Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Vacation Down Druid by bballerj582

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The darkness outside the little house was growing deeper. The only light for miles was coming from within the house. It was a small glisten of light in a bedroom on the second floor.

In the bedroom sat two teenagers, Harry and Ron. The boys were getting ready for bed.

“So what do you think about Hermione’s aunt and uncle?” asked Ron.

“Um…I don’t know, they seem nice I guess,” Harry shrugged. “They are a little odd though.”

“Well, no offence, they are Hermione’s relatives. What did you expect? Two idiots?” said Ron. “Yeah, right! Just look at Hermione…”

Ron started to trail off as Hermione walked in.

“What about me?” Hermione asked inquisitively.

“Nothing, nothing at all,” Ron replied quickly.

Hermione gave him a suspicious look. “You know you’re a lying git right now, right?” she said. “Well, that’s not what I came to tell you. I came to say goodnight. Also, where are we going tomorrow?”

“I don’t care as long as tomorrow is not that day of girly shopping you wanted,” Ron said grudgingly. “You know I hate shopping.”

“No, tomorrow was not going to be my shopping day, but yes I am going to have one, and yes you are coming, Ronald!” Hermione sarcastically stated.

“How about the beach?” said Harry, trying to stop a bitter fight from breaking out between those two.

“Okay, that sounds good,” said Ron in a muffled voice with his head in his pillow.

“That sounds great!” Hermione exclaimed. “Then it’s time to get some sleep.”

“Okay,” said Ron as he turned over to look at Hermione. She walked over to him and gave him a quick kiss. Then she walked over to Harry and gave him a hug before heading to the door.

She flicked the light switch. “Good night, you two,” she said.

Just as she finished the sentence the room lit up in a sea of green light.

Harry and Ron both quickly scrambled out of their beds and hurried to the window. Hermione was already there.

Peeking out of the window, they saw a large, funnel-shaped green light going up to the sky.

The trio all ran towards the door and descended silently down the stairs, trying not to wake Hermione’s aunt and uncle. When they reached the front door Harry, Ron, and Hermione threw it open, and the three of them scrambled through it onto the front porch.

“What is that?” shouted Hermione.

“I don’t know,” Harry said hurriedly, “maybe it’s just a bonfire.”

"That really sounds right,” Ron replied sarcastically.

“I don’t know what it is, but I’m going to check it out,” Harry called over his shoulder as he started to run towards the light.

“Wait, Harry,” Hermione yelled. “Before you going running to see what that is, do you have your wand?”

Harry stopped to think for a second. He didn’t have his wand on him; he had put it on the bed side table before he got into bed.

With a groan, Harry then turned around and shot towards the porch, through the door and up the stairs. Hermione and Ron followed behind him.

“I’m going to grab my wand and check on my aunt and uncle,” Hermione whispered to Ron as they ran.

In less than a minute all three of them were back outside running towards the light, panting heavily.

After a few minutes of running, Hermione skidded to a halt and yelled, “Oh my…Harry, Ron, the light’s coming from the stone circle.”

Harry and Ron now both stopped and realized that she was right- it was coming from the circle.

“I don’t care, I’m still going,” Harry said angrily back to her as he pulled out his wand.

“But, but…” Hermione started.

“But nothing!” Ron put in. “Something weird is happening and we should check it out.”

“Fine!” Hermione shouted, now getting a little upset.

They started to run again, faster this time. Harry was in the lead, followed by Hermione with Ron bringing up the rear. Coming closer to the growing green light, they started to slow down.

“Harry, Ron, this way!” whispered Hermione franticly.

Once behind the rock, all three peered at the greenly lit circle.

What they saw amazed them. There, standing in the circle, one at every stone, were people in bright green cloaks. There were three stone formations that looked like tables in the centre. On the middle table there were objects the trio could not see. In front of the tables there stood a person in a red robe; they had their hands scrawled up high and were leading the others.

“What is this?” Ron blurted out loud.

“I’m not sure, but I know I don’t like it,” Hermione said.

“It’s a ceremony,” Harry cut in sharply, “and from the looks of it, magical. It reminds me of the graveyard after the Triwizard Tournament. Like when Voldemort was resurrected. When Cedric died.”

All of a sudden, the chanting got louder and clearer.

“On this night in this hour, we call upon the ancient magic set by the elders of life to resurrect the true master,” the people chanted.

At the word master, Harry fell to the ground and clasped his hand to his forehead.

“Mate, what’s wrong?” Ron asked dropping to the ground next to him.

“My…my…my scar,” Harry panted.

“NO!” Hermione screamed.

“It’s them.” Harry pointed, while staggering to his feet. He started to walk slowly from behind the rock.

“No, Harry!” Hermione yelled, catching hold of his shirt. “Don’t, we don’t know what we are up against!” She grabbed his hand and pulled him back towards the rock.

“Let go of me, Hermione!” Harry said fiercely, so loud that the chanting came to a halt.

The trio all turned to look at the circle. The robed people had stopped and, with their hands down, were looking straight at them with unpleasant expressions on their faces.

“Okay, now I think it’s time to go,” Ron said, grabbing both their hands and pulling them back the way they came.

Harry and Hermione caught on and started running too. They heard yelling in the background but didn’t stop. They ran until the reached the house.

“Oh, no!” Hermione panted, “Go get into bed.”

“What…why?” Harry protested.

“Go!” Hermione commanded pointing to the door, “See you in the morning. Remember to be ready for the beach.”

Harry tried to say something in response but couldn’t because Hermione was pushing them into the door. It would be hard to go up to bed and not talk about the strangers they had just witnessed until tomorrow, but he knew he had to.