Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Not Another Teen Love Story by 365 letters_ryan gosling 20

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Okay, I really hope you all like this chapter. I'm sorry it took so long. I hope its not too cliche for everyone. It's not my best chapter but I had a bad case of writer's block. Hope you enjoy!!
Chapter 15
Christmastime is Here

The weeks went on and the couples became closer than ever. They were completely inseparable and many times, no one knew where they were exactly. But they didn’t care; they were together and that was all that mattered. One day before the Christmas holiday found them all sitting in the Common Room in front of the fire. This spot had long since been designated to the select seventh-years.

“So, what are you guys doing for the Christmas holidays?” Lily asked from her very comfortable spot on James’ lap. Everyone had long since decided they were the couple most likely to last forever.

“Well, all the guys are going to James’ house on Christmas night. What are you girls going to do?” Sirius replied, thinking he would be at James’ house the whole time anyway; he hated his family.

“Well, we weren’t exactly sure…” Rachel answered, who was cuddled up on the couch next to Remus.

“Why don’t you all come over to my house, too? We have plenty of room,” James asked, hoping they would say yes. His Christmas would be so much better with Lily at his side.

The girls all looked at each other excitedly. “What do you think, Leah?” Lily asked.

“Well, I’m going to my boyfriend’s house but you four are welcome to go. I wouldn’t mind,” Leah answered.

“Actually, I’m going to Frank’s house for Christmas. But Lily, Kimmy and Rachel can go without us,” Alice answered, hoping her friends would take James up on his offer. If not, she could imagine their Christmases would be miserable.

Rachel blushed at the thought of spending a week with Remus but also smiled mischievously. “I’ll go if you two will go,” Rachel said, looking pointedly at Lily and Kimmy. She gave them a desperate look, hoping they would agree to go.

“Of course I’ll go,” Lily said, causing James to want to throw her off his lap and jump for joy at her words. However, he restrained himself; he enjoyed their current position.

“And you know I will,” Kimmy answered, turning to kiss Sirius full on the mouth. All the guys wolf-whistled while the girls just smiled. When Kimmy and Sirius broke off, Sirius blushed. Wait, Sirius, blushing?

“Oh, is Sirius the Great blushing?” Lily said, teasingly.

“Shut up,” Sirius mumbled, while they all laughed.

After all the couples settled down, there was silence. However, it was very comfortable as they all stared into the fire thinking about how glorious their Christmases were going to turn out this year.
_________________________________________________________________

The next day was considerably less happy as all the friends were saying goodbye, even if it was only for a few days. Lily sincerely hoped her parents would let her go to James’ house on Christmas night. As she thought about it, she knew they would. They would do anything for her; just as long as she was there for Christmas day, they would be okay with it. As they were preparing to go onto the train, James pulled Lily aside.

“I want to say this before we get on the train. I don’t want to in front of everyone,” James said.

“Okay,” Lily answered, wondering what James wanted to talk about. She was answered when he pulled her into a tight hug. She immediately relaxed in his arms and let out a content sigh. “Can we just stay like this forever, James? I don’t want to leave you,” Lily said, her voice full of emotion.

James closed his eyes as the feeling of her in arms washed over him. It just felt so right. But he knew they’d have to break apart eventually. “I wish we could, sweetheart, but we can’t,” James answered and pulled back only enough to kiss her on the forehead.

Lily pouted and said, “You missed.”

It took James a second before he realized what she meant. He smiled and leaned his head down to meet her inviting lips. It had been so long since they kissed like this. They both poured all their emotions into that kiss because they knew it was going to have to last them a few days. She moaned slightly as his tongue slipped into her mouth and explored her mouth. She reciprocated and they were so lost in each other that they did not notice the train was beginning to prepare to leave. It was only when they heard the train start up that they pulled apart. They sprinted into the train right before the door closed. As they were still alone, James pushed her on the wall gently. “Do you think we could find an empty compartment,” he asked, huskily.

