Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Forever and For Always by Princess Of HP FanFiction

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
It's been about three months time since he saw Dumbledore. Since he saw him die at the hands of his most hated teacher, Professor Snape. Harry Potter remembers as if it was yesterday when he first met Snape, he despised him at first sight.. Looking into his cold eyes were like staring into deadly darkness, to smell his breath was like venom, just to know he killed Dumbledore – which Harry considered to be close to family- cut him like an icy knife. He couldn't bear it. Just the saying of his name, made him go into fits of anger. The battle had been fierce but was quickly finish. Though the losses on his side were less, Harry continued to grieve. There was so much going on, Hermione and Ron tried to help but it was no use.

Harry tried to focus on the positive things for now, before they began the search to find the Horcruxes, Nothing seemed to work. After Dumbledore’s funeral , everything changed. Even Ron tried to cheer him up, Harry would love if he tried harder, because every joke he threw at him, simply didn’t work. Fleur and Bill's wedding, almost made him cry. The thought of a wedding, a happy wedding, made him think what might happen, what things will come and rain on this sunny earth.

It was a beautiful autumn morning, despite the fact that everything up to now has been in a constant state of dullness. Harry stretched at arms and looked at Ron who was apparently sound asleep. Harry got up and headed towards the window. It was peaceful at the Burrow, he could hear soft clucking from the chicken's pen. He could also see the sun just cresting above the horizon, with streaks of reddish orange surrounding it. Today, he wasn't going to have any problems. Today was the day where he can forget about the life he has. He crawled back to bed, enjoying its warmth and closing his eyes. Suddenly he heard a soft knock on the door. Bloody hell, he thought. What kind of time do they call this? Harry ignored it, hoping that the unpleasant guest would go away. But it silently continued. Good way to start the day, Harry thought bitterly. He frowned and reached for his glasses rolling lazily out of bed. He stifled a yawn and turned the handle slowly. Only to find someone he had known for so long, someone he would turn to when he had had troubles, the only person who truly cared, the only one he loved, the one he had left, Ginny Weasley.

There was Ginny, the perfect girl for him, the one he let go. This made him grief more profound. He remembers her words, ‘Stupid noble reason, isn't it?’ He wonders, if it was - a stupid noble reason.

"Uhh, sorry," she whispered. "I meant for Ron to hear that, you see, he promised to help mum with breakfast." She did not meet his eyes, "You want to come down? It would be swell if you did, but you don't have to." She finally met his eyes, brown ones sinking into green ones.

Harry hesitated and nodded, "Sure." He couldn't think of anything to do, now that his sleep was disted and who better to start your morning with, other than Ginny? They both headed down to the kitchen.

He remembered when she had a humongous crush on him, that Valentine she sent him. His Eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad. Despite the embarrassment, that was his only Valentine, and he had liked it. He remembered when she was in the wrath of Lord Voldermort, it changed his perspective of her. Memories flood Harry's brain, memories of Ginny, memories of him and Ginny together. He remembered what he did to her, after the funeral. He let her go. He didn't want to, but he knew he was doing it only to protect her. Harry saw Ginny as courageous, heroic, brave, honest, real and beautiful. Everything he could ask for in a girl. He was heartbroken and had spent many lonely nights grieving by himself about it. But, she had told him that she understood and knew that he had to let him go. He wondered, if she really did?

++++


"Ginny," Mrs. Weasley began, "come help me with breakfast."

Ginny rolled over to face her mum, she hated her for waking her up this early. She looked out the window to see that the sun had barely risen up. She groaned.

"I thought it was Ron doing breakfast, wake him up," and went back to sleep.

"Now! I also need your help Ginny." Without further ado, Mrs. Weasley left the room. Ginny grinned, she's nothing without me. She got off her bed, and went to her brother's room, to kill Ron most likely.

