Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To See You Through The Dark by Narwen3

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
AN: Dang log in glitches. Oh well, finally this is up. Sorry for the late. You all know, props to JKR, yadda yadda yadda.




On Friday, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny boarded the Knight Bus. Once more it was crowded with holiday travelers and they were hard-pressed to find seating togehter. It was with much relief that they got off at Grimmauld Place. Mrs. Weasley was waiting outside and they entered the house as discretely as possible.

Once inside, she gave them her customary round of hugs.

"Ginny dear, how have you been feeling?" she asked with concern. "Is the leg better?"

"Very much so, Mum. Madame Pomfrey said that it's healed better than she ever expected."

Mrs. Weasley affectionately hugged her daughter. "I'm so glad that your accident didn't have lasting effects." She scrutinized Ginny's hair. "I like it short."

"I decided to let it grow naturally."

Her mother smiled. "And how are you, boys? And you, Hermione?"

"I'm fine," Hermione said and Harry and Ron nodded.

"Has Tonks arrived?" Harry asked.

"Yes, poor dear. She came last night. Why don't you all go on up to your rooms; come down again for lunch."

Obediantly they trekked up the stairs. On the second floor, they ran into Fred and George as they were shamefacedly heading downstairs.

"I wouldn't mess with Dad today," George advised.

"He's a little uptight," added Fred.

"What did you two do?" Ginny asked.

"Exactly what I would like to know," a voice from behind said.

"Angelina!" exclaimed Fred cheerfully.

"Don't even think about it," she barked when he tried to kiss her. "You and I are going to have a little chat."

He called over his shoulder as she started to drag him away. "Isn't my wife wonder-"

"Oh shut up!" Then they were gone.

George shook his head, sadly. "Poor bloke. I could have warned him that he would never be in charge again if he married her."

"Oh, well," Harry said. "I'm sure he's happy."

"What did you do, anyway?" Hermione asked.

"Rocket Racers," George said proudly. "Fred and I invented them. Only, one got into Buckbeaks room and he went crazy and started smashing things. Mad-Eye heard it and well, you know Mad-Eye. He thought it was an attack so he went crazy as well." He laughed a little, then sobered. "Would have been great fun if it wasn't for...circumstances."

"How is she?" Harry asked.

"You know Tonks. She's hurting but she'll be okay." He looked at his watch. "Blimey, you lot better get going to the kitchen. It's almost time to eat." He disapparated with a pop.

"Honestly," Hermione huffed. "Rocket Racers? When will they ever learn?"

"Never," Angelina said, coming down the stairs alone. "Fred and George are gonna be kids forever."

Ginny gave Angelina a hug. "I was so excited to hear the news!" she said, happily. "I always wanted a sister!"

"Come on," Hermione coaxed. "Tell us everything. The proposal, the wedding..."

Harry and Ron rolled their eyes and walked behind them as the giggling and laughing started. Hearing a door open behind them, they stopped as the girls continued onward.

"Is she gone?" Fred stuck his head out the door, then sighed. "Good. You know, I love her but if I'm gonna survive this she's gotta stop catching me when I get in trouble!"

"Or," Ron said, "You could just not get in trouble."

"Nah," replied Fred. "If I did that I would never get to see how beautiful she is when she's angry." He laughed ruefully. "She sure can roast a fellow, though."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lunch was well underway when they finally arrived. Fred obediantly took the seat next to Angelina and Harry and Ron sat at the far end of the table by Charlie, Mad-Eye, and Tonks.

Charlie and Tonks were in the middle of a discussion but Tonks looked up and smiled somberly at Harry and Ron before turning back to Charlie to answer a question he had asked.

"Arthur!" Mad-Eye barked across the table. "Have you seen Kingsley?"

"He told me he had some unfinished business," Mr. Weasley replied. "I expect him along any-"

"I'm here!" Kingsley said, striding briskly into the room.

"Ah, Kingsley, have a seat and some turkey."

Kingsley shook his head. "Arthur, Molly, can I have a word with the two of you privately?"

