Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Not Another Teen Love Story by 365 letters_ryan gosling 20

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I know this took a while and I'm sorry. I have so much going on at school right now. Well, this is the chapter that the bet between Remus and Sirius is resolved. Next chapter will be all James and Lily. Read and review!!
Chapter 9
Rachel and Remus?!

It was the morning after the day down at the lake and it seemed as if the Marauders were closer than ever.

“James, hunny, get up,” Sirius sang, sickly sweet and clearly sarcastic. “There’s a certain redhead waiting for you in the Common Room and I think she’s going to pee herself if you don’t get down there quick.”

Hearing this, James jumped up out of the bed extremely quick and dressed at lightning speed. The next thing Sirius knew, James rushed past him and out of the door.

“Wow, he really must have missed her yesterday,” Sirius said, chuckling. He then turned to Remus’ four-poster bed and smiled. “Remy poo, time to get up. Guess what? Hogsmeade is this Saturday and the bet has still not been resolved. Well, that will all change today,” he said mischievously, his plan forming in his mind.

“Yup, because I’m asking Rachel this morning,” Remus said with a little bravado. Sirius could tell he was unbearably nervous.

“Well, we’ll see. If you don’t crap yourself in the process,” Sirius muttered.
_________________________________________________________________

Lily stood down in the Common Room tapping her foot impatiently but with a smile on her face. She was staring up at the boys’ dormitory door waiting for James to emerge. She would never admit this to her friends, but she had missed James terribly the previous day. As she saw him run down the stairs breathless, she could tell he had missed her too.

Her smile got wider as he came closer. “Hey, sweetie,” Lily said flirtatiously. She didn’t know where these things came from, but since she had started going out with James, she had become a lot more flirtatious and vixen-like. She walked slowly up to him and began to trace the lines on his face with her finger. She heard his breath hitch slightly and enjoyed immensely the effect she had on him. “Miss me yesterday?” Lily muttered as she continued to trace his face and trailed down to his lips.

“Y-Y-Yea, a lot,” James said, trying desperately to keep his eyes open. He looked down at her face and studied it before realizing if he didn’t kiss her down, he might explode. He leaned down closer to her and enveloped her lips with his. They stood there for a few minutes with just their lips on each other, not really kissing, just touching. Then, the lack of movement became too little for James. He began to move his lips slightly against Lily’s until he felt her begin to kiss him back.

He traced her lips with his tongue until she allowed him in. When she felt him exploring her mouth, a slight moan escaped her involuntarily. It still amazed her how helpless and oblivious James made her feel when he kissed her. But she loved it.

James felt her tongue push back against his and realized that was the first time she had ever done that. A shiver ran down his spine and he began to kiss her harder and more passionately.

They stood there kissing for what seemed like hours until James began to hear warning bells in his head. If he didn’t stop soon, his hands would wander places that Lily would probably not appreciate and he would go farther than he knew him and Lily were ready for. He pulled back reluctantly, ignoring Lily’s sound of protest.

“I really missed you yesterday, Lils,” James said huskily, not really recognizing his own voice.

Lily began to blush and realized how much she had missed him, too. “I love you, James,” Lily whispered breathlessly. These words just came naturally to her now and as she said them, she saw a huge smile spread across James’ face. How she loved that smile. The smile that melted all the girls’ hearts.

“I love you, too Lily,” James replied and kissed her on the temple, sending an electric shock through Lily’s body. “Let’s go down to breakfast, I’m starving.”

So, the pair joined hands and walked down the stairs to the Great Hall, feeling as if they were floating on air.
_________________________________________________________________

Remus and Sirius were sitting at breakfast only a few minutes when Sirius got up to use the restroom. Remus saw this as his golden opportunity. He was about to get up and walk to the girls’ seats when he saw Rachel walking towards him. Wow, perfect timing, he thought as he realized just how beautiful Rachel really was. He didn’t even realize he was staring until Rachel waved her hand in his face, calling his name.

“Remus, are you alright?” she asked, concerned.

Remus smiled. “Yea, I’m fine,” he hesitated before asking, “Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?”

Rachel blushed when she saw the serious and sincerity in his eyes. “No, but thank you, Remus.” As she stood and looked at him, she realized it was now or never. “Umm, Remus, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure, Rachel,” Remus replied, smiling.

“Well…are you going with anyone to Hogsmeade this Saturday?” Rachel asked hesitantly, looking at the floor.

Remus’ heart began to pound. This isn’t the way it’s supposed to happen…I’m supposed to ask her! He then realized he hadn’t responded. “No. Why?” he asked politely.

“I was just wondering if you wanted to go with me,” Rachel asked, looking as if she could just die of embarrassment.

Remus smiled and realized he didn’t care that she asked. He still got to go with her and that’s all that mattered. “Of course. I would love to go with you, Rachel,” Remus replied, his smile a mile wide.

“Great!” she exclaimed and practically skipped back to her seat.

Remus turned back to his food, extremely ecstatic. He was so happy, in fact, he hadn’t realized Sirius had come back, looking extremely happy also.

“So, Moony, I just asked Kimmy to Hogsmeade and she said yes!” Sirius said, looking like he was about to burst with excitement.

“Yeah, I’m going with Rachel, too. It looks like we have a tie,” Remus said, self-satisfactorily.

“Yeah? What happened when you asked her?” Sirius asked, curious.

“Oh, I didn’t. She asked me,” Remus said, before he thought about the words coming out of his mouth.

She asked you?” Sirius asked. “You’re such a coward,” Sirius said, but good naturedly.

“Am not!” Remus responded, indignantly.

“Okay, if you’re not, go kiss Rachel,” Sirius said.

“Alright, I will,” Remus responded, so desperate to prove himself, he hadn’t realized what he had just agreed to until he walked up to Rachel. “Umm…Rachel?”

She stood up and looked at Remus carefully. “Yes?” She tried to hide the fear from her voice, thinking that he was about to break the date off with her.

Remus looked at her for a minute and realized he really wanted to do this. He leaned down slowly, far too slowly for Rachel’s liking, and softly, but tenderly, kissed her.