Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Battle to the End by lisa_lovegood

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: So here it is! The LONG awaited wedding!
DISCLAIMER: You should get the picture by now, I don’t own anything; it isn’t mine.


Chapter five- You belong to me

Harry was warm under his blankets. He made sure he did not move a muscle, as he was not sure how much it was going to hurt and he wanted to savour this calm moment. Once he and Ginny had got back to The Burrow, they where brought into a bone crushing hug from Molly and Hermione respectively and then all cuts healed. Harry’s side had been killing him all evening but he didn’t complain. Now he was wishing he had got it looked at, as he got the feeling it was going to hurt like hell. After a while, Harry noticed he couldn’t hear Ron’s usual snores. He opened one eye lid and looked over at his friend’s bed, which he found to be empty.

Harry squeezed his eyes shut again and gently lifted himself into a sitting position. He had to bite down on his bottom lip to stop himself from making any noise. Once he was steady, Harry looked over at the clock, it was half past nine. He slowly swung his legs over the bed and stood up. His whole right hand side of his torso, below his ribs felt like it had been hit over and over with bricks and wood, which, when yesterday’s attack came vividly back into his mind, it had.

He very slowly got dressed and stumbled down the stairs. In there was Ginny drinking from a purple mug, in her own little world, completely oblivious to the world around her. Harry stopped and watched her for a second, but then realised what he was doing and walked into the kitchen. She nearly fell of her chair when he walked past her and started making himself breakfast.

“Hey, you okay?” asked Harry.

“Yeah, I’m good, you?” she said.

“I’m fine.”

Harry sat down and ate some toast. Suddenly, something grey and feathery flew through the open window, making them both start. It landed on the table with a paper in its beak and a little leather pouch tied to its leg. They just stared at it for a few seconds, both knowing what bad news it would bring. Ginny slowly got up and placed a knut from the small pot on the counter in the owls pouch, and took the paper from it. She placed it on the table in front of them still rolled up, and sat down again.

“Do you want to do the honours or should I?” asked Harry quietly.

“I don’t want to look,” she whispered.

Harry picked the newspaper and unrolled it. In front was a picture of Diagon Ally in total ruins. The headline screamed Disaster and Destruction in Diagon Ally! The first paragraph was all Harry had to read before slamming his fist down.

“What? What does it say?”

“No Death Eaters caught, thirty one deaths and who knows how many injured,” said Harry through gritted teeth.

She opened her mouth to say something but then, when apparently the gift of speech wasn’t coming to her, she closed it again.

They sat in silence for a while, until Harry decided to finally break it.

“Where’s everyone?" He always had to ask, as he found it hard to keep track of everyone.

"I think Ron and Hermione and Charlie are helping mum upstairs with something or other to do with the wedding…Phlegm is probably somewhere shopping…the twins are back in Diagon Alley helping with repairs, Bill and dad are at work," said Ginny.

Harry stood to put his mug in the sink, but when he turned, his right side let out a horrible throb, causing his knees to buckle. He grimaced and caught hold of the counter. Ginny, on seeing this, stood up and sat Harry back on the chair.

“What’s up?” she asked managing to look suspicious and worried at the same time.

“Look, its nothing-”

“Nothing my foot, now lift up your top and let me see,” she sounded deadly serious.

Harry raised his eyebrows.

Harry.

“Oh fine.” Harry wasn’t sure what state he was in, as he didn’t look to see the damage to his torso this morning. He removed his shirt and looked down. There was a large bruise the size of a Quaffle, which was a mixture of blue and black.

“Ouch,” commented Ginny. “That looks painful. Why didn’t you ask anybody to heal it yesterday?”

“It didn’t hurt as much yesterday,” Harry lied.

Ginny just rolled her eyes and went to the Weasley’s healing potions cupboard. She got a white tube and removed its lid.

“Sit on the table.”

Harry did as she said, mainly because she was so reminiscent of her mother. Ginny squeezed some of the orange paste onto her finger and then gently rubbed it into his bruise. He looked down at her freckled face, to find it staring right back at him, they were inches apart, and Harry was overwhelmed with her flowery scent. He turned his face away before they were in a position like they were earlier that week by the pond. She cleared her throat and carried on rubbing in the cream.

