Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To See You Through The Dark by Narwen3

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Surprise!!! I managed to get on to write a chapter! Count yourselves lucky.

If I was JKR and owned this stuff, I would not have to write what I just wrote.




Harry awoke the next morning early. Ron was still asleep, snoring gently. He hadn't spoken a word to Harry since punching him in the jaw, but Harry was fine with this. As far as he was concerned, the fault was his own and he didn't blame Ron in the least.

Harry left the room and trudged down the stairs. With his hand over his mouth, covering a yawn, he went into the kitchen where Tonks sat at the table, a mug of coffee in her hand.

"Good morning!" she said brightly.

"Morning," Harry replied.

"Have a seat," Tonks said. "I'll get you something to drink."

As Harry sat, a steaming cup of cocoa appeared. He uttered his thanks and took a sip.

"Today's the big day," Tonks said.

"Yeah," Harry replied. "Hey, Tonks? If it's not too forward of me, can I ask you a personal question?"

Tonks set down her cup. "Certainly Harry."

Harry took a deep breath. "How did you know that Professor Lupin was--I mean, how did you know that it was the right time?"

Tonks looked at Harry intently before asking, "Is this about Ginny?"

"No. Well, yes, I mean--I don't know. Let's say no, for now."

Tonks smiled. "I guess it was a lot of things. Like, feelings I got around him. Going for hours without seeing him would be torture. Then, last year at the Ministry, when I got hurt and I thought I was going to die, all I wanted was to see him once more, to tell him how I felt." She looked over to Harry. "I guess that doesn't help much," she said ruefully.

"No, it does," Harry said. "Thanks Tonks."

"No problem," she said lightly. "Now, I have a question for you."

"Yes?" Harry said.

Tonks leaned forward, grinning. "I've been trying to find a look for today. Which do you like? Blonde, or black?" She demonstrated each.

"Show me your natural color."

Tonks obliged and Harry smiled.

"That's the one."




Harry stood up as Tonks entered the drawing room. All the furniture had been cleared away and the room was filled with chairs and people. Almost everyone in the Order had come to the wedding. He saw the soft look on Lupin's face as his bride came towards him. Tonks' hair was a warm brown, flowing past her shoulders in soft waves. Her eyes were bright and blue, the candles reflecting in them. She walked to the front of the crowd and after handing the bouquet to Hermione, she and Lupin clasped hands.

Harry attempted to focus on Dumbledore, but try as he might, he couldn't keep his eyes off Ginny. Sandwiched between Hermione and Ron, she kept her eyes forward, her cheeks glistening with tears. Harry's heart bled for her. I'm such an idiot, he thought. I have to get her back, but how? She thinks I'm scum! I don't blame her for thinking that, I am scum! What kind of hard hearted, unfeeling person does that to someone? How can I get her back? I've got to find a way!

Everybody stood suddenly, clapping and cheering. Tearing his eyes off Ginny, Harry looked to the front where Lupin and Tonks were pulling away from a kiss. Harry stood with the rest, clapping. How did I miss the whole thing?




As the stood in line to congratulate the couple, Harry found himself behind Fred and Angelina. She pulled him into a hug.

"Hullo, Angelina," he said with a smile. "What have you been doing all year?"

"I joined the Order, of course. I've also been working at the Ministry. Magical Games and Sports Department, in advertising. I work with Lee Jordan."

"He's still commentating," Fred added. "He gets free admission to all the Quidditch matches held in Britain."

"That's brilliant," Harry said. "How'd he manage that?"

"No idea," George said, coming up from behind. "But Angelina's gonna try and get us great seats at the next World Cup."

"How's the joke shop going? I heard you were trying to get new premises."

"Got 'em," Fred said proudly. "We're opening a shop in Hogsmeade April First."

"We were going for an opening in Knockturn Alley but someone opened his fat mouth about it to his girlfriend." George gave Fred a dirty look.

"Good thing he did, too," Angelina said sternly. "If your mother had found out, you both would be dead."

"Ah well," said George. "It would have been fun while it lasted. Come on Fred. Got to have a little chat with Mundungus. Excuse us." Fred and George disappeared and reappeared across the room with a loud crack. Angelina rolled her eyes.

"Will they ever grow up?" she asked in exasperation.

"Not likely," Harry said. "They'll be like that forever. And I wouldn't want them to change," he added as an afterthought.

"No need to worry about that," said Angelina, with a smile. "None at all."




Well, I hope you enjoyed that chapter. Hinting at a couple of romantic possiblities here, it ws a lot of fun to do. Keep up the great reviews, you guys have some great insight and I wouldn't have kept writing if it weren't for the fans. If you take the time to read, please take the extra minute it takes to review, it means a lot to me. Ask me questions, I'll answer them. I'm sure you don't need to be told this by now but.....SPOILER!!!

He had never felt closer to his parents.

Not as climactic as some of them maybe, but still....it's the thought, isn't it?