Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To See You Through The Dark by Narwen3

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N I love JKR's work and I respect her too much to claim it as my own.




Rain beat down on the Quidditch pitch. Inside the locker room, Harry sat in his Quidditch robes staring aimlessly at the wall, when the door suddenly opened. With a gale of rain following, Ginny entered the room. "Hello Harry," she said as she shed her coat and started to wring out her long red hair. It was darker than her brothers and it fell to her waist. Walking over to her, Harry brushed its damp mass back from her face.

"Are you ready?" she asked.

"For what?" he said, gazing into her brown eyes.

"Quidditch, moron," she said breaking eye contact. "You are the team captain, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. I guess so."

"Good." She stood on tiptoe to kiss Harry. Lingering slightly longer than necessary, Harry wrapped his arms around her. Behind them, a voice said, "Would you look at this? The captain and the chaser. Caught together, what is it that you Brits use, snogging? This will not do, not at all."

They pulled away quickly and Kyla laughed. "I'm just kidding," she said. "But Ron is coming and he won't be too happy about this."

Ginny nodded. "You're right. I need to change anyhow." Kissing Harry on the cheek, she followed Kyla through the doors to where the girls would change. The door opened again and Colin and Ron entered.

"You ready mate?" Ron called out cheerfully, wiping water from his eyes. Behind him, Colin was shaking with nerves.

"Yeah," Harry said distantly. "Let's do this."




Harry flew over the game waiting for the Snitch. Gryffindor was ahead of Ravenclaw by 150 points and Ginny had scored over half of them. She, Katie and Alicia worked seamlessly as a team. Their passing was fluid, they scored every time that they shot. Kyla was unbeatable, she hit the Bludger with deadly precision and she and Colin had already taken out two of the Ravenclaw players without so much as a penalty. And Ron...Harry had been worried about Ron's playing because of how badly he had done the previous year. Now, he was unstoppable, blocking every shot that they took.

Harry's heart swelled with pride. This indomitable force was his team. The crowd gasped and cheered with each new feat. Seamus Finnigan as the new commentator was thrilled.

"Another brilliant score by Gryffindor Chaser Ginny Weasley, last year the team's Seeker. Ravenclaw Captain and Head Girl looks absolutely furious as Gryffindor is ahead by 160 points!"

Cho was circling above the game, as was Harry, searching for the Snitch. The look of anger on her face was unmistakeable as she flew to one of her Beaters and whispered something in his ear. Out of the corner of his eye, Harry saw him give a small nod of understanding as Cho flew back to where she circled once more. Seeing a glimmer of gold around the Ravenclaw Keeper, Harry sped for it. When he arrived at the center of the pitch, he heard a loud gasp from the crowd. He saw a Bludger heading directly for Ginny who wasn't looking in that direction. Before his eyes, he saw Ginny roll of her broom. As he started to scream out her name, he saw Ginny with her hand and foot clinging to the broom in the Sloth Grip Roll. The Bludger passed safely over her head and Harry breathed a sigh of relief as the crowd went wild. Heading to where he had last seen the Snitch, he realized that Cho was much closer. Leaning over the broom to make himself as aerodynamic as possible, Harry zoomed towards her. As she stretched out her hand, Harry came up, knocked it out of the way, then pulled up with the Snitch firmly grasped in his hand. The crowd of Gryffindors roared as the team gathered together cheering and hugging. He caught up Ginny and kissed her as the team whooped and hollered. Holding her face in his hands, he laughed and said, "Ginny, that was brilliant!"

"What did you expect?" Ron called out. "She's a Weasley!" He hugged Ginny exuberantly. "Good job, Ginny!"

Everyone was congratulating them as they headed to the locker room. However, before going through the door, Harry saw Cho with tears streaming down her face as she walked up to the castle. "I'll be back," he whispered to Ginny. She followed his gaze and looked at him oddly before nodding and saying, "I'll see you in a little bit." He smiled and squeezed her shoulder then ran up the hill.

"Cho! Hey Cho!" She turned around and he finally caught up.

"What do you want now?" she asked bitterly. "Haven't you got everything? You're Quidditch captain with an amazing team and you've got someone who loves you. What could you possibly have to say to me?" She turned back and started towards the school.

"I'm sorry."

She turned to face him. "What?"

He walked to her. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that it didn't work out with us. I'm sorry if I hurt you. I'm sorry that you lost Cedric and it's my fault. He was a far better person than me and it shouldn't have been him. You have every right to be upset with me."

"Oh, Harry. I never blamed you for that." She wiped her eyes on her sleeves.

"Harry, I loved Cedric very much. He was everything to me. I see you look at Ginny the way he looked at me. Last year I was so confused. If I loved Cedric so much, how could I feel so strongly for you? I felt disloyal to him and it was very difficult for me to move on.

Harry smiled a little. "I wasn't the most observant person last year."

Cho laughed through her tears. "No, you weren't. But, let's just say that we were never right for each other."

"It might be rough, Cho, but we can still be friends, can't we?"

Cho shook her head, rolling her eyes with a smile. "Harry Potter, I do believe that you are the only person who can use that line and make it work." She kissed him on the cheek in a friendly way. Gone were the sparks he used to feel, replaced with simple affection. "I'll see you around."

"Bye," Harry said, heading back to the lockers. Ginny stood in the doorway. "I'm glad that you two are friends again," she said gently. He wrapped his arms around her and she rested her head on his shoulder, sighing peacefully. As he bent his head to kiss the top of hers, the thought came to him. I never told her that we were friends again and there's no way she could have seen from here...




A/N Another chapter in. I hope you all like the game. Please don't be mad for making Cho turn out alright in the end. You know, ultimately she's not as bad as we all make her out to be. She deserves a break once in awhile. Thanks to all who reviewed. Keep it up! Want another evil demonic spoiler? Of course you don't.

A bright light flashed and when it was gone, he saw her collapsed on the ground. "Ginny!" he screamed, falling over her body.

Wow, I actually feel bad about giving out that one. Oh well, it will be worth it in the end.