“So,” she started, “Have you had a chance to look in that book I got you for your birthday yet?” it sounded like a throwaway comment but she watched him carefully.

“No, I haven’t had chance yet.”

“Okay.” There were another few minutes of silence, and then Ginny screwed the lid back onto the tube and pronounced he was officially healed.

“Thanks,” Harry said.

“Healer Ginny saves the day yet again!”

They laughed and Harry said, “Do you think we should go and help your mum for a bit?”

“Sure, there’s nothing else better to do.”

They made their way upstairs, to find Ron and Hermione folding table clothes and Molly and Charlie counting plates. Ginny and Harry were soon given the task to sort out the different coloured napkins into piles of silver and white.

After around ten minutes, an owl swooped through the window and landed on the plates Molly was counting. She took its letter from it and read it through before collapsing into the nearest seat and putting her head in her hands.

“Mum? Are you okay? What is it, what’s wrong?” asked Charlie.

“The singer has just cancelled TWO DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING!” bellowed Molly, becoming very flushed in the face. “What are we going to do? There can’t be a reception without a singer!”

Hermione bit her lip, suddenly; she grinned and ran from the room. In no time, she was back with the Daily Prophet in her hands. She flipped through to the back and then passed it to Molly.

“Advertisements page,” Hermione stated.

Molly looked like she could have kissed her, and started searching franticly for the right person.

“Yes!” she declared seconds later. “Ginny, do you have a quill, some ink and parchment hanging around?”

*


Later that night Harry couldn’t sleep. He tossed and turned but sleep never reached him.

Finally, Harry sat up, swung his legs over the side of his bed and put his glasses onto the end of his nose. He stood and walked over to his trunk, which was at the end of his bed. After a while of rummaging, Harry finally pulled out the defence book Ginny got him for his birthday. With that in hand, Harry walked over to the door, down the stairs, being careful of the ones that squeaked, and into the burrows living room.

After he was sat comfortable in an old, squishy armchair, he opened the crimson cover and, to his surprise, a piece of parchment fell out. Curious, he picked it up and started reading.

Dear Harry,

I’ve been sat here the past half hour trying to think of what to write, so here goes. I’m just going to tell you exactly what I’m feeling.

When I was ten, and I saw you in front of platform 9¾, I started having a crush on you. Well, you know that, who didn’t, and I had that crush up until my third year when Hermione told me to loosen up. You know that too. I did loosen up, and I did get over you. I was able to because I had never really known what it was like to be with you. But now, I do know, so it’s going to be a heck of a job to just move on. I can’t. I won’t.

My point of this letter is to tell you that I don’t care if I’m in danger, I can take care of myself and you know it. You are stronger with the people you care about. But no matter what, I’ll be here for you, whether that’s as girlfriend or as just a friend. If you still hold your resolve and don’t take me back, I’ll wait for you. I don’t care how long it takes, a week, a month, a year, twenty years. I’ll wait. That’s a promise.

Love,
Ginny


Harry was speechless. She would wait for him? No, she couldn’t! She had to get on with her life and move on. He might not even make it out of this alive!

He looked into the dying embers in the fireplace. What if she didn’t have to wait? What if he just took her back? What if…

Harry shook those thoughts out of his head. He couldn’t take her back, it was too dangerous. If Voldemort found out she would be used to get to him.

Even those reasons where starting to be doubted in Harry’s mind. Malfoy, Snape, they both would of known about Harry and Ginny’s relationship, it wasn’t exactly kept a secret.

Harry sighed; he didn’t know what to do anymore. He tried to distract himself by reading the book but the words kept wiggling around the page. Harry slammed the book shut and walked into the kitchen. As quietly as he could, he opened the back door and stepped outside. The slight breeze was refreshing on his warm skin. He looked up at the stars. Millions of little tiny specks winked at him. Harry sighed again and closed his eyes, all the sounds of the night reaching his ears; the rustle of the trees, the whisper of the wind, the soothing trickle of water from the pond. He sat down on the porch and looked back up at the stars.

