Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

This Is How the Story Ends by venusgreenight

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Thank you to ALL the people who have reviewed so far! YOU ARE MY HEROES!!! and if YOU would like to be my hero too, all you gotta do is review. *sings* I NEEDA HEEEEROOOOO!!! um ::cough:: sorry 'bout that...



THE GRAY MARE, THE BETTER HORSE

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day’s
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with all my childhood faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,¯I love thee with the breadth,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!”and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning


“…To have and to hold all the days of your life?”

“I do,” was Angelina’s breathless reply. Fred swiveled slightly, looking at George, his best man. There was an awkward pause.

“The ring!” Fred hissed. George’s eyes lit up.

“Oh, right,” he mouthed, sticking a hand into his coat pocket. The awkward pause got longer. George fumbled around in his coat pocket, an anxious look on his face. His motions became frantic. He checked his breast pockets, the inside of his coat, his back pockets; no ring. Fred’s eyes widened in panic. Angelina shifted uncomfortably. A couple of people coughed in the audience. Fred stepped over to his best man, feeling through the jacket himself. Suddenly George stuck his hand up his sleeve and pulled out the gold diamond ring.

“Here it is,” he whispered, a mischievous grin on his face. Fred wanted to hit his brother over the head but thought better of it. With annoyance, he stepped back onto the alter, holding the ring delicately in-between his thumb and forefinger. Angelina sighed in relief. Smiling consolingly, Fred took Angelina’s hand and placed the ring on her finger.

“I love you,” he murmured.

“I love you too,” she replied, grasping his hand with hers.

“I now proclaim you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

There was no hesitation there.

The organ played as Fred and Angelina, now Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, walked triumphantly back down the aisle. Molly Weasley sobbed noisily in the front row.

George processed down the aisle after Fred, arm linked with the Maid of Honor, Katie Bell. Alicia Spinnet and Lee Jordon were right behind.

The reception in the Weasley’s garden quite easily fit all of the wedding guests. Molly had insisted that the family move now that they had the money to do so. After all, the Minister couldn’t live in an old shack like the Burrow.

The night was pitch black as Harry and Luna sat at one of the tables off to the side of a small fishpond, sipping from champagne flutes. Soft music floated through the yard. Ron sidled over sitting down across from them, humming a tune. On his face he had a curious expression, taut with stress. The soft glow from the many candles lighting the garden accented his freckles and handsome face.

“Don’t look so worried,” Harry commented. “The wedding wasn’t nearly as good as yours.”

Ron chuckled, his eyes flickering through the crowd of people mingling about.

“Oh, Harry,” Luna said suddenly, resting a hand on his arm. “Let’s dance.”

“Haven’t we danced enough at all of the other weddings?” Harry remarked, gazing into her pale eyes. Luna winked.

“Well, yes, but I like to take advantage of all the times that I’m not walking around with Lily on my hip.” She glanced over at Minerva McGonagall who was rocking a sleeping Lily in her arms.

Harry raised an eyebrow and smiled. He stood and bowed deeply at Luna.

“Madame, would you care to dance?” Harry extended his arm to his wife. Luna smiled and nodded her head in reply, getting to her feet and linking her arm in his. Together they walked over to the dance floor.

With Luna in his arms, Harry swayed back and forth, absorbed in the romantic swirl of flickering candlelight.

“Harry,” Luna said softly.

“Hmm?”

“What was bothering you earlier? You’ve been looking so stressed.”

Harry sighed, looking into her mesmerizing eyes.

“Cornelius Fudge was murdered yesterday.”

“Oh, that’s horrible,” Luna gasped.

“Worse still, I just know he was murdered by Wormtail.” Luna’s face, already showing shock, changed to that of horror.

“But…what reason does he have?” she breathed.

“I...don’t know,” Harry replied slowly. “Anyway, Arthur’s asked me to find the murderer.”

“Really?” Luna said, her eyes flashing concern. “But…Wormtail...”

“Honey, I had to battle plenty right after Voldemort’s death. Why should this be any different?”

“You can never be too careful, dearest. You can never be too careful.”

Harry smiled. Luna rested her head on his shoulder. “I love you,” she whispered. Harry turned his head and planted a kiss in her hair.

“I know.”



Reviewism of the day:

Hermione Granger: "Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean you don't have to REVIEW."

lol. I'd take her advice if I were you.