Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Vacation Down Druid by bballerj582

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: J.K. Rowling owns all the rights to Harry Potter,charracters, places, settings, and everything else. I am not J.K. Rowling so I do not own any rights.

The sun was just rising over the town of Ottery St. Catchpole on the fifth morning of summer vacation. Everyone in the little village was still sleeping, but not at the Burrow. As the sun was just creeping out above the top of the large house one could hear two loud banging noises coming from within.



Hermione was standing outside of Ron’s door hitting it repeatedly.



“Get up Harry. Get up Ronald. It’s almost time to go.”



“Five more minutes,” came Ron’s weary voice from within.



“No, now you two. We have to leave in about an hour,” she said.



It was the fifth day after their last year at Hogwarts. It had been a grim year for the threesome. They had just defeated Lord Voldemort, the darkest wizard of all time. The downfall of Voldemort was caused mostly by Harry. After seven long years of fighting him they had finally destroyed all the Horcruxes and defeated the Dark Lord. Now, the Ministry and The Order of The Phoenix were finishing up the job by tracking down the last remaining Death Eaters. The tracking had been successful.



The door now swung open to reveal two teen boys who looked like they had just rolled out of bed.



“Good morning!” said Hermione as she leaned over and gave Ron a kiss on the cheek.



Ron started to blush, “Thanks, Good Morning to you too.”



“Good morning Harry,” she said.



“Good morning Hermione,” he replied sleepily.



They started to walk downstairs towards breakfast, which Mrs. Weasley was preparing for them.



“Good morning kids!” she said as they came down the stairs.



“Good morning!” said Harry and Hermione together.



“Hello Mum,” said Ron.



“Are you guys all ready for the big trip?” Mrs. Weasley asked excitedly.



“Yup, we all packed last night,” Hermione said vigorously.



It was true Hermione had made them pack last night so they could get an early start today. Hermione had definitely made them pack for everything that could or might not happen in Australia. Harry was happy though, he was really glad to finally get away. He thought some good time on the beach in Australia would be good. That was the whole point of the trip or at least for him. For Hermione and Ron it was going to be the beach and snogging.



His only regret was Ginny not being able to come down until mid-trip. After defeating Lord Voldemort they had gotten back together. He really didn’t want to leave her even for a couple of days but he knew he had to and it wouldn‘t be that long. She wasn’t able to come until mid-trip because she had plans with Luna Lovegood for some of the week. Ginny wished she could change her plans but she promised Luna so they decided that Harry would Apparate back on Wednesday and pick her up. He wished she could have come sooner, so they could snog like Hermione and Ron.



“Eggs and bacon, Harry?” asked Mrs. Weasley as she walked over to the table with a hit skillet in her hands.



Harry abruptly came back to Earth. “Oh, yes please,” he replied.



After breakfast they all went up to their rooms and got dressed. Then twenty minutes later they were all back downstairs with their trunks ready to leave.



Mrs. Weasley wished them a good trip and Mr. Weasley said be careful. He also checked that they all had their wands. They all did. Their wands were hidden right under there left pant leg, in a wand holding fabric case that strapped to their legs.



Just as Mr. Weasley finished asking about their wands someone came walking down the stairs.



It was Ginny.



She walked briskly over to them. First, she said bye to Ron then to Hermione. Finally she pointed at Harry and walked into the other room. Harry took this as he had to follow her.



He followed her into the room. When they were finally deep in the room she turned around and snogged him. It was a passionate snog.



Finally when they broke apart she whispered teasingly in his ear, “I will see you on Wednesday. Don’t be late.”



Harry hugged her. Then he said ok and goodbye. They walked back into the kitchen.



Five minutes later Harry, Hermione, and Ron we all in a line ready to Apparate. Then with three loud cracks they vanished.



In less than a second all three of them appeared in a large field near the ocean. In front of them was a sign that said “Green Borrow Field” and about fifty yards away from them was a cobblestone road.



“Green Borrow Field that’s right,” said Hermione, “and there is the road we are going to meet my aunt and uncle on in five minutes. We better get a move on.”



“Ok,” said Ron and Harry together with a little grown in their voices. They really didn’t want to walk with their trunks through the grass.



In about three minutes they were standing by the road waiting for a car to come by.



“Are you sure you told your aunt and uncle we would meet them here?” asked Ron as he sat down on the top of his trunk.



“Yes, Ronald!” Hermione said in an agitated voice.



“Hermione, if they don’t know that we are magic how do they think we got here?” Harry asked.



“Umm, well I just told them we would get a cab to here from the airport because their village is only a little bit away from here. I didn‘t want to make them have to drive to the airport. It is a great distance away from their village,” she said.



“But what are they going to say when Ginny arrives?” Harry asked again.



“Well that is just something we will deal with when the times comes, ok?” Hermione retorted.



“Ok,” Harry replied quietly.



At that second a car was coming up the cobblestone road with two people in it. It stopped right in front of Harry, Ron, and Hermione.



Out jumped a women with brown bushy hair pulled back in a bun and a yellow sundress on.



“Hermione! Oh dear I have missed you,” she said as she gave Hermione a huge hug.



“I know! I have to. It’s been so long Aunt Shay since I have seen you and Uncle Art,” Hermione replied.



“Hey honey!” said Uncle Art from the driver’s side.



“Hey Uncle Art. I would like you guys to meet my friend Harry Potter and my boyfriend Ronald Weasley,” Hermione said in reply.



“Hello guys,” Aunt Shay and Uncle Art said together. Even though you could see at the word “boyfriend” Aunt Shay got a weird look on her face but lost it immediately.



In the next two minutes they were all in the car and halfway down the road.



“I hope you kids are hungry because I am going to make you a great breakfast, when we get back to the house,” Aunt Shay said.



“Oh yes we are,” piped in Hermione quickly.



The truth was that they really weren’t. They had only had breakfast an hour and a half ago but according to Aunt Shay’s knowledge they had been on a plane for a long time.



“You guys picked a bad week to come down here,” said Uncle Art just trying to make some conversation.



“Why?” asked Ron quickly.



“Well this week is a special time for the locals. They don’t like trouble this week and will get aggravated real easily. Also, they have been in a bad mood the last couple of days. So please don’t go causing trouble or looking for trouble with the locals.”



“Ok,” They all replied together.



“It is not like I go looking for trouble, it always finds me,” Harry thought to himself in his mind “ALWAYS!”