When he saw one shoot across the sky, he made a wish.

*


“Why do girls always take so long to get ready?” asked Harry.

“I have no-” Ron was cut off by a lot of girlish squealing coming from one of the rooms upstairs. The boys shared a glance. The two of them where sat in the living room, waiting for the girls. Ron was supposed to be at the front, with the rest of his brothers during the whole procession, and Harry was sat with Hermione, so he’d agreed to wait for her.

“Ron, could you help seat the guests please!” shouted Molly from the kitchen.

Ron grumbled, brushed down his royal blue robes, and went outside.

Harry sat for a while twiddling his thumbs, when he heard someone descending the stairs. She had long, brown, wavy hair, that was clipped back out of her face at the sides and was wearing robes of the most delicate shade of blue, that reached down to the floor.

“Wow, Hermione you look amazing,” said Harry.

She smiled and blushed prettily “You don’t look too bad yourself.” Harry was wearing black robes with emerald green material along the cuffs and collar. Even after a long and hard battle with his comb, his hair still wouldn’t lay flat.

“I'm sure Ron will love those robes, I would pay money too see his face when he sees you!”

This made her flush a delicate shade of red, “Oh, just you wait until you catch sight of Ginny.”

Harry laughed and offered her his arm, which she took and they walked down to the front row of seating, which was situated in front of a small podium, in the middle of the garden. Once they where sat down, Hermione turned to him and suddenly looked slightly curious, nervous and serious at the same time.

“Harry, you do know you’re like a brother to me right?”

Harry smiled, “And you’re like the sister I never had.”

She grinned and him and gave him a warm hug.

“Wotcher Harry, Hermione!” said a voice to the right of Harry. He turned and saw a brunette Tonks. Her hair was straight and fell down her back. She was wearing robes of lilac made up of many different layers of different length, and seemed to move of their own accord.

“Hi!” smiled Hermione.

“Hi Tonks! You look great,” said Harry.

“Oh, I’d be careful Harry, your going to get Remey jealous,” she joked.

Remus rolled his eyes, greeted Harry and Hermione and took his place on the other side of Tonks.

“Oh I love weddings! They’re all happy and it makes me so hyper!" squealed Tonks, causing most people in the immediate vicinity to give her to laugh or give her strange looks.

Looking around, Harry could see most of the order, including Kingsley, Moody, Dedalus Diggle, Hestia Jones, and Mrs Figg. There where also a group of people who had the distinct French look about them. Angelina and Katie were sat three rows behind him, they were Fred and George’s dates.

They all made small talk, until the point it went quiet and Bill walked up to the podium and stood with his hands clasped behind his back. The rest of the Weasley brothers, Arthur and Molly sat on the opposite side of seating to Harry and Hermione, on the front row. Molly was already in tears and holding onto her husbands hand as if her life depended on it. Fred and George kept giving him the thumbs up with cheesy grins; Bill did his best to ignore them. Ron, Harry noticed, was staring at Hermione with his mouth hanging wide open, as if she where a new species.

Then the wedding march started playing and Fleur appeared at the back of the aisle on her blonde haired father’s arm. She was wearing robes of pure white and a beautiful tiara was sat on top of her silvery blonde hair that was in an intricate bun, with a few loose curls coming round her face. Behind her were the bridesmaids, Fleur’s sister Gabrielle, her two best friends, and-

“Ginny,” Harry whispered. Hermione grinned at both Ginny’s appearance and Harry’s reaction.

The red head looked beautiful. Her fiery locks set free of her usual pony tail and cascading down her back, a gold clip in place on one side. Her robes were pale gold and just skimmed along the floor. They where made of some light material, which flowed like liquid in the slight breeze. She was holding a small bouquet of white flowers and was starting straight ahead, smiling.

To Harry, she was centre of attention, even when Bill and Fleur were making their vows, his eyes stayed fixed on her, and she kept glancing back at him, a small smile tugging the corners of her lips.

