dreading how she might react if they suddenly told her that she wasn’t pregnant.

With an understanding smile, Hermione said, “Of course I’ll go if you want me to. But don’t want Harry with you instead?”

“Not yet. I want to be certain that I am pregnant before I say anything about this to him. I don’t want to get his hopes up if I’m not,” she said as she looked over at him and he smiled back at her mouthing, “I love you.” She smiled in response and did the same.

“You don’t want to get his hopes up…much like yours are now?”

She sighed deeply, “I couldn’t bare his disappointment if I’m not.” Ginny looked back at her with a sad smile.

“Well, let’s not think that way then. You just owl them tomorrow and get an appointment for next week and then tell me when. We’ll tell Ron and Harry that we are going out for lunch and shopping so that they won’t suspect anything.”

Ginny nodded in agreement as she desperately tried to steer her thoughts away from the matter at hand.

-------------------------------


“Calm down Ginny. It’ll be all right,” came Hermione’s voice from the fireplace. The image of her face was bouncing around the flames in front of Ginny.

“How is it going to be all right? I don’t know what I’m going to do.” She broke into tears as she knelt in front of the fireplace talking to her best mate.

Hermione rolled her eyes, “Ginny, this isn’t the end of the world. Honestly, you’d think that bursting into tears would be the last thing that you’d be doing right now.”

“I can’t help it! I’m an emotional wreck!” She cried as she wiped her tears away with the back of her hands.

Desperately trying to move her off of her crying bout, Hermione asked, “So, when will Harry be home?”

“Some time around 7:00 pm,” Ginny sniffled.

“Well, have you decided how you’re going to do it?” she said with a grin.

“Hermione, I don’t know if I can. I’m so wound up right now; I don’t know how I’m going to be able to control myself.” Ginny was so frantic with worry that she started to cry again.

“You’ll be fine. Listen to me,” she said trying to keep Ginny from bursting into sobs again. “Just do what we had talked about originally. Keep it comfortable and relaxed, nothing fancy or out of the ordinary or he’ll suspect something is wrong. OK?”

With a shuddering sigh, Ginny said, “OK.”

“I’d better go. Ron will be home shortly and if he sees me talking to you, he’ll ask me a million questions and I really don’t feel like coming up with another bogus story to tell him right now. Good luck sweetie; it’ll all be fine, I promise.”

With a small pop, Hermione was gone leaving Ginny with her thoughts again.

Two very nervous hours later, Ginny thought she might have a mental breakdown. She was never one to be nervous about anything. She was always a very collected and controlled person. Well, controlled sometimes; her temper did like to flare up a bit.

Ginny chuckled at her own thought. Her temper flared up a bit…yeah right. Her temper flared up quite often. There was no doubt that she took after her mother in that aspect of things.

The clock on the mantle chimed 7:00 and Ginny suddenly began fidgeting. This is insane, she thought. Just get a hold of yourself, you can do this.

She settled herself onto the sofa and tried to remain calm as she waited for Harry to come home. As she sat there, she noticed how sleepy she really was. She hadn’t slept very well last night; she’d even been up since dawn.

Fifteen minutes later, Harry still hadn’t made it in and Ginny’s eyes slowly closed, giving in to her wave of sleepiness.

---------------------------------


A small pop came from the hallway. Harry had finally made it home; however he was much later than he had originally told Ginny that he would be.

“Hey…I’m home. Sorry I’m so late,” he said as he put down his bag and took off his robe.

“Work was really crazy today. Tonks had a rough time with a case that she’d been working on, so I was asked to help her out. We didn’t get things finished up until a little while ago.”

Harry walked in to the kitchen and didn’t see her around. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of two small flickers of light and he turned to make his way to the dining room, where it was coming from.

“Merlin,” he said as he noticed that she had prepared a romantic meal for them. Two plates of food were still sitting on the table, both of them untouched.

Have I forgotten something? It’s not our anniversary and it’s not anyone’s birthday, Harry thought as he tried recalling anything else that he could have possibly missed. Whatever this is for, she’s going to kill me.

Harry saw that the candles must have been lit over an hour ago as the wax had melted far down the sides.

“Gin?” he called out. “Where are you, love?”

As he walked in to the sitting room, he found her curled up in one corner of the sofa, fast asleep. Her arms were lying on the armrest, using them as pillows, while her legs were slightly stretched out across the sofa’s span, next to her.

He sighed as he saw her napping there. He knew she’d been waiting for him to arrive home with obvious hopes of enjoying his company this evening.

“Gin?” he asked, lightly rubbing her shoulder, attempting to wake her up.

She whimpered softly, making Harry smile at the sound.

“Gin, love? Wake up.”

A frown formed on her face and she continued to keep her eyes closed tight. “Uh uh,” she mumbled and shifted her head trying to make herself more comfortable.