Ginny tapped on the door. No reply. She continuing knocking on the door, hoping Ron would get the message. Instead, someone else answered the door. Someone she would always treasure, whom she would never get over, Harry Potter. Harry stood there looking at her a little perplexed. She stood there looking into his green eyes. How she loved those eyes.

"Uhh, sorry," she whispered. "I meant for Ron to hear that, you see, he promised to help mum with breakfast." She was trying hard to avoid his eyes, every time she saw him, she felt hurt and disoriented. Unable to avoid his gaze any longer, she looked up.

"You want to come down? It would be swell if you did, but you don't have to." She was already hoping he would.

"Sure." He headed down the kitchen with her.

Ginny started reminiscing. The tears she shed for him, over and over again. It would have rained over Hogwarts for days. He would never know the comfort he brought her, the strongest love she had felt, longing him for years, and asking nothing in return but his love. But, he let her go. Stupid noble reason, thought Ginny. Ginny then realized that she had to let him go, go off and be the hero, leaving with her big brother and her best friend. Leaving Ginny in the dust. She knew she would never forget him, not ever. She would remember every minute, of every hour, of every day.

While all off these thoughts collided in Ginny's head, while she was walking down the stairs, she foundit very difficult to keep her balance. When she reached the landing, she stumbled a bit, and almost fell face down. Nearly falling, she felt a sudden grip on her hand. It pulled her upwards again. She heard Harry's voice, "Are you alright?"

Ginny didn't answer. It made her feel alive again, the moments she had shared with him. She could feel tears, wanting to fall out. She closed her eyes to prevent it, and swallowed. "Yeah." They entered the kitchen, she saw her mum waving her wand about, that almost hitting Harry in the face.

Ginny breathed in the fantastic smells coming from the stove, "Smells brilliant, mum."

Mrs. Weasley merely nodded. Ginny grabbed some plates and utensils. She neatly set them up at each seat. She could feel Harry's eyes on her. Her ears went pink. What in Merlin's name is he doing? After she was done, she took a seat opposite Harry. She looked around pretending she didn't see Harry. Unable to sit still any longer, she got up.

"I'm going to wake the others." Ginny gave Harry a small smile and headed up the stairs. She wondered as she went up the stairs what was going through his mind.

++++


After a very filling breakfast, Harry was trying to think what to do. How should he start his upcoming fantastic day? It was a brilliant day. He had the urge to go outside and play Quidditch. Something he had gotten to do rarely in the past three months. He went up the stairs and bumped into Ginny. Thankful, for the darkness he gave her a nervous smile. After he showered and changed, he took out his broom. He looked around to find Ron coming from a bath.

"Looks great outside, why don't we play Quidditch?" Harry asked avoiding Ron's eyes because he was half naked. Ron nodded and turned crimson.

"Sure, can't think of anything else to do," Ron quickly put his shirt on. "Why don't we invite Hermione and Ginny?"

Harry froze at the sound of Ginny's name. Playing Quidditch with Ginny, what would she think? She probably will get mad at him for pretending nothing's wrong.

"Is it alright with them?" Harry asked reluctantly.

"Of course." Ron grinned.

"All right then!" Harry said happily, "let's go!"

Harry mounted his broom. He couldn't help but feel his spirits lift. It had been so long, he had never felt so alive. Harry saw Ginny come out with her broom, followed by Ron and Hermione. Hermione looked rather appalled. She had never been good at Quidditch books were her thing. Harry grinned at them.

"Oi! Over here!" Harry gestured waving his arms.

"Okay," started Harry, "Ron, Hermione you play Chaser. As for me and Ginny we'll play Seeker."

"Don't worry Hermione, I'll go easy." Ron smirked and Hermione slapped him lightly on the shoulder, but looked a little bit happy. "Me and Ginny, and you and Hermione."

"Wait a minute," Hermione said, "we need a Quaffle and a Snitch."

Harry, Ginny, and Ron turned around. "I forgot." Harry said bashfully looking at Ginny and Ron's wide eyed faces. Great, so much for my fantastic day, thought Harry.