Harry’s attention was forced away from Ginny, when Bill and Fleur were asked to place their palms together by a small man in crimson robes, who was leading the procession. He placed his wand tip to them and they said, in perfect unison,

“I swear on the magic that runs through my blood, heart and soul that I will always be faithful and loving to you. You magic is my magic, my magic is yours.”

When they finished, white light erupted from their joined hands and engulfed them. The wind got stronger so it ruffled every ones hair and the light got so bright Harry had to shade his eyes with his hand. The light dulled until it revealed the two of them, looking lovingly into each others eyes, completely oblivious to the rest of the world.

“And you may now kiss the bride,” said the small man with a smile.

After the ceremony was finished, pictures where taken and everyone sat at the tables which had been made invisible until they where needed. Harry found himself next to Tonks again, with Ginny on his opposite side. Next to Ginny was Hermione, and next to Hermione was Ron. On the main table were Bill and Fleur in the middle, with Arthur and Molly on Bill’s left and Mr and Mrs Delacour on Fleur’s right.

The meal was delicious. It was made by Molly and a team of house elves from Hogwarts, which Harry hoped Hermione never found out about. When everyone had eaten all they possibly could, a dance floor was made. The only problem was that the singer Molly had hired hadn’t turned up yet.

“Where is she? She should have been here half and hour ago!” she said, practically hyperventilating.

Suddenly there was a loud crack from the front of the house. A woman with black hair, wearing black dress robes, holding a wooden box and a guitar, ran up to Molly, as fast as her heels would allow, and started apologising.

“Mrs Weasley? Oh, I am so sorry! I had a spot of trouble with the landlord on the way out and he kept yapping away…”

“Its fine dear, just start when you’re ready,” soothed Molly, now suddenly calm.

Harry had seen this woman before; she was the woman who had been trapped under a beam in Diagon Ally. The woman who said she used to know his parents…he hoped he got a chance to talk to her later.

She got onto stage and opened the lid of the wooden box she brought with her, and tapped it with her wand. Music started playing and Bill and Fleur had their first dance as husband and wife.

In a smooth and soothing voice, she started to sing,

“There is something that I see
in the way you look at me
There's a smile, there's a truth in your eyes

“But an unexpected way
on this unexpected day
could it mean this is where I belong
it is you I have loved all along

“It's no more mystery
It is finally clear to me
you’re the home my heart searched for so long
and it is you I have loved all along”


Remus, who was stood next to Harry, whipped his head round to look at the singer. He strained to see her face, but it was in shadow.

“What is it?” asked Harry quietly.

“Nothing…” he tore his eyes from her and continued watching the newlyweds.

“There were times I ran to hide
Afraid to show the other side
Alone in the night without you

“But now I know just who you are
and I know you hold my heart
Finally this is where I belong
it is you I have loved all along

“It's no more mystery
It is finally clear to me
you’re the home my heart searched for so long
and it is you I have loved all along”


Remus looked puzzled, like me was trying to work something out, but didn’t quite understand. He shook his head and seemed to move on, though he kept glancing at the singer.

“Over and over
I'm filled with emotion
your love, it rushes through my veins

“And I am filled
with the sweetest devotion
As I, I look into your perfect face

“It's no more mystery
It is finally clear to me
you’re the home my heart searched for so long
and it is you I have loved
It is you I have loved
It is you I have loved all along”


Everyone applauded and moved onto the dance floor for the second song. Bill danced with Molly; Fleur danced with her father, Arthur danced with Ginny, and Ron, for some unknown reason, got paired with Fleur’s mother. Harry asked Hermione to dance.

When the song ended, they went over to the table with drinks and got their selves a Butterbeer each. Ron soon joined them, flushed from either the dancing or who he was dancing with, Harry wasn’t sure. The trio sat down at one of the tables and watched the pairs of guests.

Tonks was dancing with Remus; he looked like he was having the time of his life. They soon came over and sat on the same table as Harry. Ron and Hermione kept glancing at each other, but when they caught the others eye, they flushed and looked in the other direction. Tonks found this quite amusing and leaned over and muttered in Harry’s ear,

“Is he going to ask her to dance any time this century?”