“Aren’t you hungry?” he asked.

She shook her head, still half asleep and not really caring about anything else at the moment.

Harry sighed with a sad smile. He truly hoped that when she did wake up, she wouldn’t be all that angry with him.

He bent down and put one arm around her back as he snaked the other arm under her knees and pulled her off the sofa into his embrace.

She shifted slightly, unconsciously wrapping her arms around his neck and laid her head on his shoulder as he took her up to bed.

-----------------------------------


Ginny woke the next day to the bright sunlight that spilled through the windows. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes, trying to clear them and recall exactly what had happened last night. The last thing that she remembered was that she was waiting on Harry to come home from work. She noticed, however, that somehow she had made her way upstairs to their bedroom.

She looked around and didn’t see Harry anywhere. Admittedly, she was quite worried. Did he even come home at all last night? Ginny thought.

Just then, her stomach started to growl. She remembered that she hadn’t eaten any dinner since she was waiting for him. She glanced over to the clock on the wall and noticed that it was 10 o’clock.

Merlin, I never sleep this late, she thought. Harry must’ve gotten home late last night and already left for work again. Ginny sighed in disappointment. She had planned a big evening for the two of them and she fell asleep before he’d even gotten there.

She felt miserable. All this meant was that now she would spend yet another day worried and nervous; she just knew that she’d never hear the end of it from Hermione. Ginny rolled her eyes at the thought of having to explain to her that she still hadn’t said anything to Harry.

All of a sudden, she heard something crash in the hallway, just behind the bedroom door. Ginny jumped, quickly sitting upright; she franticly searched for her wand but couldn’t find it anywhere near. She clung to the sheets wishing she had some form of protection.

Ginny watched as the door slowly opened and revealed Harry, backing through the door carrying a tray in hand. As he turned around, he noticed that she was awake and smiled brightly at her.

“Good morning, love. Did you sleep well?”

“Bloody hell, Harry. What was that?” she asked, still shocked from the crash that she’d heard.

“I love you too, darling,” he grinned cheekily.

“Harry-“ Ginny began to scold him for not answering her question.

“I accidentally dropped something that was on the tray.”

He sat it down on the edge of the bed and walked back towards the door to clean up the mess that he’d made. A flick of his wand later, Harry came back with flowers in hand.

“I meant to give these to you in a vase, alongside your breakfast, but seeing as how I’ve broken the vase…” he trailed off as he crawled onto the bed and kissed Ginny, tasting her sweet lips and feeling her warm breath against his skin.

He handed her the beautiful white lilies and turned to pull the tray near her.

“Hungry?”

She smiled at her husband and then looked at the heaping plate of food that he had prepared.

“I’m famished,” she said as she began to eat a piece of toast.

“Well, I’m not surprised; you didn’t have any dinner last night.”

Dinner, she thought, shoot. “Oh Harry, I’m so sorry. I wanted us to have a nice quiet evening and I fell asleep before you could ever make it home.” Tears started to well up in her eyes as disappointment fell across her face.

“Shh…” Harry said, trying to calm her. “ It’s ok. I’m the one who should be apologizing, not you. I didn’t get home until 9:00 last night and when I found you on the sofa, I hated to bother waking you up. You did appear to be very resistant to that though, even to eat. So, I just brought you up to bed.”

He caressed her cheek, wiping away a tear with his thumb. She reveled in his touch; it felt like it had been so long since they’d just spent the day in each other’s arms. He smiled at her as she closed her eyes and tilted her head into his hand.

“Now…” his voice broke through the sweet silence, “eat your breakfast. You’re starving, remember?”

She eyed him carefully and pulled the plate back toward her, smiling brightly.

“I’m going to jump in the shower while you eat.” Harry moved towards the loo when she called out to him.

“Wha rnt ooo af urk?” she mumbled with a mouth full of food.

“Very lady like, Gin,” he chuckled, seeing her stuff her mouth full again. “I owled them earlier this morning and told my boss that I was taking the rest of the week off to spend some time with my wife.”

Ginny dropped the bacon that was in her hand and swallowed the mouthful that she’d been chewing.

“Oh Harry…you didn’t have to do that.”

“I know that I didn’t have to, but I wanted to.” He flashed her a quick smile and made his way to the loo.

She watched him as he walked away and suddenly heard his voice again, “Eat,” and he closed the door.

Ten minutes later, Harry walked out of the loo rubbing his head furiously with a towel.

“Feel better now?” Ginny asked.

“Loads…you?” he asked nodding towards a now empty plate.

She sighed contentedly, “Uh huh. I was just about to take this downstairs,” she said, picking up the tray.

“Why don’t you let me take that,” Harry said as he grabbed her wrist.

“Oh, well aren’t we the gentleman?”

“Always, love. Always.”

