Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To See You Through The Dark by Narwen3

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
AN-Sorry that it’s been so long. I’m a slow typer!

This is my playing around with JKR’s characters. She’s the genius, most definitely not me!




For days, Harry and Ginny waited with bated breath for any news of Lupin or Tonks, but none came. The papers were full of Ministry warnings about Death Eaters and dementors, and above all, the election of the new Minister of Magic.

Then, one morning late in January, the paper carried a small article about their disappearance. Hermione eagerly smoothed out the paper as they all read.

“Ministry Auror Goes Missing.”

Late last night, the Ministry of Magic confirmed the disappearance of an auror. Nymphadora Tonks was supposed to be in New Zealand after her recent marriage to former Hogwarts Professor, Remus Lupin. The couple never arrived at their destination. A Ministry spokeswizard informed
The Daily Prophet that “The Ministry is not to be blamed for the delay in searching for Tonks. She expressly wished not to be bothered, only promising that she would contact her Department by the 13th.” That day has long since passed.

However,
The Daily Prophet must question this event and its connection to past disappearances of Ministry officials, Bartemius Crouch and Bertha Jorkins.

Harry looked up. “Don’t they know by now what happened to them? Do they still refuse to believe it?”

Ginny nodded sadly. “Someone in the Ministry is controlling the press. They must be.”

“Yeah, but who?” Ron asked.

“I hope the new Minister will be able to get this under control,” Harry said. “Who’s applying for the job?”

Hermione flipped to the front of the paper. “‘Jonathan Wells of Ireland.’ He’s not very well known, supposedly has a drinking problem. Only rumors of course but…” she trailed off, leaving the others in no doubt of her opinion of him.”

“Who else?” Ginny asked.

“‘Amelia Bones,’” Harry read, picking up the paper. “‘On the Wizengamot, on the school board. Her brother’s family was killed off by Voldemort,’” Here Ron and Ginny winced. “‘Long time respected member of the Wizarding Community.’ She sounds about right for the job,” Harry said, folding the paper. “She was certainly fair to me at my trial. How do they pick a new Minister, anyway?”

“They have to be employed at the Ministry,” Hermione explained. “As either a Department Head or member of the Wizengamot. Overage wizards vote two weeks after their names are chosen.”

“When is that?” Ron asked.

“This Sunday,” replied Ginny.

“I guess we’ll find out, one way or another,” Hermione said. “By the way, Ron and Ginny, Errol came for you.” She handed them an envelope. “From your Mum. Errol left in a big hurry, he didn’t seem to want to be sent out again.”

Ron opened the letter, scanned over it and suddenly let out a yelp, his eyes bugging out.

“What’s wrong?” Ginny asked, grabbing the letter and reading it herself. About halfway down, she started laughing and didn’t stop. Hermione rolled her eyes in exasperation.

“Would the two of you like to share what is so amusing?” she said acidly. “Harry and I are still in the dark, here.”

“Fred,” Ron said vacantly. “And Angelina. They…they’re-”

“They’ve eloped!” Ginny laughed, wiping tears from her eyes. “Last week! Mum just found out! Ha-ha!”

“Are you serious?” Harry said incredulously. “But they’re barely eighteen!”

“It says here that they were married last Tuesday in London when Fred was presumably on a business trip. Not even George knew they were going to do it!” Ginny turned and nudged Ron. “Isn’t this exciting?”

“Fred…married,” he muttered, almost incoherently.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Hey Harry,” Hermione said, walking into the common room and plopping her book bag down with a sigh.

“Hello, what’s the matter?” He shifted his potions homework over so she’d have more room.

“What?”

“You seem kind of down.”

She laughed. “Oh, that. Don’t worry; it’s not important. I just finished my book and wanted to start a new one but the library is closed for the night. What are you working on?” she asked.

“The report on Veritaserum for Snape. Then, I need to visit Krum to see if he needs help with the lesson this week.”

“I’m glad that everybody caught up,” Hermione said.

“To be honest, me too. All the extra work was killing me. I feel bad for poor Ginny,” he added quietly, glancing at the redhead scribbling furiously at a nearby table. “It’s her OWL year and apparently the teachers haven’t let up any. I tried to…er-talk with her and she practically bit my head off.”

Hermione raised her eyebrows appraisingly and Harry turned slightly pink. “Er, I think that I’ll go see Krum now,” he said hurriedly, throwing his quill down and rushing, red-faced from the room.

Hermione smiled at Harry’s discomfort and began to tidy up the mess he had left. Shuffling papers to the side, she noticed a large book underneath them.

“A History of the Potters,” she read. Sure that Harry wouldn’t mind, she opened it at the beginning and started to read.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Velcome, Harry. I’m glad that you stopped by.”

“Hey,” Harry said. “I just came to see if you needed help with the lesson this week.”

Krum smiled. “No, I believe that I can take care of it from here on. I vould like to thank you for all your help, though. I know this year hasn’t been easy for you and you’ve been busy, but you haff alvays been prepared. Everyone seems to haff caught up by now.”

“No, it sure hasn’t been easy,” Harry admitted. “I wanted to ask you something,” he said, changing the subject.

“Certainly.”

“You’re a very famous wizard, right? You played Seeker for Bulgaria and you’re one of the youngest teachers Hogwarts has ever had.”

“So, vat is your question for me?” he asked when Harry didn’t continue.

Harry took a deep breath. “How do you cope with the stress and publicity of being famous while still living a normal life?”

Krum smiled. “This has bothered you?”

Harry nodded.

“Vell, it isn’t easy. An important thing is to remember your friends. You haff very great friends, I believe. However, Herm-own-ninny tells me that quite often, you’ll not be talking to each other. That must stop. Friends are your greatest treasure. You must also remember to keep a calm head. People are vatching you all the time and anything that you do vill reflect on how people see you. There is no need to give the press more bad things to print on you. You vill haff to go out in public and ven you do, you must be yourself. Live life normally. Don’t let the vorld change who you are.”

Harry looked confused. “That’s it? Be nice to your friends, the camera, and stay true to yourself? But that’s so easy.”

“It can be easier to giff advice than to receive it, sometimes,” Krum said wisely.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

One of the most famous wizards of this line is Godric Gryffindor, co-founder of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and first head of Gryffindor House.

Hermione jumped and quickly read the line again. There it was in black and white. Godric Gryffindor. She looked up slowly.

“Harry…is the Heir of Gryffindor.” Quickly, she rushed from the room.

“I have to talk to Dumbledore!”




Hey, long time no read! Glad to see that you are still with me. You know the drill, leave a lovely review, I’ll give a lovely reply in turn and a demonic spoiler. Happy reading!

At long last, Dumbledore lifted his head up. The ancient face was lined, the caring eyes tired, and tears fell freely down the worn cheeks.

“No,” Harry said taking a step backwards.


Whew, I love this game!


I have some sad news for you. Since school is letting out, I am incapable of updating as frequently as I would like. Never fear, I won't abandon my story but it will become increasingly difficult to use the computer and update. I'm very sorry, but I do still love you!