Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To See You Through The Dark by Narwen3

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I wish the characters were my creation, but they belong to JKR.




An hour later, the class was packing their things after a review lesson in transfiguring pincushions to porcupines. Harry’s was covered in bright colored pins and Ron’s had no legs. As Harry started to leave, Professor McGonagall stepped in front of him.

“Mr. Potter, may I have a word with you?”

Harry looked up confused. “Sure Professor.” Hermione stopped as well.

McGonagall waved her away. “You may leave Miss Granger. I would hate for you to be late to your next class.”

Hermione gave Harry a “what did you do?” look and exited the room quickly.

“What’s going on?” Harry asked McGonagall.

“Oh, you’re not in trouble, Mr. Potter,” she said with a smile. “I’m sure that you are aware the Angelina Johnson graduated last year?”

“Yes,” he said, wondering what she was getting to.

“Her graduating has opened a vacancy in the position of Team Captain for Gryffindor’s quidditch team. I would like you to take over as the next captain.”

“Me?” Harry asked. “Why me?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” McGonagall said. “Rarely have you let your team down, in four years of playing, you’ve only lost two games. So, why not you?”

Harry nodded slowly. “I guess I could be the Captain-”

“Of course you will,” McGonagall interrupted. “As Captain, you will need to assemble a new team, as you know, most of the team has moved on. Also, you must maintain your grades. Anything below an Acceptable is simply, well, not acceptable. If your grades slip, you will be stripped of your position. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes,” Harry replied.

“Good luck then. Oh, and Potter?” she asked as he started to leave. He turned around.

“Yes?”

“See that we win the championship this year. If we do the Cup will be ours permanently. And you know, it really does look good in my office.”

Harry smiled. “Yes ma’am.” McGonagall returned the smile and said, “Go on to your next class, then.”

Harry grinned as he walked down the halls to Charms. So far, it had been a good morning, minus the episode with Ron in the common room. Team Captain. It wasn’t one of the things he had ever imagined himself doing. In fact, he had always thought that Oliver Wood would be captain forever. Even last year with Angelina had been strange and he’d only played in one game. As his thoughts strayed, Harry turned a corner and ran straight into Viktor Krum.

“Krum!” he said. “I mean-er-Professor-“

“No, Harry, please call me Viktor. It makes me feel old to be called Professor.”

“Er-Viktor,” Harry said. “How’ve you been? Congratulations on getting a job here.”

“Thank you,” he replied. “I’ve been good. I would hope that you have too?”

“Oh, you know. It’s been good, bad, pretty much everything. I wish I could stay and talk, but I’m late for Charms.”

Krum nodded. “That’s fine. I wish you luck this year.”

“Thanks,” Harry said, walking away. “You too.” Turning around he came face to face with Snape.

“Skipping classes, are we?’ Snape said in his greasy voice. “That won’t do. I guess I shall have to take ten points from Gryffindor.”

“But Professor,” Harry protested. “I had to talk to McGonagall.”

“No more excuses Potter, or I shall make it fifty.” Snape leered at him. “There is no need for students to put on airs about themselves, especially when they already receive too much attention.”

Harry opened his mouth to retort but Snape cut him off. “Get to class before I get really upset.” And he stormed away.

Harry ran down the hallway to Charms, trying to avoid anyone else who came his way. Panting and redfaced, he uttered a quick apology to Professor Flitwick and took his seat by Hermione. As he did so, Ron stopped whispering to her and doggedly looked away.

“What did McGonagall say?” Hermione asked in hushed tones.

“I’ll tell you later,” he said as Flitwick started to explain the rubric for the year.




“So?” Hermione asked as they headed out of the classroom. Ron hurried ahead to Dean, Seamus and Neville. “What did she want?”

“Not much,” he said, casually walking away. “Only, that I’ve been made Quidditch captain."

“Really!” she squealed. “Harry, that’s great!” she said giving him a hug.

“Yeah, I’m really excited. I’ve got loads of ideas to-“ he was cut off by a drawling voice.

“So, Potter, you’ve been made Captain too?” They turned around to see Malfoy flanked by his goonies, Crabbe and Goyle.

“Yeah, what of it?” he said defensively.

“Oh, nothing at all,” Malfoy said smugly. “It will just be all the more pleasant when Slytherin smashes Gryffindor.”

Hermione snorted. “Yeah right, Malfoy. You’ve not beaten Harry in a single match in three years!”

Draco’s handsome features hardened into a scowl. “Who asked you, Mudblood? Anyway, Potter, I’ll see you on the pitch.” And he strode away as Crabbe and Goyle lumbered behind, cracking their knuckles.

“One day,” Harry said. “I’m gonna kill him.”

“You’ll have to stand in line,” Hermione said maliciously. “I’ll do it first.”




I love writing for you guys. Please give me feedback so I know that you want more!

"Good," he said, cramming what was left of his sandwich into his mouth and swallowing. "I've got to spread the word."

Okay, there wasn't really much good for a spoiler in the next chapter. Never fear, excitement is coming soon. We'll see how these people do when they have to play quidditch. The future of my story is looking good. Or is it bad?