Hermione beamed. "Don't worry, I'll just make one." Out of thin air, Hermione conjured a dark cherry Quaffle and a golden Snitch. Just like the ones they used for their games.

"Hermione, you’re the best!" Harry exclaimed. "All right, posts everyone."

Everyone mounted their broom, and everyone got to their place. "Let the game begin!" Hermione threw the Quaffle, and play began.

Everyone was having fun. Ron was teasing Hermione when he was in possession of the Quaffle. Today's the day with no worries. He saw Ginny looking for the Snitch, she gasped and at the speed of light, she seem to be chasing something. Harry headed in her direction and he caught sight of the snitch. Side by side, they flew trying to catch the snitch. Ginny looked at Harry, Harry looked at her and she quickly looked away. She fumbled as she was trying to reach the Snitch, Harry sped across her and caught the Snitch.

"Haha! Me and Hermione win!" Harry smiled down at Ron and Ginny.

"Finally, I thought it would never end." Hermione wailed, she parked the broom on the ground, and headed towards the Burrow. Ginny smiled slyly at Harry.

"Okay, you Weasleys against me." His feeling of elation rising.

Ginny shook her head, "No, you and Ron. That's enough fun for the morning." Ron shrugged his shoulders, when Harry glanced at him.

Harry didn't know what made him do it, he chased after her. He parked his broom and ran towards her.

"Ginny, you sure you don't want to play?" Harry said in a sweet manner.

"No, it's okay. I've had enough fun," Ginny said quietly.

"C'mon! You almost beat me back there." Giving her a meaningful smile to know that he wasn't bragging about his skill.

"Oh, I see, I wasn't clearly at the top of my game, was I?" Ginny punched Harry on the shoulder. Harry just laugh.

"You sure?" Harry asked once again.

"Yeah. You go ahead." Ginny sat down on the bench, "I'll watch you from here."

"Yeah, I guess so. . ." Harry had the feeling to do something crazy, he been longing to be with her again, to feel her touch, his heart was crying out for her. He paused and looked at her. He kissed her on the cheek. What are you doing, Potter? Do you desperately want to get back with her?! Remember, you're putting her in danger! He didn't know what made him do it. Ginny looked at her, with her mouth hanging open, and her eyes filled with shock. Harry turned away. Suddenly, warm arms wrapped around his waist. For a moment, he stayed in her comfortable embrace, than he came back to reality. He jumped out of her reach. He didn't want the responsibility again, especially not with Ginny.

"Harry. . ." she whispered softly.

"No," he said looking off into the distance. "I-I, just can't do it."

"Harry, please try to understand," Ginny said almost in the verge of tears. She stood.

Harry didn't know what she was talking about.

"You can do it Harry! You can --" Ginny said, beginning to raise her voice.

"No, I can't! I can't lose you again!" Harry exclaimed avoiding her eyes. With that, he rushed back to Ron, who was waiting for him to get back.

++++


The words hit Ginny hard. He didn't want to lose her. Ginny sat back down on the chair. That moment when he kissed her on the cheek, she had felt so revived. She layher head on her knees, sobbing. She was mad. Harry always pushed away the ones he was close to. It had happened far too many times. She saw her mother striding in her direction looking furious. Not wanting to deal with her mother's woes, she got on her broom and flew away to find solitude.

Afternoon came, she missed lunch and her stomach was rumbling, but she didn't feel the urge to eat. All she could think about was Harry. She sat on a rock near the sea, where she could see the setting sun. He still had feelings for her, but wouldn't let her love him. This made Ginny cry even more. Her heart was beginning to burst, she felt crestfallen. The aching of her heart never went away. If only if he would let her in once again. Ginny mounted her broom and sped back to the Burrow.

She saw Harry with Ron, also with Fred and George. She headed towards there, just enough distance to see his face. Ginny took a deep breath and then. . .

