Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To See You Through The Dark by Narwen3

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N Another chapter up. Aren’t you proud of me? Especially since I’m a good girl and I always give credit to JKR. Even if it makes me mad that she’s the genius, not me.




Harry shifted restlessly in his bed. The moon was shining brightly and the soft snores of the other boys filled the room. His scar was prickling and he couldn’t shake the fear that something horrible was happening. He tossed and turned, terrified at what the morning news might bring.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When he awoke the next morning, it was with a start for curiously green, tennis ball shaped eyes were staring him down.

“Dobby!” Harry yelped, falling out of bed. “I’ve told you not to do that!”

“Dobby is sorry, sir!” the house elf squeaked piteously. “Miss said to wake Harry Potter up and give him this note, sir!” Dobby handed a folded paper to Harry, then scampered off. “Bye Harry Potter, sir!” he called.

Grumbling under his breath and wiping sleep from his eyes, Harry unfolded the note.

Dear Harry, something is wrong. I’m scared. I’ve got the worst feeling that something terrible has happened. I don’t know what it is exactly but I don’t know what to do! I will not be at breakfast because I have an appointment with Madame Pomfrey. After, I’m going to go see Dumbledore about this. I’m not sure but it’s probably connected to your scar hurting last night. Don’t worry about it yet. I’ll see you later!
Ginny


Harry folded the note, looking thoughtful. How’d she know about my scar hurting-- “Oh yeah,” he said aloud. “She’s supposed to be a Seer.” He narrowed his eyebrows when the thought entered his head. It would be strange if Ginny was ever powerful enough to make Prophecies and see Visions.

With a shake of his head to clear his thoughts, Harry hurried to breakfast.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Hello, Harry,” Hermione said vaguely as he sat down at the table where she was carefully perusing the content of The Daily Prophet.

“Good Morning,” he replied. “Is there anything of interest in the paper today?”

Wordlessly she handed it over and laid her finger on the front page. Harry bent over to read.

Minister Retiring

After the shocking news of You-Know-Who’s return lasts June, the Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge has announced his retirement. At a press conference at the Ministry last night, Fudge only had this to say. “After more than a decade, I feel that it’s time for me to step down.” When questioned if this had anything to do with the return of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, Fudge had no comment for us and he quickly fled.

However, the question that the Wizarding World is asking now is what our government is going to do now? Who will the next Minister be and will the world cry out once more for Albus Dumbledore?


Harry laid the paper down.

“Wow,” was all he could say.

“I know,” Hermione said, business-like, folding the paper and stowing it in her book bag. “It was only a matter of time. The only problem is, who will the new minister be? Certainly not Dumbledore, he’s refused to take the job every time they offered it.”

“Hmm,” Harry said. “Listen, Hermione, my scar hurt last night.”

“Really?” She looked worried, and leaned forward. “Does this have anything to do with the mood Ginny was in?”

“She told me she was afraid of something but didn’t know what, she could just feel it. Do you think they’re connected?”

“I’m not sure, Harry, but someone needs to talk to Dumbledore about this,” Hermione said seriously.

“Ginny’s going to see him today about it. She sent me a note this morning. She’s with Madame Pomfrey right now,” Harry added.

“I know, I was just there. Madame Pomfrey said that the bandaging on her face could come off in a week and the cast on her ankle was coming off today,” Hermione said.

“Really?” said Harry. “I didn’t think it would be so soon.”

“Ginny’s always been impatient. She wants it off as soon as possible. She’ll still wear a wrap for support and she’ll have crutches but at least it won’t be so cumbersome.”

“That’s good.”

“It’s very good,” Hermione agreed. “She’s been doing a lot better than any of us could have imagined.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As Harry went about his classes that day, he couldn’t shake the feeling of foreboding. His scar had hurt several times in the past few weeks, after half a year of no pain.

“Mr. Potter,” McGonagall said, interrupting his thoughts. Harry looked up, noticing that
the raccoon he was supposed to be Transfiguring had slipped off his desk. McGonagall walked over and grabbed it by the tail. Looking disapprovingly at him, she held it out.

“Sorry,” he said, taking the squirming animal.

“See me after class,” she said shortly before rushing off to pull Neville’s raccoon off his face, in which it had dug its claws.

“Are you okay?” Ron asked. “You’ve been acting very odd.”

“I’m alright,” Harry replied vacantly. “I’m alright.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Mr. Potter, what seems to be the problem?”

Harry looked down at his shoes. “I’m not sure,” he said truthfully. McGonagall raised an eyebrow and he hastened to explain.

“It’s not that I don’t know, it’s just….complicated.”

“Mr. Potter, you’d better provide a good reason for not paying attention in my class or I’ll be forced to give you detention!”

Harry took a deep breath. “I’m concerned, I guess.”

Professor McGonagall folded her hands. “Concerned about what?” she asked.

“My scar has been hurting again,” he said. “Several times in the past few weeks, I’ve woken up to it burning. Last year, it was because Voldemort was really happy or really mad. Only, this time I can’t tell what he’s feeling.”

“Have you seen Professor Dumbledore about this?”

“No. I will later though.”

“Well, Mr. Potter, I’ll let the Headmaster advise you on this one. In the meantime,” she said sternly, “Do not let your mind wander too far. I expect you to pay attention during my class no matter the circumstance. You may go.”

Relieved that he hadn’t gotten into worse trouble than that, Harry gathered his belongings and headed to the Great Hall for lunch.




Okay, I got results with threatening people about my anger at none reviewers and some people actually reviewed who hadn't before. To them, I say "Way to Go!" Now, I know you all missed it on the last one, so here's the spoiler.

"I was up all night," she said shakily. "I Saw....things."

I hope I've got some of you worried. Happy reading and go review!!!