Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Not Another Teen Love Story by 365 letters_ryan gosling 20

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I tried to keep fluff to a minimum for this chapter. It is extremely short which I apologize for but I have been very very busy with summer reading projects. Sorry for the wait and thanks to all my reviewers!!!
Chapter 14
Wait For Me

A/N: Sorry for the shortness of the chapter but I have been really busy recently with summer reading projects. I tried to keep fluff to a minimum as some readers were tiring of it. I’m sorry for the little bits of fluff at the beginning but it’s not that bad.

Lily and James had just finished their date and were now on their way back up to the castle. Lily was still worried about talking to James about what had been on her mind most of the evening. She hoped she wouldn’t have to bring it up tonight. What if he didn’t want to wait for her? The thought almost made her break out in tears. James noticed her nervousness and obvious discomfort.

“What’s wrong, Lils?” James asked concerned.

Lily shook herself and pasted on a fake smile. “Oh, nothing. I’m just great.”

James wanted to question further but decided against it. “Okay, whatever you say,” he answered, taking her hand as they were now entering the castle. They must have been past curfew because no one was about and the candles on the walls were dimming. A few minutes later, they were standing in front of the girls’ dormitory stairs in the Common Room. Lily started to grow even more nervous as James gave her a hug. He pulled her against him and held her there for an indeterminate amount of time. He felt her slight shiver and pulled back just enough to look at her face.

“Lily, will you please tell me what’s wrong?” James asked.

Lily looked up at him and realized that he was genuinely concerned for her. She softened and realized that she should just tell him and get it over with. “Can we sit down?” she asked, her voice shaking slightly.

“Sure, sweetheart,” James replied.

Once they were both settled on the couch, James glanced at Lily expectantly. Lily took a deep breath and realized she needed to get this out before she exploded. “Well, you know how recently when we kiss we tend to get a little…umm…randy?” she asked, blushing deeper and deeper as she continued.

James just chuckled and nodded, wondering where she was going with this.

“Well, I think we need to talk about it. Not that I don’t like kissing you or anything but I think we need to both agree that we’ll stop each other when we think we’re about to go too far,” Lily said, a little awkwardly.

James looked a little hurt at this statement, wondering if she didn’t want him but at the same time glad that she had brought the subject up. He never would have known how to even broach the subject. He nodded, agreeing.

“Which brings me to what’s been bothering me all night. All my life, I’ve been brought up knowing what was right and what was wrong. One of the things I’ve been taught is that before two people have sex, they need to be mature and able to handle it. I just don’t think we’re ready for that yet. I’ve always imagined my first time being on my wedding night and I hope to keep it that way,” Lily looked at James expectantly.

No matter how uncomfortable the conversation was making him, he forced himself to look at her and smile. He knew what was wrong with her now. “You were afraid that I wouldn’t want to wait until marriage to have sex, weren’t you?” James said, ignoring the blush that crept over his face when he said the three-letter word that had so much meaning behind it. She nodded and he continued. “You were afraid that I was going to break up with you because I would believe that you just didn’t want me like that.” This was more a statement than a question. As Lily nodded again fearfully, James smiled sweetly and pulled her into an embrace.

“You’ll wait for me then, James?” Lily asked, moving her lips against his sweater.

“Of course I’ll wait for you,” James answered. He gave her one final squeeze and eased them both down on the couch. He kissed her forehead and after a few minutes, both had drifted off to sleep.
_________________________________________________________________

In the morning, James woke up wondering where he was and what was on top of him. He then remembered the night before and that draining conversation. He was sure Lily felt the same way. He looked at her, stroking her face, deciding he could get used to waking up like this. He smiled as he let the thought slip in as Lily stirred awake also. She lifted her head up slightly and instead of looking up to see her headboard, she saw James’ face. She realized she could definitely get used to waking up like this, also.

She rolled off of him and pulled him up with her. “I think we both need to go get changed and get down to breakfast,” she said, reddening slightly at the thought that all of Gryffindor had seen the Head students sleeping on the couch together.

James chuckled as he realized what she was thinking and then let his gaze drift to the window. “Lily, I don’t think that anyone’s even up yet. It looks a little too early for that,” he said, nodding toward the window. It looked as if the sun had just come up minutes earlier. So, both snuck up to their dorms and began to hide the fact from their friends that they had not slept in their beds the previous night. However, both were very unsuccessful and realized that it was not as early as they had suspected. Their respective dorm mates were already up getting ready to go down to breakfast.

The girls were not as hard on Lily as the Marauders were on James, however.

“So, did you get lucky last night?” Sirius asked, winking. If it had been anyone else who had asked James this question, they would have been pounded to a pulp right away. Since it was Sirius, though, James just chuckled.

“No, me and Lily just slept on the couch last night,” James said, watching as the look of disbelief passed over Sirius’ face.

“You’re kidding, right? You haven’t shagged her yet?” Sirius asked incredulously. At this, James picked up a pillow and chucked it at his head.

“No, and if I had, it would be none of your business,” James answered.

“Fine,” Sirius countered with mock hurt. He then walked out of the dorm, James laughing at the giggles emitting from various girls in the Common Room at the sight of Sirius coming down the steps.

“Do they even know what they’re getting themselves into?” James asked himself, laughing.