Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To See You Through The Dark by Narwen3

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N Yeah, that last spoiler was a little, well, just read on.




Harry was running through a misty forest. He could hear Ginny's voice calling to him and he was trying to find her. An evil cackle filled the forest and he ran faster. Out of nowhere, a cold voice said, "Ah, did you love him, little baby Potter?"

"No!" he screamed and kept going. Stopping in a clearing, he doubled over, trying to catch his breath. He turned when he heard rustling in the bushes behind him.

"Who's there?" he called. "Come out!"

Ginny walked from the bushes. She wore a floor length white dress, elegantly cut and with softly flowing sleeves. Her hair was down, wild and unruly with a wreath of flowers in it. She was barefoot and she seemed to shimmer with a silver light as she walked towards him.

"Hello, Harry," she whispered, raising up a hand to touch his scar.

"Where are we?" he asked looking around.

She took both his hands in her own. "It doesn't matter where we are. Where are you going?"

"I don't know! Don't act like that!" He tried to pull back but her grip was strong. She pulled him closer.

"If you don't know where you are going," they were nose to nose now. "Why should it matter where you are?"

"Ginny, this isn't funny! Stop!" He stopped struggling against her grip as her eyes went red. A bright light flashed and when it was gone, he saw her collapsed on the ground.

"Ginny!" he screamed, falling over her body.

"She can't hear you."

"YOU!" Bellatrix Lestrange looked at him coldly. "What did you do to her! Why hurt Ginny?"

She smiled. "Through her, we can get to and destroy you. Understand baby Potter, you are marked. Therefore, all who are close to you are in danger." She started to fade into the forest. "Did you ever tell her you loved her? Too late, baby Potter. Too late."


"NO!" Harry cried out, sitting up quickly. Gone was the forest and gone was the evil figure. The fire in the Gryffindor common room was still burning brightly as if to dispel the terrible dream. He shook his head, trying to clear his mind of the voice. "Through her, we can get to and destroy you. Destroy you through her, through her-"

Harry clamped his hands over his ears. "It's just a dream," he told that stubborn voice. "Only a dream." He trudged up the stairs to get into his own bed. He huddled down in the blankets but nothing could stop the chills creeping up his spine.




"You're awfully quiet," Ginny observed at breakfast. "Is something wrong?"

Harry didn't hear what she said. He just kept stirring his tea with an absent expression on his face.

"Hello Harry," Ron said in a sing song voice. "Wake up!"

"What?" Harry said, confused.

"Finally," Ron said. "We've been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes!"

"Are you alright?" Ginny asked concerned. "You look really tired."

"I was up late," Harry confessed. "I didn't get much sleep."

Ginny nodded. "Worried about today's lesson?"

"What lesson?" Ron asked.

"Don't you notice anything, Ron?" Hermione said exasperated, coming up to the table. "Harry's acting as a sort of student teacher in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Viktor asked him to." Hermione flipped her hair over one shoulder and turned back to Harry. "Anyway, Viktor said that he'd like to talk to you before school starts. He's waiting for you."

Harry stood and picked up his books. "I guess I'll go now," he said. "See you later."

"Wait," Ginny said. "I've got to go talk to Dumbledore so I'll walk with you." She grabbed her back pack. "See you in a bit," they said to Ron and Hermione before leaving the Great Hall.

When they had gone, Hermione grabbed a muffin and began to spread butter on it. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Ron staring at her. Finally, she turned and said, "Do you mind? Don't you have anything better to do?"

"Why do you go to Krum's class every morning?" Ron said indignantly.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "You're not going to start that again, are you? Ron, Viktor is my friend. I can go see him any time I want! What does it matter to you anyway?"

Ron looked as if he'd been slapped. "It doesn't matter at all," he said self-righteously.

"Then why do you keep freaking out about it?" Hermione pressed.

"I-well, it's-er-"

Hermione looked expectantly at him. When he failed to grow coherent, Hermione arose, patted his hand, and said, "I'll see you later, Ron." She walked out of the Great Hall. Leaning against the door, she sighed. If I can't get him to admit it, she thought, How can we ever be anything?

Still at the table, Ron had his head in his hands, tugging on his hair. I need to tell her before I lose her to someone else.




"What's been going on these past few days?" Ginny asked.

"What are you talking about?" Harry said, avoiding eye contact with her.

"You've been really quiet and out of it lately. I was just wondering if something was wrong."

Harry didn't know how to tell her that he was scared and didn't even know why. So, he lied.

"I've just been worried about this Defense Against the Dark Arts teaching thing."

Ginny bought it, or at least he thought she did, not clearly seeing her eyes. She could tell something was wrong but she didn't press the issue.

"That must be frustrating. I'm sure you'll do fine, though."

"Yeah," Harry said. "Anyway, what do you need to see Dumbledore for?"

Now, it was Ginny's turn to lie. "I had a scheduling problem. Something needs to be switched but I'm not exactly sure what."

They both practically sighed with relief when they finally stopped outside the Defense Against the Dark Arts room.

"I'll see you later," she said, kissing him on the cheek.

"Bye," he replied and went on in.




The dream is a pivotal sequence for the next few chapters so pay attention. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!! It was a lot of fun to write this one, especially because I got a little Ron and Hermione thing in it. Here's another spoiler:

Professor," Harry said. "Is she-will she-is Ginny..."

"She's alive," he replied. "But only just."


I'm not gonna have any readers left if I keep it up with these spoilers. That's okay. I write for peace of mind, I publish for the readers. I am getting into what is so far my favorite stuff to write. Keep the reviews going! I've been doing pretty good so far in my replies and I love what you have to say!