Lily placed both her hands on his chest and pushed him away slightly. “James, what did we talk about?” Lily asked, referring to their draining conversation a couple weeks ago.

James shook his head, as if coming out of a reverie. “Oh, yeah. I’m so sorry, Lils,” James replied, apologetically, backing away.

Lily laughed. “That doesn’t mean you can’t touch me at all, James.”

James took this as an invitation. “Where did we leave off?”

Lily snaked her arms around his neck and he placed his around her waist. “I believe we were right here,” Lily answered, moving her lips closer and closer to his.

James glanced down at her lips for a second before hers came crashing down on his. He pulled back for a second just to say, “You just can’t get enough of me, can you?”

Lily threw her head back, laughing. James took this opportunity to kiss down her throat and neck. Lily gasped as she was not prepared for that. When he hit a particularly sensitive spot, she thrust her fingers into his hair to keep him there. After an indeterminate amount of time, he pulled back. Looking into her eyes, he gave her one last chaste kiss and said, “I think we need to stop.”

It was then that she noticed the lust in James’ eyes and imagined hers held the same look. She ran her hand through her tousled hair and nodded her head, agreeing.

She then grinned, taking his hand and leading them to their friends’ compartment. When they walked in, the whole gang grinned.

“You do realize we are halfway to King’s Cross already, right?” Sirius asked.

“Of course. We were just fulfilling Head’s duties,” Lily lied, winking at James.

“With each other,” Kimmy said, smirking. Lily looked down, blushing while James smiled cheekily.

“Yeah, actually we were,” James said and Lily looked at him, surprised. She then laughed when she saw the look on their friends’ faces.

“Yeah, we saw you at Hogsmeade station. These windows aren’t tinted, you know,” Sirius said, grinning. “I imagine you continued in an empty compartment…”

“No, in the hallway,” Lily said, shocking her friends.

“You two aren’t ones to keep your relationship private, are you?” Rachel asked.

To answer, Lily pulled James in for a kiss. When they broke off, James ran a hand through his hair and looked down at the ground, embarrassed. “No, we really aren’t,” Lily replied, smiling. She then grabbed James’ hand and led him to an empty seat next to Leah. He sat down and she joined him on his lap. They stayed like this the rest of the train ride, no one even bothering to say anything to them. They were enjoying being in their own little worlds, as the rest of them were. They decided to cherish the moments they had left together before arriving at King’s Cross.

When they finally did arrive, the couples shared affectionate goodbyes, but not too much, seeing as their parents were present. However, as usual, James and Lily didn’t care. They kissed for a full three minutes before pulling apart and hugging. “I’ll see you in a few days, James,” Lily said, sadly. However, she began blushing as she realized her parents were staring at her after her obvious public display of affection.

“I love you, Lils,” James said, with complete sincerity.

“I love you more,” Lily answered.

James pulled her into a hug and kissed her temple. “How many times do I have to tell you that that’s impossible?”

“As many times as you have to, James. I never tire of hearing it,” Lily answered. She gave him a peck on the cheek and walked over to depart with her parents. When she approached them, she apologized for her rather passionate kiss in public. They both smiled.

“It’s okay, Lily. We’re glad to see you so happy and he seems like a good match for you,” Mr. Evans answered. He wasn’t overly protective like most fathers were.

As they walked away, Mrs. Evans whispered discreetly to Lily, “He’s also quite a looker, too.” This made Lily blush but also giggle. It was good to share moments like this with her mother, even if they made her slightly uncomfortable.

James watched Lily walk away, forcing himself to think that he would see her in a few days. He walked over to his parents with Sirius following. He was coming home with James for the holidays.

Mr. Potter looked at James and said, “You were right, James. She is very beautiful.”

“Yes, she is. And guess what, Dad? She’s going to be Mrs. Potter someday. I guarantee it,” James answered, confidently.

Mr. Potter smiled and the family walked away, all thinking that by the looks of things, James was right.