"HAAAAAAARY!" she cried, tears were pouring down her face.

"LOOK AT ME! I'M CRYING FOR YOU! MY WORLD REVOLVES AROUND YOU! I NEED YOU!" Harry took a sharp turn and looked at Ginny.

Ginny's lips were trembling and she screamed softly, "I love you!" She nearly fell off her broom but got back up. She buried her face in her hands and cried. Cried so much for Harry, she would cry until she couldn't cry no more.

She felt a warm touch cupping her hands full of tears, and looked up and saw it was Harry. She saw Harry's eyes watering, she could tell he was fighting the urge to cry, because he was just really bad at it. Harry gave her a small smile. Maybe, she thought. She might have a chance.

++++


Harry just stood there, still cupping her hands. Tears wanting to fall. Why don't you just cry Potter? Harry hesitated a bit. He couldn't cry, Ginny knows he was just terribly at it. He looked at Ginny, her beautiful brown eyes pouring tear just for him. He led Ginny back onto the ground and gently placed her in a chair. He kneeled down and held Ginny's hands and placed it close to his heart. He continued letting Ginny cry.

"Ginny, I don't think --" Harry gave a guilty start. Ginny looked up with her brown eyes. How he loved those eyes. He couldn't find the right words. Ginny looked more depressed than ever.

Harry sighed. He couldn't reject her, he would never do that. Ginny looked back down, looking crestfallen. Harry could now feel the tears, thickly falling down his cheek. He wiped them away, not wanting to show weakness or giving in. Or that you’re terrible at it. Yes, and that too. He was at a loss for words and thought. He let go of Ginny's hand. He watched her closely. Potter, said that voice in his head. No. C'mon Potter, look at the state she's in. I don't think so, remember, I'm putting her in danger. You're putting yourself in danger! Harry rigorously shook his head, hoping that voice would stop bothering him.

"You know why I did it. It was for your protection," Harry said trying to sound understanding. This is clearly not helping. He didn't know what else to do.

Then he said, "But, err-, you really mean that?"

Still not looking up, she answered in a hoarse voice, "Of course Harry, you're everything to me. It's just that-- I've waited so long. Our relationship was short, and I treasure our moments we shared, no doubt about that." She took a breath then said, "I truly want our relationship to last, if not forever at least years. . .I know I'm being that possessive little eleven year old again." She scolded herself. "I guess I will never will give up on you, I truly love you, from the bottom of my heart." If only you knew, Harry thought.

"What in Merlin's name is going on here?" Harry heard Fred roar. He could hear him, faintly.

Just then, George appeared at Fred's side. "Harry? Ginny?" Looking back and forth at them.

Harry ignored them. Can't they leave him and Ginny alone?

Along came an aggravated Ron, "You guys didn’t leave the Bludgers flying about! When you're done--" He stopped in his tracks, "Oh."

"Guys, we better leave them alone, it's not our matters," Ron whispered to Fred and George grabbing them by the arms, but they wouldn’t budge.

A thousand thoughts stirred in Harry's head. He wanted to get back with Ginny. She had admitted it, she loved him. Those words made his heart burst. On the other hand, getting back together will add to the danger she will be in. He didn't feel like breaking her heart again, but what would happen if Voldemort found out? He didn't want to put her in anymore danger than she already was. He couldn't, shouldn't. He had to do this alone, along with Hermione and Ron. Harry continued to watch her sob. He wanted to cry at the though. Just then a voice popped into his head, it was your heart that saved you, Harry. . . He then realized that love would make him stronger and he desperately could use love, especially Ginny's. He knew what had to be done and it was somethinig that he had been longing to do.

