Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

My Magical Romance by MrsDanRadcliffe27

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: It's only the beginning...
It was a glorious day, the blue sky dotted with little puffs of clouds just over the tall, scaling mountains. The air was still summery and warm, even though it was already September. The lake below was rippling slightly as the light breeze made the trees on the edge of the Forbidden Forest sway in rhythm. The students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry were with friends and were sitting at the edge of the lake, dipping their toes into the cool water. Among these students was Susan Whitmer, who was sitting with her friends Celia Linove and Luna Lovegood, who were also taking advantage of the warm weather.



Susan Whitmer had her back to the great, stone castle, its tall towers and breath-taking beauty the last thing on Susan’s mind.



Susan’s thoughts were elsewhere than the school, further away than her friends could reach. She was thinking of the boy that she had only ever loved, the boy that had taken her heart away with him the moment she saw in getting on the platform to the school that they belonged to throughout most of the year.



Luna and Celia were arguing about which Quidditch team was sure to win the cup, even though the season hadn’t even started for Quidditch. Celia was rooting for the Ravenclaw team, Luna going for the Gryffindor team. Susan was trying her best to ignore the two; she’d rather be having a reverie than hear them squabble again.



It was almost ironic that the students would even be calm and enjoying the end of the summer. They were starting their sixth year at Hogwarts and rumors of the end of the past year were spreading like wildfire, reaching everyone’s ears and then another’s. The only people that knew the truth about what happened at the Ministry of Magic were the ones that were there when the battle for life occurred. Susan was lucky, however, as Luna Lovegood had been there, and her story was the story that Susan and Celia believed.



Susan started to tap her quill to her parchment in frustration. She was trying to complete a complicated Potions essay that was due the next day, and was having trouble concentrating. Susan slammed her Potions book shut with a thwap and then stood up, Luna and Celia’s eyes on her.



“I’m going to the library to finish my essay,” Susan announced. She gathered her things and her bag and left the two girls to argue.



Inside the library was much quieter, but Susan yearned to be outside with the rest of the school, enjoying life and having fun. It was darker and drearier, but it was quiet, which was what Susan wanted.



Susan settled down at a table and opened her Potions book again, attempting to take another go at her essay. About thirty minutes later, Susan set down her essay, it finished and edited. She beamed proudly at the parchment, bending down to scribble her name in the corner. She had no other homework to do, so she retrieved her books, putting them carefully in her bag, and left the library for lunch.



On the way to the Great Hall, Susan saw him. She nearly dropped her bag in surprise, her heart racing at the speed of light, her cheeks flushing and her knees going weak, like every time that Susan saw him. She wanted to run the other direction, but her feet were firmly planted on the ground.



He was walking along with Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, his two best friends. They were all laughing at something he just said; a few people gazed in their direction, wondering what was so funny. Susan wanted to know what was funny also, wanting to be part of the threesome, but she knew that she couldn’t; they didn’t even know her. Well, Hermione knew her better than him and Ron combined, but it wasn’t enough to be part of their circle.



The threesome passed by her. Hermione gave her a small wave and a smile. It made Susan feel better, but not enough to get her fully happy.



It wasn’t like Susan was like this all the time; she did have a boyfriend and had many friends. Plus, she loved school and magic. Her boyfriend, Roger Davies, the Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain, was sweet and nice, and also a Seventh Year at that. Roger was handsome, holding Susan’s hand at any given moment. Susan enjoyed dating him and being in public with him, but he wasn’t everything that Susan wanted. What she wanted, Susan didn’t know. All that she knew was that she wanted Harry Potter.