Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Not Another Teen Love Story by 365 letters_ryan gosling 20

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Minor cliffie but major fluff!!!
Chapter 13
Their Second Date

“Lils?” James asked while stroking her hair one day in the Common Room. She was currently lying on the sofa with her head in his lap, turned toward the fire in the grate.

“Yes, James?” Lily replied dreamily. She had her eyes closed and was reveling in James’ touch, continuously learning just how much he meant to her.

“Do you realize we have only gone out on one date the whole two months, one week and three days we’ve been going out?” James asked casually.

Lily sat up abruptly and stared him in the eye. “You remember how long we’ve been going out down to the day?” James was shocked to see she was tearing up slightly.

“Umm…yea. Why wouldn’t I? I’ve been after you so long and now that I have finally got you, I’m savoring each moment I’m with you,” James replied in a tone that suggested it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Have I ever told you that you’re the sweetest guy I’ve ever met?” Lily asked, smiling. She then entwined her fingers in his hair and pulled his lips down to hers. The kiss was sweet and chaste but still succeeded in making them both breathless. When she pulled away, she noticed James was blushing furiously. She loved it when he showed his weaknesses around her.

“No, you haven’t. But if I’m going to get a reaction like that every time I say something sweet, I should do it more often,” James replied, winking.

Now it was Lily’s time to blush but she also giggled, laying her head back on his lap. It was then she realized that she hadn’t answered James’ question.

“No, I hadn’t realized that, James,” Lily said.

“Realized what?” James asked, confused. It took a few moments for him to realize what she was referring to. “Oh. Well, the reason I asked was because I wanted to ask if I could take you to Hogsmeade tonight.” James said, a little tentatively.

Lily smiled as she realized he was still a little afraid of rejection. “Of course, James. I would love to.”

James’ face lit up as he gently lifted her out of his lap and jumped up.

“Hey? Where are you going, James?” Lily asked, confused.

“I have to go get a few things ready. Meet me here in the Common Room tonight at 7:00,” he said as he started to walk away. Then, he stopped and turned around. “Oh, wait. I almost forgot something.” He walked towards Lily and stopped in front of her. He bent down and gave her a slow, passionate kiss that was over much too soon. “Something for you to look forward to. I love you, Lily,” James said, sweetly.

“I love you too, James,” she replied, a little grudgingly. He could tell she was peeved for the shortened kiss.

James smiled, satisfied and walked out of the Portrait Hole. He had tons to do.
_________________________________________________________________

That night, Lily was extremely nervous about her and James’ date. She wasn’t really sure why, seeing as they had been together for about two and a half months. She hadn’t been sure what to wear but she wanted to take James’ breath away. She opted for a pair of snug black gaucho pants with a beautiful green sequined top that matched her eyes. She made sure her hair was extra curly and left it down, as that was how James liked it. She wore white chandelier earrings and a matching necklace. She hoped it was a good enough outfit. She didn’t have to wait long to find out. She gasped as she saw James coming down from the boys’ dormitory.

It looked as if he hadn’t even bothered to do anything with his hair but she loved it like that, anyway. He wore a brown, well-fit sweater that brought out his beautiful brown eyes considerably. He wore a pair of jeans that slightly hung off his narrow hips. She was afraid if she kept looking at his body, she would start drooling. So, she forced herself to look at his face and decided it was almost as good as looking at the rest of him. By the look on his face, she could tell she was rendering him speechless as well.

Finally, Lily managed to get something out. “You look great, James,” Lily said, though knowing that was a large understatement. She moaned slightly as he continued to look her up and down. The sound made him look at her face and he smiled warmly, sending pleasurable shivers up and down her spine.

“You look more than great. You look beautiful, Lils. Completely angelic,” he said, dreamily.

Lily blushed furiously, managing to utter a soft “Thanks”.

“Shall we go?” James asked, after they were done ogling each other.

Lily’s face broke into a broad grin. “Sure.” She wasn’t sure what had happened, but her nervousness was completely gone now.
_________________________________________________________________

They had walked down to Hogsmeade in companionable silence, holding each other’s hand and occasionally stealing glances at each other. When they reached the Three Broomsticks, James led her to a secluded table in the corner where there were candles and a lily laid at her spot. She picked up the beautiful flower. “Thank you, James. It’s the most beautiful flower I’ve ever seen,” she gushed.

“I beg to differ,” James replied, enjoying the blush that crept over Lily’s cheeks.

Once they had settled in their seats and ordered, they both looked at each other. He reached across the table and took Lily’s hand. “I brought you here tonight Lily because I have a question to ask you,” he said, very nervously.

“Okay, I’m all ears,” she replied, although she was unbearably nervous about what he was about to ask her, also.

With his free hand, he ruffled his hair and looked over at a spot on the wall. “Well, you know I love you, Lily and I always will,” he said turning to lock gazes with her. He took his hand from her and reached into his pocket. “I know we’ve only been going out for a short time but I feel like I’ve loved you forever. There’s no one else for me, Lily.”

“There’s no one else for me either, James,” Lily replied, eyes filling with tears at his sincerity.

James smiled and wiped a tear off her cheek softly. “That’s what I was hoping you’d say.” He pulled a little black box out of his pocket and Lily’s heart started racing in anticipation of what was coming next. “Lily, I was wondering if you would wear this ring that I bought for you. I know we’re young and it’s not exactly an engagement ring. It’s a promise ring. It symbolizes that when we do get married, it will be to each other. If you don’t want it, I understand but-” He was then cut off by Lily practically jumping over the table and jumping in his arms.

“Of course I will, James. I love you,” she replied, sincerely.

James pulled back and opened up the box with a huge smile on his face. When Lily saw the ring, she gasped. It was beautiful. It was a silver band with a single diamond in the middle in the shape of a heart. “It was my grandmother’s wedding ring,” James explained.

Lily could tell by the look on James’ face that this ring meant a lot to him. She promised herself that she would always take very good care of this ring. “Thank you, James,” Lily said, tears of joy now rolling freely down her cheeks as he slid it onto her finger. He then looked up into her eyes and leaned over, kissing all the tears that were on her face. She trembled at the touch, though pleasantly.

He pulled away, his eyes darkened with absolute and complete love for her. She imagined hers reciprocated fully. She slowly leaned over, licking her lips. He watched mesmerized at her tongue flicking across her lips and memorized the movement. He placed his lips on hers softly and the kiss was initiated. This was unlike any kiss than they had ever shared before. They were both pouring all their feelings into it: lust, care, passion and the most dominant of all the emotions was pure, indescribable love. Neither had felt anything like that before. She slowly traced circles on the bare skin of his neck, not even caring that they were in a public place. He reluctantly broke off and stared at her lovingly.

For about five minutes, they sat there speechless just staring at each other. Finally, they both managed to utter a breathless, “Wow.”

James face broke out in a broad smile. “You just can’t keep yourself off me, can you?” James asked, cockily.

Lily blushed but then her lips curved into a devilish smile. She leaned over and whispered right against his ear, “You’ll pay for that one, Potter,” enjoying the low groan that James emitted.

Then, he smiled and winked. “I hope so.” They both laughed and spent the rest of the night talking, laughing and acting like hormonal teenagers. She still did not have the courage to bring up what she wanted to. I will later, she thought. However, later was sooner than she thought.