Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Not Another Teen Love Story by 365 letters_ryan gosling 20

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Well, the last chapter!! I hope you enjoy! Seeing as this story is rated 3rd-5th years, I can't put too much of the wedding night in it, but I got the beginning. Everyone knows where it goes from there anyway...
Chapter 18
Epilogue
A Wedding to Remember

“O my gosh, Rache. I’m so scared to do this,” Lily said, her hands trembling with nervousness as she stared at herself in her beautiful white wedding dress.

Rachel turned to Lily after applying her own makeup, letting out a huge gasp and dropping everything to the floor. She stood there with her mouth gaping open before she could form coherent speech. “Lily, you look…extremely beautiful.”

Lily blushed crimson. “Do you really think so? What if James doesn’t like it?”

Rachel then burst out laughing. “Honey, trust me, James will LOVE it. In fact, he probably won’t be able to wait to get you out of it.”

Lily blushed again but smiled. They had waited so long for this night and it was almost here. She was unbearably nervous but also overwhelmingly excited at the same time. James had been so impatient about this for a long time (well, they both had been actually) but he had always respected her wishes. Sometimes they came close to crossing the line but James, ever the gentleman, always stopped them.

Lily turned and took another look in the mirror. She had to admit, Rachel was right. She did look wonderful. She had minimal makeup on, as usual, except for a slight gloss to her lips that made them look fuller. Her hair was piled on top of her head with some pieces completely straightened and some pieces curly. Lily had been afraid that this hair style would look too messy for her wedding but they had controlled it enough to look elegant.

Lily became lost in her thoughts about her future. They had planned to go into Auror training together so having children would definitely have to wait. Lily was slightly disappointed but excited to be going into a career that had always intrigued her. But still, she could not get the image out of her head of little messy-haired children running through the house. She imagined the boys looking exactly like James and being the heartthrobs of school, just like their father. She imagined the girls looking like her and being natural beauties. She imagined James and her watching their children play in the yard as they sat on a bench, cuddling. She hoped that they stayed as much in love as they were now for the rest of their lives. As she thought about it, she didn’t doubt that that would be true for a second.

She was brought out of her reverie by the sound of wedding music and she knew it was time to go down. As she walked down the stairs to the sanctuary of the church, she spotted James at the doors to the aisle. Her heart stopped and her breath caught in her chest. He looked so wonderful she felt like swooning right there on the spot. But she restrained herself and continued to walk down the stairs. When James heard her step onto the floor at the foot of the stairs, he turned to spot her. Now it was his turn to become temporarily incapacitated. He could not believe how beautiful Lily looked…well, he could, but this was extraordinary. When he was able to speak, he said, “Lily, you look so beautiful. Did I ever tell you I am the luckiest person in the world?”

Lily blushed, but replied, “I beg to differ, James. I’m the one that is lucky.” She leaned up to whisper in his ear, “You don’t look to bad yourself.”

James chuckled but felt his whole body turn warm. The feel of her body against his and her breath against his ear made him wish that the ceremony was over so he could have her all to himself. He had waited so long, but he knew Lily wanted this wedding to be perfect. It would be better not to rush things. Lily linked his arm through his and he knew it was time to go. Rachel opened the double doors for them to walk through. There was a collective gasp as all realized that the groom was walking the bride down the aisle. Then, everyone started crying silently at the sweetness and sadness of it. Lily could hear many women murmuring and she knew they were telling each other why her father wasn’t walking her down. She bit back tears but became happy again when she looked over at James. A smile spread across her face as she realized what was happening…she was getting married…to James Potter!
_________________________________________________________________

After the wedding ceremony, the ecstatic couple and all the guests made their way out to the makeshift reception hall. It was held outside, seeing as it was a beautiful day in the beginning of July. Sticking to their promise to each other, they had gotten married two weeks after graduating and they couldn’t be happier. As they sat down at the bridal party table, they did not notice anyone else around them. They were extremely happy to be together and Lily was even happier that she was now Mrs. James Potter. As they sat staring at each other, not even eating, they were aware of the DJ speaking. They, as one, turned to look and noticed that he was calling for them to go out to the dance floor for their first dance as man and wife.

James stood up, gallantly reaching for Lily’s hand. “May I have this dance, Mrs. Potter?”

Lily, still in a happy daze, said dreamily, “Of course you can, James.” She stood up and followed him out to the wooden dance floor. When they got there, James wrapped his arm around her waist as she wrapped hers around his neck. She had no idea what the song would be, seeing as James had insisted upon picking it. When the song started, she still did not know what it was but it was beautiful. As they swayed to the music, James sang the song in her ear, but only loud enough for her to hear.