Harry chuckled, “Probably not.”

“I think they need a little encouraging…but how?” her brow furrowed in concentration, seconds later she jumped up and ran over to the podium where the singer had just finished her song. She talked briefly to her and then Tonks ran back to her chair, grinning.

“This is going to be funny.”

“What did you do?”

“Patience is a virtue…” she said evasively. “Oh come on, what’s she waiting for?”

Then the woman started talking to the crowd.

“Hello, I’ve been asked to read out announcement to go with this song: ‘Ron, Hermione, this song is dedicated to you, because we really want you to know what your like around each other, and please get a move on.’ So, to Ron and Hermione,” she tapped her music box again.

Harry grinned at the look on Ron and Hermione’s faces.

“I’m tugging at my hair
I’m pulling at my clothes
I’m trying to keep my cool
I know it shows
I’m staring at my feet
My cheeks are turning red
I’m searching for the words inside my head

“I’m feeling nervous
trying to be so perfect
’Cause I know you’re worth it
you’re worth it
yeah

“If I could say what I want to say
I'd say I wanna blow you... away
be with you every night
Am I squeezing you too tight?
If I could say what I want to see
I want to see you go down
on one knee
Marry me today
Yes, I’m wishing my life away
with these things I’ll never say”


“How did you think of this song? It’s perfect!” Harry said to Tonks.

“Oh, I do try. Come on Ron! Ask her to dance!”

Ron, who was all ready maroon, turned to Hermione and held out his hand. She grinned and walked with him to the dance floor.

“It don’t do me any good
it’s just a waste of time
what use is it to you
what’s on my mind?
If it ain’t coming out
we’re not going anywhere
so why can’t I just tell you that I care?

“I’m feeling nervous
trying to be so perfect
’cause I know you’re worth it
you’re worth it
yeah

“If I could say what I want to say
I'd say I wonna blow you... away
be with you every night
Am I squeezing you too tight?
If I could say what I want to see
I want to see you go down
on one knee
Marry me today
Yes, I’m wishing my life away
with these things I’ll never say...”


Tonks gave Harry a high five.

“That’s what I call a job well done, if I do say so myself!”

Remus, who had just gone to get drinks sat down and asked Tonks, “What’s the singer’s name?”

“Umm…I have no idea. Why?”

“Just wondering…want to dance?”

“Sure! See you Harry.”

Harry waved to them and turned when he heard his name being called.

“Harry!” It was Ginny.

“Hey Ginny, you look amazing!” she had just reached him and blushed.

“Thanks…are you having a good time?” she asked.

“Yeah, it’s great.”

“That singer’s fantastic.”

“I know, and playing that song Tonks requested was hilarious.”

“Tonks requested that? Ha!”

Ginny looked over at Ron and Hermione who where still on the dance floor.

“They look cosy,” she stated.

“Yeah, well they’ve been taking their time about it. That small push in the right direction was what they needed.”

“More like a boot up the arse.”

Harry laughed. He felt someone tap his shoulder, and he turned around.

“Vill you dance vith me?” asked Gabrielle, Fleur’s little sister.

“Umm...” Harry didn’t get to finish his sentence because she grabbed his hand and dragged him to the dance floor. He sent Ginny a pleading look, but she didn’t catch it; she was too busy giving Gabrielle a look that could kill.

Harry danced for a while and Remus raised his eyebrows. “You have a thing for younger girls?”

He laughed, “Speak for your self!”

After the song ended, Harry’s dancing partner went up onto her tip toes and kissed him on the cheek.

She said, “Vy don’t you ask Ginee to dance? She vill say yes.” She leaned closer and whispered in his ear, “I think she likes you.” And with a flurry of blonde hair, she was gone.

Harry closed his eyes for a second, sighed and walked back over to the table. He was alone again, but not for long as Molly soon came over and asked for a dance. When he was done, he sat with Remus and Tonks again.

“Ron and Hermione have gone missing,” observed Remus.