Harry reached over to cup her face into his hand and then, he lifted her chin. Both gazed at each other. Ginny looked directly into his eyes, her eyes shining with hope. Her face lit with her happiness. Ginny quickly went down to his level and hugged him. Harry squeezed her back. He smoothly touch Ginny's hair and Ginny began playing with his, curling it around her fingers. Harry began to realize that this is what true love must feel like. To have someone carry your heart, and feel hopeless and have no choice but to go with it. He gripped her more tightly than ever, smothering her with his love.

Suddenly all the pain and pent up anger went away. All the shame and guilt disappeared. He felt as if it was magic that was flowing through. He had never felt so alive. In his mind, he thought, this is the closest to heaven I'll ever get. They broke apart and looked at each other, both chuckled. Harry tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Both of them smiling. Ginny rest her head on Harry shoulders. Both close their eyes, forgetting about the outside world and just living in the moment. Just then, they heard a cough. They opened their eyes to find Ron, Fred and George looking at them, with their jaws hanging. Hermione, who just seemed to have stepped outside, had a smile forming on her face the moment she saw Harry with Ginny. Ron looked back and forth at Ginny and Harry, seemingly trying to find the words to say. He struggled for a few moments and smiled shyly. Harry turned to Fred and George, who still stood with their mouths hanging open. Hermione hurried toward them. Hermione panted, flapping her hands about to get some air.

Finally speaking, "Do you have any idea what just happen?" Hermione questioned with a big satisfied grin on her face, but looking a little appalled.

"No, what?" Ginny asked curiously. Harry was also curious, what made her so surprised?

"Hermione, what is it?" asked an anxious Harry.

"Oh, my gosh, I've been reading about those. . ." Hermione said, dazing off.

"Hermione!" Both Harry and Ginny exclaimed. Hermione at once came back down to face them.

"It's a special kind of magic. When someone's love is deep enough, it enables them to use their own feelings to heal another person. You can't control it, it just happens. And. . ." Hermione continued looking straight into the eyes of both Harry and Ginny. "It only happens when one needs it the most. You've found something very special in Ginny, Harry." Ginny beamed at Hermione then at Harry.

Harry looked back at Ginny. She was no longer crying. Her eyes glimmering with love and passion. Harry smiled and kissed Ginny. It was like none they shared before, soft, slow and sweet. Harry remembered the first time he felt triumph, who won the girl of his dream. Reliving the moment and letting it sink it. Several sunlit days - so it seems -, they broke apart.

"Well, I guess this means --" George gave a little shudder. Fred twitched.

"Err-- I'm going back to the house," Fred said quickly.

"Right behind ya mate." George followed, both of them sprinting.

Just then Ron said, "Harry, I can't tell you how much this means to me and now to my family," he said very meaningfully with a hint of glee in his voice, putting a hand over Harry's shoulder. "We couldn't think of anyone else who would be suited for our Gin."

He gave Ginny a smirk and gave her a hug. "Ron, thanks." Ginny said.

"The best for my little sister." Ginny gave him a playful punch.

With that, Ron departed to the house, following Fred and George.

"I'd better tell this to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley." Hermione grinned at both of them, and headed towards the house. "Ron, wait up!"

Harry who was still spellbound said to Ginny, "I treasure you so much, I'm sorry for being an idiot and not telling you sooner. You mean the world to me, and I don't know what I’d do if I ever lost you," Harry began, "I guess I wasn't brave enough, I just wanted to do what's best, and now. . . now I need you more than ever. Please forgive me."

Ginny choked, "Of course."

Harry said nothing but gripped her tighter into his arms again. Ginny squeezed back. He whispered into her ear and said those three words, "I love you."

For the rest of the afternoon, they just sat there, enjoying their relived love. It was truly a new beginning, full of hope and promise. With the lives before them, they knew they would make the most of their future beside each other , no matter what life had in store for them. They will love each other, forever and for always.


A/N: Credit to Ryan for my "happy ending." Also to Sunil (Oomahey) for permission to use the "most touching line ever." *hugs* and *kisses* to you both. =] Oh, and Professor Scroll (Valerie) for beta-ing. *muahh*