Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Not Another Teen Love Story by 365 letters_ryan gosling 20

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This was rejected the first time but I hope it's to everyone's likings. It was kind of a filler chap b/c I needed one with more of Sirius and Remus and Lily's friends in it. Please review!!!
Chapter 8
Rejected For the First Time

The weeks went on and Lily and James were as happy as could be. As time went on, however, James began to realize how little time he was spending with his friends. One Saturday, he decided to spend the day with Sirius and Remus (Peter just hadn’t been around a lot lately) and catch up.

So, the three walked out to the lake on a chilly October day and skipped rocks while chatting.

“How are you and Lily, James?” Remus asked.

“Wonderful. She’s more than I ever imagined she was, Remus. I mean, before, I looked at her imagining what it would be like to be her boyfriend but now I know how it really feels. It’s absolutely great, Remus,” James replied, softly and with a faraway look in his eyes. “But enough about me. What’s been going on with you two?”

“Nothing, really. Just excited about Hogsmeade…it’s coming up, you know,” Sirius replied, glancing at Remus.

“Oh, I totally forgot about that. I’ve been so busy with…stuff,” James said, blushing.

“Well, Moony and I set a little wager. We’re going to try and get dates to Hogsmeade this time instead of going stag. If I get one before he does, he has to French Rachel,” Sirius said, self-satisfactorily.

“And you agreed to that, Moony?” James asked, disbelievingly.

“Yea, I did. I knew Padfoot couldn’t come up with anything smarter than snogging, so…” Remus’ voice trailed off, waiting for Sirius to catch on to his insult.

James chuckled softly as they sat there and watched Sirius contemplating.

A full minute later, Sirius threw a stick at Remus’ head. “Gosh, Moony, I can’t believe you’d say something like that. That hurt,” Sirius said, mock painfully.

“Well, Moony, we all know you’ve had your eye set on Rachel for a long time,” James said while Remus flushed. Sirius tried to say something agreeably but James cut him off. “And, Padfoot, if you stared at Kimmy any harder, your eyes might pop out of your head and roll around on the floor.”

At first, Sirius began to get angry but then realized James was probably right. So, he resorted to looking passive and turned toward the lake to skip another rock.

“So, have you two had any luck so far?” James asked.

Sirius’ face got red and he began to stutter. “Uh…uh…ummm…well…uh…”

He would have gone on like this forever if James had not interrupted him. “That’s code for ‘I haven’t tried yet’, huh? Padfoot, I am astonished! I might have expected this from Moony but not from you,” James said, jokingly.

“Well, actually…” Sirius began but then broke off and began to stare off into space. James scrutinized Sirius’ face carefully and saw that he was a little sorrowful. This was incredibly weird for Sirius seeing as he was always the cheerful one no matter what the circumstances.

James turned to Remus. “Did I say something wrong?” James asked.

Remus first looked to Sirius and then back to James. He began to chucke lightly. James waited, slightly impatiently, for Remus to stop so he could tell him what was going on.

“Sorry, James,” Remus said. “It’s just that Sirius got rejected for the first time yesterday.”

“Why didn’t he tell me?” James said, now with a slight grin on his face at the way Sirius was reacting. Of course, he understood. Sirius always had luck with girls. Even if he asked a girl out who had a boyfriend, she would say yes and break up with said boyfriend just to go out with the “infamous” Sirius Black.

“Well, he was afraid you would laugh at him like I did,” Remus said, slightly ashamed. “I just couldn’t help it. He came into the dormitory, looking like he might be about to cry. I freaked out, thinking someone had died or something. Then, to find out he was so melancholic over a girl rejecting him…it was quite funny.”

“I’m sure it was, Moony, I’m sure it was,” James said, slightly perturbed that he had missed it, but all the while with a smile on his face. He then decided to turn back to see that Sirius’ face had slightly returned to its usual cheerfulness. “Alright, Padfoot. What happened?”

“I went to the common room to find Kimmy, of course, to ask her to Hogsmeade. When I saw her, I panicked. She looked so pretty and I was so afraid she would say no to me. I tried to shake it off and I continued to walk over to her. She was sitting with Leah and they were chatting about something. When I got there, I bloody lost it and ended up asking Leah out instead. She said no because she’s going out with some Muggle…Finnigan, I think his name is. But, it was an honest mistake. I guess I must really like Kimmy because I just could not ask her out for fear of rejection. Based on my prior luck, I don’t even know why I was worried. Anyway, I’m not interested in Leah that way in the least bit. Not that she isn’t pretty, but…I really like Kimmy, Prongs.”

The look on James’ face softened considerably as he could totally understand where Sirius was coming from. He was always nervous when he asked Lily out, with good reason. It seemed like she was never going to say yes. But then she asked him to be her boyfriend. I don’t deserve her, James thought, as he looked back on how nice and beautiful she was. He then realized he was straying from the subject at hand and snapped back to attention.

“I’m sorry, Padfoot. I know how it must feel. But you can’t give up. I never did and it worked out for me. Of course, it took six years, but Lils has always hated me. Kimmy doesn’t hate you, at least. Just give it a shot,” James said, encouragingly.

“You know what, Prongs? I think I will,” Sirius replied.
_________________________________________________________________

At the same time the guys were down at the lake talking about girls, the girls were in the common room talking about guys.

“So, how are you and James, Lily?” Leah asked, curiously.

“We’re great, Leah. He is such an awesome person…I can’t believe I used to be so mean to him. But he genuinely cares about me. Also, he’s a great kisser,” Lily added, mischievously. She figured she wouldn’t tell them she loved him yet. They might think it was a little too soon, but she knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that she loved him.

The girls squealed when they heard this with Alice adding, “I figured he would be.” Normally, this comment would be weird but Alice was always the blunt person of the group.

“Anyway, what about you, Rachel? Have you found a guy yet?” Lily asked, knowing full well that Rachel liked Remus. She could just tell.

Rachel flushed. “No, not yet. But tomorrow at breakfast, I plan on asking one to Hogsmeade,” she added, shyly.

“You? I’ve never known you to be a bold person,” Alice said, skeptically.

“Well, why wait? I’ve liked him for a long time. If I ask him now and he rejects me, then I can move on,” Rachel said, passively.

Yet Lily knew that Remus would never refuse Rachel. She had feelings that were usually right about these things. She turned to Leah but didn’t ask her how her and Robert Finnigan were doing. She had a radiant glow about her and you could tell they were doing just fine. Lily thought it was cute that she was going out with him. Lily had introduced the two; Robert was an extremely nice guy and not that bad-looking either. Not as cute as James…. Lily smiled at the thought. If she had any thoughts like that last year, she would have been scared out of her mind. But now they were a normal thing for her.

Lily then turned to Kimmy but the answer did not need to be asked. She knew what was going to be asked and answered before anyone said anything.

“Guys, I’ll tell you who I like but you can’t tell anyone,” Kimmy said, softly.

All of the girls looked at her eagerly even though they all knew who it was. They just wanted to hear her say it.

“Well…I like Sirius Black,” Kimmy said, blushing the whole time but smiling.

All the girls squealed and began talking about their crushes and boyfriends. They all realized that they needed to have this girl talk more often. But no matter what they talked about, Lily still could not get her mind off that messy haired boy sitting by the lake. No wonder she had a big smile on her face the whole time.