“Hmm, I wonder what they’re doing,” thought Tonks aloud, “I think I have a few ideas, and I think we should follow their example, Remey.”

“Hello! I’m still here!” exclaimed Harry, thoroughly not needing that mental image.

Remus blushed but Tonks stuck her tongue out.

“How old are you?” laughed Remus.

“Remus Lupin! You should know how rude it is to ask a lady her age!” she said as she took a mouth full of mead, “But if you must know, a lot younger that you.”

“Oh, you little…”

Tonks stuck her tongue out again, “Come on Harry dearest, I haven’t danced with you yet!”

Harry nearly choked on his drink as she grabbed his hand, and ran onto the dance floor, tripping over a chair in the process. She was a great dancer, despite her usual clumsiness, though some of her moves were what you could call quite exuberant.

“You should dance with the twins,” commented Harry.

“I would but I can’t find them, they have disappeared with Angelina and Katie, much like your two best friends.”

Harry laughed.

“So, I saw you dancing with Gabrielle before, there I was, thinking you liked Ginny…” said Tonks offhandedly.

“I“ …We“ …I mean…”

“Oh, come on! I'm not blind! You have got to remember, windows are see-through.”

“What?” said Harry, totally lost.

She laughed, “I saw you, on your birthday, by the lake, with Ginny. I saw you through the window. You nearly kissed her but you stood up. Why?”

Harry didn’t answer.

“Harry, answer me,” she said, sounding uncharacteristically serious.

He looked up. “I didn’t kiss her because…” he couldn’t say it because he really had no reasons anymore. He took a deep breath, “I didn’t kiss her because she’s not safe with me.”

Tonks looked angry and grabbed Harry’s wrist and dragged him over to the orchard, he nails digging into his skin.

“Do you have any idea what it feels like to be pushed away because you are being protected? Do you know what that’s like? No, you don’t, because if you did you wouldn’t have done it. It’s so…so frustrating! What you’re doing to Ginny is exactly the same as what Remus did all last year.”

“Its nothing like you and Remus!” protested Harry.

“Really, well you are blowing Ginny off because you want to protect her from Voldemort. Remus pushed me away because he, being a werewolf, wanted to protect me from him.”

Harry could clearly see the similarities. He stayed silent.

“Harry,” she said quietly, “You can’t do this to yourself or Ginny.”

“I know,” Harry whispered. “But I'm scared for her.”

“You have to let her stand up on her own two feet. She is already in danger, or have you not noticed Molly’s clock lately?” she put her hand on his shoulder. “You have to take her back because if you don’t, and something happens to her anyway…well that would be learning the hard way. Go. Ask her to dance.”

Harry bit his lip. She was right. Of course she was right, she had first hand experience.

“Thank you for that.”

“Yeah, I’m into giving people shoves in the right direction tonight. It’s becoming a habit,” she smiled and walked away.

Harry quickly made his way back down to the party. He couldn’t see her anywhere. Out of the corner of his eye she saw a flash of red hair…no it was just Bill…

Then he saw her, sat at a table with Ron and Hermione.

“Here goes nothing,” he muttered under his breath.

“There you are Harry! Where did you disappear to?” asked Ron.

Harry couldn’t help it, he had to laugh. “I think you and Hermione were the ones that are doing the disappearing.”

They both had the decency to blush. He looked at Ginny, who was laughing.

Harry swallowed, “Will you dance with me?” She looked slightly shocked but stood and took his arm after only a seconds hesitation.

As if luck, or Tonks, would have it, the singer started playing her guitar, singing slowly and softly.

“See the pyramids around the Nile
Watch the sunrise from a tropic isle
Just remember darling all the while
You belong to me”


Ginny put her arms around his neck. He put his hands on her waist and they swayed slowly to the music.

“See the marketplace in old Angier
Send me photographs and souvenirs
Just remember when a dream appears
You belong to me”


“I read that book you got me for my birthday…and the letter,” said Harry.

She looked straight into his eyes. “I meant it. All of it, I meant it.”