Every time our eyes meet
This feeling inside me
Is almost more than I can take
And baby when you touch me
I can feel how much you love me
And it just blows me away

I’ve never been this close to anyone
Or anything
I can hear your thoughts
I can feel your dreams

I don’t know how you do what you do
I’m so in love with you
And it just keeps getting better
I wanna spend the rest of my life with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby I’m amazed by you


As the next section of the song played, shivers went up and down her back as James sang it to her.

The smell of your skin
The taste of your kiss
The way you whisper
In the dark
Your hair all around me
Baby you surround me
You touch everyplace in my heart
Oh it feels like the first time
Everytime
I wanna spent the whole night
In your eyes

I don’t know how you do what you do
I’m so in love with you
And it just keeps getting better
I wanna spend the rest of my life
With you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby I’m amazed by you


Now at the end of the song, they stopped swaying and James pulled back to see Lily with tears in her eyes. “Lily, I’m amazed by you.” Then, he pulled her into a kiss. Unaware of everyone watching them, they allowed the kiss to go deeper and deeper until James was about to throw her onto the dance floor and make love to her there. Then, everyone started cheering and clapping and they realized where they were. When they pulled back, they stared at each other for a few minutes, reveling in their love for each other. However, they were interrupted when they heard Sirius yell, “See, Remus? I told you they were animals.” James and Lily just threw back their heads and laughed.

After dancing to a few more songs, the couple was getting more and more impatient. When at last they could take it more, James made an announcement. “Well, everyone, it has been nice visiting with everyone but we really must go now. We’ll be gone for a week, so do not try to contact us,” James said, staring pointedly at Sirius.

The moment he was done, Lily grabbed his arm and ran with him out of the tent to their limousine. “Well now they have no doubt why we left early, Lils,” James said, but chuckled at the same time.

Lily turned to him with a seductive look on her face and walked closer to him. “And they’ll be right, right?”

James began to stutter, making Lily happy with the effect she undoubtedly had on him. “I-I-I guess, y-y-yeah,” James managed to utter.

Lily smiled and said, “Good.” She pulled him into the car with her and their chauffeur drove them to the Floo Network they would be traveling from.
_________________________________________________________________

When they arrived in Paris, Lily’s dream honeymoon spot (James could really care less where they went), they ran to the hotel, got their key and ran to their room. When they reached their door, James couldn’t take it anymore. Lily was pushed up against the door and James began to kiss her heatedly. The moment his tongue went in her mouth, all protests she had thought of went out the window. The kiss began to get more passionate and James’ jacket was soon discarded. When James started kissing Lily’s neck, she realized where they were. “Ummm, James, I think we should go into the room to continue this,” she managed to get out through the stupor she was currently in. James managed to get the key in the hole as quick as possible and ran into the room. Their luggage was already there and James turned to Lily and smiled. Right before he kissed her, she made him wait. “I have something for you.” And before he could protest, she grabbed a bag and ran into the bathroom. James sat down on the bed, trying his best to calm his heart. His attempts failed, especially when the bathroom door swung open and he saw what Lily had for him.

She had on an emerald green gown that went down mid-thigh. It hardly had any top to it (not that he was complaining) and it was completely silk. He could not wait to feel what the gown was like under his hands. He reached for her, kissing her even more heatedly than he had in the hall and his pants, shirt and shoes were thrown away in the process. Then, he decided he wanted to take things slow. It was their first time and he wanted to savor the moment. He laid Lily on the bed gently, climbing on top of her. Before kissing her again, he said, “I’m so in love with you, Lils.”
_________________________________________________________________

After they were done an hour later, James was cradling Lily in his arms. “Was it worth the wait, James?” Lily asked, breathlessly.

James smiled and recalled the best time he had ever had in his life. “Yes, it was, Lils. Definitely. It felt better than flying.”

Lily laughed. “So, you’re glad we waited?”

“Of course I am, Lily. I think it was better this way. What do you think?” James asked.

“James, I’ve never felt more loved in my life,” she said, recalling the things he whispered to her over the past hour. “I am so glad we waited. I don’t think our wedding night would have felt like this if we had done it before, you know?”

“Yeah. I’m glad we didn’t fall for the temptation all those times that we got so close, Lils. This was definitely a special thing; it’s not something that should just be done in the heat of the moment.”

Before they both drifted off to sleep, Lily said, “I love you with all of my heart, James.”

“I love you more,” he replied.

“Impossible,” Lily whispered.
_________________________________________________________________

James and Lily really did love each other as much as they did when they were married until their deaths. Even though they died at such a young age, their relationship was not an ordinary one. They were not like a lot of teenagers, getting caught up in the moment and throwing away their purity when they got the chance. They waited and were much happier because of it. Take a lesson from them: that moment should be savored, not seen as just another thing to do. The choice that they made separated them from most teenagers and that is why this is…
not another teen love story.

A/N: Song credit goes to LoneStar "Amazed"