She chuckled and grinned at Harry. “Ok, then…it’s my turn for a shower. I’ll be out shortly,” Ginny said as she kissed his cheek and walked away.

--------------------------------


Ginny finished her shower and walked into the bedroom. She grabbed her favorite pair of shorts and a camisole top that Harry loved and threw them on.

She looked around the room a little puzzled; Harry hadn’t made it back upstairs yet.

It doesn’t take you that long to put the tray in the kitchen and come back. She wondered what was going on, but decided that she’d wait for him to come back instead. The bed looked too inviting to pass up and all she really wanted to do was stay there for the rest of the day, right next to him.

She lay down on her side propping her head up on her left hand.

Harry walked in a minute later and saw her lying there with the sun shining across her vibrant red hair.

“My God…” he said, frozen in place. “You are so beautiful.”

He caught her by complete surprise with his words. It was amazing what he could do to her with such a simple thing. Her eyes welled up with tears again and she knew that now was the time to tell him.

“Harry…there’s something that I need to tell you,” Ginny choked on her tears.

“Is something wrong?” he asked, rushing over to her side.

She sat upright, “No…no, nothing’s wrong. It’s- it’s just something …important,” her nervousness had suddenly come back with full force.

“Ok. What is it that you want to tell me?”

She swallowed roughly, “Harry, do you remember a few months ago, when we talked about having a baby one day?”

“Yeah,” he nodded. “I said that we could have kids whenever you were ready.” He thought for a moment and raised his brow, “Why? Do you think that you are ready to start trying to have kids now?”

She let her head fall and whispered, “Yeah.”

His eyes lit up in excitement, but noticed how she was still trying to hide her face.

“Are you sure you’re ready? You don’t seem like you are,” Harry said, concerned.

She looked up with wide eyes, “No…I am, really. It’s …er… just that…erm…Merlin, I can’t do this.”

“Can’t do what, Gin?” Harry asked even more confused.

“I can’t break this to you slowly…I’m just going to get straight to the point, ok?”

Harry nodded his agreement.

“The other day when Hermione and I said that we were going out to lunch and then shopping in Diagon Alley, we didn’t really do any of it. …She went with me to St. Mungo’s.” Ginny breathed deeply trying to gain as much confidence as she could.

“St. Mungo’s?”

“I had an appointment…”

Harry’s brow furrowed even more; he really wasn’t putting any of this together.

“Harry…I’m pregnant,” Ginny said, closing her eyes.

When she didn’t hear him say anything, she peeked open one eye in hopes that he hadn’t passed out. Instead, he was sitting on the bed, stiff as a board with his mouth hanging open and eyes wide.

“For heaven’s sake, Harry, say something.”

He swallowed hard, “Something.”

Ginny rolled her eyes at him, “Very funny. You know what I mean.”

“You- You’re really…?”

She nodded slowly and bit her lip.

His gaping mouth finally closed as it turned into a mile wide grin. He leapt over towards her and pushed her back onto the bed, kissing her with such fierce desire.

When she was finally able to catch her breath, she looked at him with questioning eyes, “So, you’re not upset?”

“Upset?! How can I be upset?! I’ve never been happier in my entire life.”

“Well, hold that thought then… because you might still be upset by the time I finish.”

“What could I possibly be upset about, Gin?” Harry asked, not believing for one moment that anything could bring him off this high.

She took one more deep, steadying breath, “We’re having twins.”

A look of shock came across his face again, but it was quickly replaced with another proud smile.

“Merlin… I love you!”

She burst into laughter filled with tears, “You mean, you’re really ok with this?”

“Love, I’m more than ok with this. You’ve just made me the proudest father on-“ he stopped before completing his sentence.

“What? Oh…I knew you wouldn’t like this. What have I gotten us into?” Ginny covered her face.

“I’m- I’m going to be a Daddy! I’m going to be a Daddy!!” Harry exclaimed and leaned down to kiss her hands.

She slowly moved them away from her face only to be covered in kisses by Harry. Ginny giggled as he kissed her jaw line and worked his way down her neck to her collarbone, across her shoulders and down her arms.

He didn’t stop until he reached her stomach, staring at it for a moment. He looked back up at her face briefly and then back down again.

She looked at him perplexed, until she felt him wrap his arms around her hips. He kissed her belly, making her giggle softly and then rested his head just over her bellybutton.

His actions touched her more than any other could have as he pulled her nearer to him. She moved her legs and placed them in between his.

For the rest of the afternoon, they both laid there in one another’s embrace, her hair fanned out across the pillow as she ran her fingers, soothingly, through his; both of them perfectly happy that they would come to be new parents, very soon.




A/N: So….off you go…please REVIEW. I’d really like loads of feedback.
Thanks so much for all of you who are continuing on with this story and I hope you’ve enjoyed it.
So, click that little box below and leave me a review, please. THANKS! XD