Harry sighed, “I know you did…”

She rested he head on his chest. And Harry was again, overpowered by that flowery scent.

“And I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too
Fly the ocean in a silver plane
And see the jungle when it's wet with rain
Just remember till you're home again
You belong to me”


“I think Tonks has been having words with that singer again. She got it right,” said Ginny quietly. She looked up at him, “I’ll wait for you,” she whispered

“You don’t have to.”

“What do you mean?”

“I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too
Fly the ocean in a silver plane
And see the jungle when it's wet with rain
Just remember till you're home again
You belong to me”


“You don’t have to wait for me,” he whispered, just before their lips touched.

They where so wrapped up in each other they didn’t hear the cheers and wolf whistles coming from Ron, Hermione, Tonks and Remus.

Or the indignant comments of, “What the bloody hell is he doing with our sister?!” coming from Ginny’s brothers.

When they pulled apart Ginny looked at him wide eyed. “I don’t have to wait for you…good, because I would have gone insane.”

Harry was on such a high, he laughed, picked her up and spun her round. When he put her back down, she drew his face to hers and kissed him hard

“I think I could get used to this,” Harry grinned when they separated.

“Don’t worry, you will,” she said cheekily.

They danced to the next few songs, and then sat back down. Hermione was beaming at them, and Tonks was practically bouncing in her seat.

“Where are Remus and Ron?” asked Harry.

“They went to get us drinks. They should be back any second,” replied Tonks with a grin.

Harry sat down and Ginny plopped down on his lap. Remus and Ron arrived with drinks for everyone and they all talked.

“Come on Ron, you’ll have to dance with me sometime tonight,” said Tonks, and dragged a reluctant Ron onto the dance floor.

“Ginny, would you like to dance?” asked Bill, who had appeared out of nowhere.

“Sure,” said Ginny.

Several hours later, when everyone had danced with everyone else, people started to leave, Bill and Fleur Apparated away to their hotel in France, for their honeymoon.

Soon, there was Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Remus, Tonks, Molly, Arthur, Charlie, Fred and George around one table, talking about everything and nothing.

Quite suddenly, an owl swooped overhead, and flew over to the, still nameless, singer. She took the letter from the bird, opened it and read it. She seemed to just stare at the letter for a while, and then sat on the edge of the podium with her head in her hands. A moment later she stood, closed her eyes for a second and took a deep breath, picked up her guitar and closed the lid of the music box.

Remus was in deep conversation with Arthur about something to do with the order and didn’t notice her walk over.

“Mrs Weasley-” she started.

“Please, it’s Molly,” said Molly kindly.

“Molly, I was just wondering if I could have my pay now, rather than through Gringots, as, well, I just got kicked out of The Leakey Cauldron for not paying my rent in time…”

“Oh, I am sorry dear, but that’s just not possible. Where will you go?”

The woman sighed, “Well, I think the Hogs Head is pretty cheap…”

Mrs Weasley looked worried. “No, I will not have anyone sleep in that wretched inn…we have space here though I am afraid that you will have to settle on the couch. Is that all right with you Arthur?”

Arthur and Remus looked up from their conversation.

“Yes, that will be fine dear.”

“Molly, that’s really not necessary, I’ve slept in worse places, trust me.”

Remus was staring at the woman as if he couldn’t believe his eyes. She, Harry noticed had gone very pale all of a sudden and was gazing at Remus, a shocked look on her face. She looked as if she wanted to run away but she couldn’t quite get her legs to move.

Remus opened his mouth the say the name of the women he’d not seen in sixteen years…



DISCLAIMER 2: Okay, the three songs in this chapter I do not own either. The song ‘It is you (I have loved)’ is Dana Glover’s, ‘Things I’ll never say’ is Avril Lavigne’s and ‘You belong to me’ is Jason Wade’s.

A/N: Oh yes! Go Cliffy! Go Cliffy! *does the cliff hanger dance* woo! So, what’s your favourite bit so far?? Do you have one?? I want to know!

Thanks for your help with Ginny’s present Stacey. You’re a star!

Lisa xxx