Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Not Another Teen Love Story by 365 letters_ryan gosling 20

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Okay, well I think I may have gone a little fast in this chapter...but why drag it out?? Feedback is appreciated!!!
Chapter 6
Six Wasted Years

Lily found it was easier being James’ girlfriend then she thought it would be. They hadn’t even kissed yet but it was okay with her. She enjoyed just getting to know him first. If they didn’t kiss and ended up breaking up, she believed it wouldn’t hurt as bad. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to kiss him, but she was still a little hesitant. She was still having a little bit of doubts. It wasn’t everyday that she went out with the guy she had hated for six years.

Much of the first weeks of school contained James and Lily sitting next to each other in classes and at meals. They also had night patrols on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. James and Lily were getting to know each other so well that they could practically finish each other’s sentences after the first month of school. Their friends had taken to giving them their time alone together so as to make up for six lost years. It seemed that everyday Lily’s doubts were starting to continually fade away.

James did not even notice that Lily was still having some doubts about going out with him. He was extremely ecstatic about their relationship; he didn’t think he had been this happy in years.

One day in NEWT Transfiguration, James and Lily were passing notes back and forth, trying their best not to let McGonagall see.

James: Hey, Lils. What’s up?

Lily: Ummmm…what do you think is up? I’m bored to death…what’s McGonagall even talking about?

James: Oh, something about Animagi.


James still had not told Lily about where Sirius, Peter, and himself went on full moons and knew right now would be the right time either. However, she knew just about everything else about him. When Lily had told him about her sister Petunia, he just could not fathom how anyone could hate Lily. This past month had been the best month of his life and it was all because of her. He wasn’t sure if Lily liked him as much as he liked her, but he didn’t care. She was his and that was all that mattered.

He looked over at her and was surprised at how she could captivate him every time he looked at her. He had looked at her so much, he thought the shock of how beautiful she was would wear off after a while but it seemed the shock seemed to grow each time.

He watched as she took notes furiously. He loved how her brow furrowed slightly when she was writing. He watched how her hair turned different shades of red as it reflected the lights. Suddenly, she looked over and their eyes locked. He could not get over how beautiful her green eyes were. It was all he could do not to reach over, grab her chin and kiss her right there in class. But so far he had respected her wishes. He could see that she was still a little bit hesitant and he didn’t want to make her feel uncomfortable. Just as quick as she had turned towards him, she turned back to her notes but grabbed their note instead.

Lily: Why are you staring at me like that, James?

She couldn’t deny she wasn’t flattered by his stare, but she wasn’t used to it being so intense. She had almost wanted to kiss him when he stared at her like that. Why shouldn’t you, Lily? He is your boyfriend. She didn’t want to sound old-fashioned but she believed that if James wanted to kiss her, he would make the first move. However, just then James threw the letter back to her.

James: Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?

James enjoyed the slight blush that spread over Lily’s cheeks when he said things like that. He then realized Lily had written back rather quickly.

Lily: No, but thank you James.

James took that as the end of their conversation as she was hunched back over her notes. He smiled again. She’s mine. All mine.
_________________________________________________________________

As everyone was seated at lunch later, James leaned over to speak to Lily.

“Hey, Lils. Do you want to go out tonight?” James asked hopefully.

“James, we have patrol tonight, remember?” Lily replied.

James face broke out in a smile. “Exactly.”

Lily hated it when James spoke cryptically like that, but she loved it at the same time. She still had not told him her true feelings for him but she wanted to wait for the perfect opportunity. She didn’t want to pressure him into saying it back to her.
_________________________________________________________________

Later that night, Lily and James left their Head dorms and started on their patrol. Their patrols would have been unbearable if they had not had each other to talk to. They never found anyone in the corridors so it made their job pointless.

Tonight, Lily could see the mischievous glint in James’ eye. No matter how much she wanted to know what he was up to, she wouldn’t ask him. She’d just have to wait. She didn’t have to wait long.

He pulled out a silvery cloak which she knew was his Invisibility Cloak. He had told her sometime in the past month that he had one.

“C’mon, Lils,” James said.

She had told her friends that could no longer call her “Lils”. This was now James’ special nickname for her. Despite her reluctance to neglect her duties, she smiled and got under the cloak with him.

Lily and James found out just how small the cloak was when they both tried to fit under it. Lily’s heart rate started to increase rapidly. She could feel James’ breath on her neck. She looked over at him and smiled at the joyful look on his face. He looked over at her and as their gazes locked, they stopped right in the middle of the corridor. James lifted his hand to her face and then to her hair and stroked it with his hand. Her eyes fluttered closed at the touch of him.

When her eyes opened, James asked a silent question with his eyes. She nodded. He then did what he had been longing to do for a long time.

His lips touched hers briefly. Just as he was about to pull away, her hands went around his neck and began to play with the hair at the nape of his neck. A pleasant shiver ran down his spine and he felt a passion come over him that he had never felt before. He bent back down and kissed her more passionately. He was pleasantly surprised when her tongue traced his lips and he made entrance for her.

He began to realize that if he didn’t brace himself soon, his legs would weaken so much that he would fall. So, he took Lily’s waist in his hands and nudged her slightly towards the wall. He pushed her up against the wall and braced his hands on either sides of her.

They continued to kiss until Lily’s hands ended up wound through James’ hair and James felt like he was going to burst and start kissing her neck, they felt the urgent need to breathe. They broke apart and stared into each other’s eyes, searching for what the other was feeling.
Lily could see that James was shocked that Lily had let him kiss her like that but also that he was extremely happy that he got to kiss her like that. James could see that Lily was a little confused at what she was feeling but he was happy that she wasn’t mad at him. He saw something in her eyes that he could not place. If he didn’t know any better, he would have thought that it was love. But it couldn’t be…could it? As James looked at Lily and saw just how blessed he was to have her, he regretted the six years that he had wasted without her. I’ll just have to make that up to her in the future…Whoa, slow down, James. You’re thinking like you’re going to end up marrying her or something. This led to thoughts about what their kids might look like and how he could spend the rest of his life with her. This made him so ecstatic that he didn’t even realize what words came out of his mouth until they were out.

“I love you, Lils.”