Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Not Another Teen Love Story by 365 letters_ryan gosling 20

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Just as I promised, this chapter is all James and Lily. There was a big mixup...I had already put this in queue and I got no rejection email but it isn't even on my list of chaps anymore...so I'm resubmitting this. next chapter, peter's back!
Chapter 10
Hogsmeade

“This feels good, James,” Lily said wistfully as they strode down the street at Hogsmeade with linked hands.

Obviously, the Halloween Hogsmeade visit was finally here. Sirius and Kimmy had gone off on their own to “hang out”, or so they said. Rachel and Remus had also gone off on their own. James and Lily were so ecstatic to finally spend the day together that they didn’t even have time to feel happy for their friends.

“What does, sweetie?” James asked with a slightly glazed look in his eyes. He had been so busy paying attention to the way Lily’s thumb kept running over his hand to realize that she had been silent for a while.

She looked down at their hands. “It’s just that we haven’t been able to be together for a while…at least alone,” Lily said, looking up into James’ beautiful brown eyes.

He looked down at her and when he saw the loving look on her face, he thought he might melt.

“Come here,” James said, speeding up and dragging Lily with him.

“Where are we going?” Lily asked, excitedly.

James looked back, grinning, causing Lily’s heart to flip-flop. “You’ll see,” he said mischievously with a flirtatious wink.

Lily rolled her eyes while she felt a blush creep over her cheeks. That wink still had the same effect on Lily as it had when they first started going out and she felt it would have the same effect on her forever. Forever… Lily had been thinking about that word a lot lately and she hoped to talk to James about some things once they got wherever they were going.

She had been so lost in her thoughts, she did not realize they had reached their destination. They were at a tree on one of the many hills in the village of Hogsmeade. James had obviously made arrangements because there was a picnic blanket, basket with food and candles set up under the tree.

“Wow, James…When did you have time to do all this?” Lily asked, amazed at how romantic he could be sometimes.

“I have connections,” James said, sneakily.

Lily leaned up and kissed him on the cheek, watching his face light up as she did so. “Thank you, James. It’s beautiful.”

“So are you,” James said, staring at Lily.

Lily started to blush immensely and James, sensing she was uncomfortable, changed the subject abruptly.

“Well, let’s eat. I’m hungry,” James said, rubbing his belly.

Lily chuckled. “When are you not hungry?”

James looked at her with a look of mock hurt. “Are you calling me fat?”

Lily looked him up and down slowly causing him to want to tackle her and snog her senseless, but he controlled himself. “No, you’re far from it, hun,” Lily said with a flirtatious wink and a half smile.

James knew if he didn’t sit down soon, he would really jump on her and do something he could get in trouble for doing out in the open where the whole town of Hogsmeade could see them. “Well, let’s eat,” James said, trying to cover up his moment of weakness.

“Okay.”

So, Lily and James sat there for a while in a comfortable silence eating. Once they were done, Lily wanted to bring up what she had been thinking earlier but James had other plans.

“Want to dance, Lils?” James asked.

“There’s no music, James,” Lily replied.

James smiled and waved his wand and suddenly there was music playing from…somewhere. All Lily knew was that it was beautiful and slow. Lily liked to dance to slow songs; it seemed much more romantic that way.

“Okay.”

So, James approached Lily and wrapped his arms around her waist while Lily wrapped her hands around his neck. For a while they just swayed like that, a little awkwardly. Then, Lily sighed contentedly and laid her head on James’ shoulder.

“James?” Lily asked softly.

“Hm?” James mumbled through her hair.

* “Do you ever think about the future?” Lily asked hesitantly.

“Yeah, I guess,” James said, not really knowing where this was going.

“What do you see?” Lily asked.

“What do you see?” James asked, playfully.

“I’m being serious,” Lily replied, a tad bit abruptly.

James thought this over for a minute and then came up with the perfect answer that summed up everything he saw for his future.

“You, Lils. You.

Lily felt tears brim in her eyes from the sincerity she heard in his voice.

“What do you see?” James asked, seriously this time.

Lily looked up at him with a fiery look in her eyes. She began to run one hand through his hair and placed the other hand on his chest. She stood up on her tiptoes and pushed her lips onto his neck, hearing James’ breath hitch slightly. “I see you, James.” She then looked up into his face with a look of pure love and devotion in her eyes. “I see you,” she whispered this time as James’ face descended slowly on hers to kiss her lightly. When he broke off shortly, she didn’t protest seeing as there was more she wanted to talk about.

“Are you ever afraid, James?” Lily asked and continued before James could ask her what she was talking about. “I mean, with the war going on and all. I try to be strong but inside, I’m really scared. Not just for me but for my family and…you. I don’t think I would be able to live without you, James,” Lily admitted, unashamedly.

James looked at her upturned face and then crushed her against his chest. “I will never leave you, Lils. Never,” he whispered into her ear as he nuzzled his face in her neck.

Lily realized she could not hold her emotions in any longer and buried her face in his neck. She began to sob heart-wrenchingly and painstakingly.

James lifted her up in his arms and carried her to the tree where he sat down with his back up against it and her in his lap. “I’ll always protect you, Lily. You will never know a day without me,” James said to her.

For a moment, Lily’s sobs stopped. “Promise?” Lily asked shakily.

“I promise, love,” James replied, sweetly.

She lifted her lips to his and kissed him with all the passion and the love she could muster up. She put her hands on his chest and pushed his back further up against the back of the tree as she gave herself to the kiss. When they broke off, panting, she said, “I love you, James.”

“I love you, too, Lils,” James replied and he meant it from the very bottom of his heart.

Lily returned to her position in his lap with her head on his chest and fell asleep. James realized they would have to go back up soon, but he didn’t care if they got in trouble or not. All that mattered was that Lily was in his arms and they were together.
_________________________________________________________________

“Look at those two, Kimmy,” Sirius said, with his arm around her waist. “I’ve never seen James look so happy with anyone.”

“I’ve never seen Lily happy like she is with him, either,” Kimmy replied.

They watched as Lily fell limp against James’ body as she fell asleep and James stare off at the sun, stroking her red hair.

*A/N: These few quotes are from the “What Hurts the Most” music video from Rascal Flatts.