Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

This Is How the Story Ends by venusgreenight

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
They say, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. Well, that's what this chapter is like. This is when it really gets good. *grins evilly* I hope you enjoy and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Here is my gift to you, I suppose...



FURTIVE CONFESSIONS AND CASULATIES

“Has he said anything about it to you?” Harry asked Arthur, staring intently across the office at him.

Arthur sighed and shook his head.

“If Ron’s not comfortable with confessing who he thinks the murderer is, there’s nothing I can do about it.”

“What about a Truth Potion?” Harry said angrily. “That’ll make him talk!”

“Harry, we’re talking about your best friend and my son, here. He’s not a criminal on trial.”

Harry was silent for a couple of seconds. Suddenly, he snapped his fingers.

“Dorcus Methuselah! I know where that name’s from!”

“Dorcus? Why she was a member of the”“

“Wizengamot!” Harry finished. “That’s it! Maybe that’s out proof that the murderer is trying to wipe out a whole bunch of people involved with the trials! But if only Ron would tell me who it is!”

“Why don’t you try and talk to him again,” Arthur suggested. “Calmly and rationally, mind you. That is, if you can handle that.”

Harry rolled his eyes.

“Of course I can. I’ll talk to him tonight. At his house. Catch him by surprise, if you know what I mean.”

Arthur raised an eyebrow.

“He’s not a criminal, Harry.”

“I know that.” Harry stood and swept out of the office.

That evening, determined to coax from Ron who the murderer was, Harry dropped Lily off with Molly Weasley because Luna wasn’t home yet and apparated strait to Ron’s house.

The sky was dark and starless as Harry strode up Ron and Hermione’s front path. Half way up the walk, Harry heard a voice behind him.

“Harry! Wait up!” It was Hermione, walking up behind him.

“Hi,” Harry said.

“I just got off of work. Why are you here?” she asked. Harry scowled.

“Don’t I have a right to be here? Or am I not welcome any more?” He had been in a bad mood all day. Hermione looked at him with an expression of concern.

“Of course,” she replied, backing off. “I was just wondering if there was a reason…oh never mind.”

Harry turned and opened the house door and stepped inside. Suddenly a loud cackle of laughter rang through the house. Harry froze in his steps, his hand still on the doorknob. With Hermione right behind, he crept into the entrance, peering around and into the living room. Hermione gasped quietly.

Standing forebodingly in the living room with its back to Harry and Hermione, was a hooded figure dressed in black. Ron stood in front of the figure, a look of complete horror on his face. His wild eyes flickered over at Harry and Hermione.

“Bye bye, Ronald Weasley,” the figure said in a soft malicious voice. And with that, it raised an arm, wand in hand, and hissed, “Avada Kedavera.”

There was a blinding flash of green light.

“NO!” Hermione screamed behind Harry. Ron crumpled to the floor with a muffled thump. Hermione shoved Harry aside and sprinted across the room. Before the figure in black could turn around, Harry whipped his wand out of his pocket and bellowed the first spell that came to mind.

“Avada Kedavera!”

The person in black fell to the floor. But Harry didn’t even glance at it. He dashed over to Hermione’s side, where she knelt on the floor next to the limp form of Ron. From the devastated look on Hermione’s face, Harry knew the answer immediately. But he didn’t want to believe it. He pushed Hermione aside. With shaking fingers he felt Ron’s neck for a pulse. Harry’s pounding heart interfered with his judgment. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t feel Ron’s pulse. Harry began to scream with fury, feeling Ron’s wrist, his heart. Nothing.

Hermione was trembling at Harry’s side.

“No, no, no…” she moaned, rocking back and forth, her hands to her mouth and shinning tears in her eyes. Suddenly she gave a wail and flung herself onto Ron’s body, crying his name.

Harry buried his head in his hands; tears running silently down his own face. He suddenly felt inhumanly cold. He was quivering with sorrow, anger, and grief. Bile rose in his throat as he whipped around and glared blurry eyed at the black-cloaked body on the floor behind them.

“Wormtail!” he hissed.

Wispy blonde hair peeked out from under the hood. Harry leaned over and picked the hood off of the face.

Luna’s pale, blank gaze stared up at him.



Reviewism of the day (*crowds cheer*):
Rubeus Hagrid:
"I'm not blamin' yeh...but I gotta tell yeh, I thought you two'd value REVIEWS more'n broomsticks or rats. Tha's all."

Thanks to all my peeps!