Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Vacation Down Druid by bballerj582

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: The trio just arrived. The are talking, looking, and seeing the land. Their even asking question. Way to many question. Will Hermione's Aunt and Uncle be on defense to them or will the towns people have problems with them. Read to find out.
J.K. Rowling owns all the rights to Harry Potter,charracters, places, settings, and everything else. I am not J.K. Rowling so I do not own any rights.

As the customer finished paying and started to walk towards the door, Ramona followed behind him.







“Last customer of the day. It’s almost three I must close up,” she thought to herself.







Once the customer was out and away from the door Ramona changed the “Open” sign hanging on the door to the “Closed” side. Ramona then walked back to the cash register and reached for something under the counter.







When her hand reappeared on the top of the counter she was holding a small silver mirror with engravings of stars, the sun, the moon, a unicorn, and a centaur on it. She laid it on the top of the counter. Ramona then pulled a small vile filled with bright pink liquid out of her pocket. She poured the liquid onto the face of the mirror. The face of the mirror shimmered and then went blank again.







“Glen, Glen are you there?” she said quietly.







There was a long pause then an old man’s head appeared in the face of the mirror.







“Yes, Ramona,” he replied.







“I just closed down my shop and am about to start getting ready for tonight,” Ramona said quickly, “What do you want me to bring besides you-know-what?”







“Jill said she gave you the robe and skin, so definitely bring them,” Glen said sternly.







“Ok!” Ramona said in a jittery voice.







At that moment Ramona once again took the pink vile in her hands and placed a small drop on the mirror. After Glen’s face disappeared from the mirror Ramona started to put it back on the counter but before she did she noticed her reflection. She raised the mirror slightly and stared into it. Looking back at her was a women of middle age with small lines on her face and little white streaks in her hair.







“This can’t be me. I don’t look like this. I know its been a long time since I looked at myself but it can’t have been that long. I used to have a full head of brown hair and a perfectly flawless complexion,” she said to herself .







She stood there behind the counter thinking for a second. As she thought she stared out the window. At that same moment a small compact car was driving past the shop on the cobblestone street. It had about five people in it. She just kept watching it and thinking.







“Oh, that’s the Granger’s car. I wonder who else is in it with them,” she stated out loud, “Well who cares. As long as whoever’s in the back doesn’t interfere with tonight. Nothing will matter. We only have three more nights after tonight and all fates will be sealed. ”







Ramona then started to cross the room to a brown chest not bothering to think about why she was growing older so quickly or who was in the Granger’s car with them.















At the same moment as Ramona was staring outside at the car going by on the brick road, Harry Potter was staring out the car window looking at a sign that said “Ramona’s Road Store.”











“So how was the flight?” asked Uncle Art from the driver's seat.







“It was fine,” replied Ron as he tried to keep it cool like Hermione wanted them to.







Ron knew that if he tried to act like they were Muggles it would score so many points with Hermione. These points could add up.







“Oh that’s good. I know those plane rides can some times be horrible. I sometimes have to travel for work,” Uncle Art said.







There was a long pause.







“So what do you do for work, Mr. Granger?” Harry said as he became refocused on the conversation in the car.







“Well I am a… a salesperson. I work for this company that does sales in brooms,” Uncle Art said nervously.







“You work with brooms?” Harry and Ron said excitedly together realizing after that they had just blurted out about brooms thinking flying brooms.







Hermione nudged them both in the ribs as soon as she realized what they had just said and gave them the shut your mouths look.







“So what do your two parents do for work?” Aunt Shay asked.







Harry knew this question was coming and seeing that Ron hadn’t responded yet he decided just to answer.







“Umm…well my parents are both dead. They died when I was younger but I lived with my Aunt and Uncle. My Uncle worked with drills,” Harry replied quickly.







“Oh,” Aunt Shay and Uncle Art said together, “We are deeply sorry about your loss.”







“Thanks,” Harry said but then decided to look back out the window to divulge from this conversation.







He could now hear Ron responding to the question. Outside the window there was some small shops. One of the shops had a bright green sign with orange letters that said “Glen’s Groceries.” After a couple more shops there was a gas station and then it just turned into clear fields. Beyond these fields you could see the ocean.







After a while of driving Harry started to see small stone pillars rising up from the ground. Then he could see a large circle of huge stone pillars coming out of the ground.







“What is that?” Harry asked cutting into the conversation that was going on and pointing to the large stone circle.







There was a short pause with a couple of glances between Aunt Shay and Uncle Art before the answer was revealed.







Finally Aunt Shay said, “Well guys this town used to be home to a sacred society of druids. Druids are…”







“People who believed in magic and the power of nature. The forces of evil and good,” Hermione cut into to Aunt Shays answer.







“Yes, you are correct and well this was a town of druids. They built that stone circle and altar to practice their so called magic on,” Uncle Art said, “Also some of the druid’s descendents still live in the town so they decided to keep it up as remembrance.”







“Do they still practice magic on it,” Ron asked bewildered.







Now this subject had aroused everyone in the car.







“No and I’d rather not get into it right now, ok guys. Also I would like you guys to try to stay away from it,” Uncle Art stated sternly.







Hermione, Harry, and Ron all gave each other looks in the backseat, but said ok. In the next couple of minutes they reached a small sand driveway, which lead up to a white house with nice green trim and shutters on it.







They were home.