Their children glanced worriedly at each other as the Weasley parents left the room with the tall Auror. George nodded to Fred who grinned and reached into his pocket.

"Don't you dare," Angelina said and Fred meekly let go of the Extendable Ear.

"Good girl," Mad-Eye said gruffly.

About ten minutes later, Mr. Weasley came back.

"Children, could you come with me? You too, Angelina."

His eyes looked tired and as they all left, Kingsley came back in to join Harry, Hermione, Tonks, and Mad-Eye.

"What's the matter, Kingsley?" asked Tonks, her eyes full of worry. "Not another attack?"

"No," he said. "It's Percy."

"Percy?" Harry and Hermione said together.

"Yes Percy. He's here."

"Wait Kingsley, start at the beginning of the story," Tonks said.

"He showed up at my office today. He knew that I know Arthur and wanted to get in touch with him."

"How did Mr. and Mrs. Weasley handle it?" Hermione asked, her eyes wide.

"I think bringing his wife and baby helped win Molly over."

Harry's jaw dropped. "Wife...and baby?"

Kingsley nodded. "Of course. Her name is...Penny, I think he called her."

Mad-Eye growled. "Are you sure it was him?"

"Trust me," Kingsley laughed. "No one could act that pompous and be faking it."

Mrs. Weasley returned to the room, holding an infant in her arms. "Harry dear? Could you follow me please? You too, Hermione." She looked over at Tonks and Mad-Eye.

"I'm so sorry about this Tonks, I-"

"It's alright," Tonks said, quietly. "Go be with your family."

As they headed down the hallway, Hermione whispered, "Why do they need to have us?"

Harry shrugged as Mrs. Weasley opened the door to the parlor.

Fred and George were sitting against the window seat and nearby on a sofa against the wall were Charlie and Ron. Ginny and Angelina sat on either side of Penny. Percy and Mr. Weasley were in chairs in the middle of the room.

They all looked up when Mrs. Weasley pushed open the door and Harry and Hermione walked in. Mr. Weasley
raised an eyebrow.

"Harry, I believe Percy has something he wished to say to you." He nodded and Percy stood, adjusting his eye
glasses.

"Harry, I feel that I may have been remiss in some of my...well, a lot of my ways. I would like to give you my sincere apologies. I simply could not make myself believe that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is back, however, after last June..." He cleared his throat. "Well, you know what I mean."

"No, I don't," Harry said coldly. "Will you please spell it out for me?"

Percy looked taken aback, and the family sitting around them exchanged nervous glances.

"Harry..." Ginny said, uneasily.

"No, I want him to know. Percy, have you any clue what happened in the Department of Mysteries. The whole story, I mean?"

"I-"

"Did you hear about Ginny's broken ankle," he continued angrily. "What about the brains that attacked Ron, or Dolohov's curse on Hermione? Two other students were injured as well, Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood. We were fortunate to survive but others weren't so lucky. Sirius Black, my godfather, was killed by Death Eaters. He was one of the good guys, but the Ministry didn't believe it. Maybe it wouldn't have happened if some Ministry officials had listened to us the first time."

Percy hung is head and when he spoke it was with a sincere tone; the pompous manner gone.

"Harry, there was no excuse for my actions and I know that I have caused you great pain. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me my mistakes?" He extended his hand.

Harry looked at it. Bitter memories flooded through his brain. How could he forget all the things Percy had done and his arrogance in doing them. He had betrayed him and Dumbledore. Even worse, he had turned his back on his family, his own flesh and blood! Anger boiled up inside of him again but
suddenly, a curious thought struck him and it was like ice, cooling the fury.

This is what I've been fighting. What we've been fighting. This hatred and contempt I feel is the work of Voldemort. If I do not forgive...

Without any more thoughts or misgiving, he reached out with his own hand to grasp Percy's.

Everyone in the room seemed to sigh with relief. Harry smiled up at Percy who returned it with a broad grin.




Okay, before anyone jumps on me, I still feel that Percy is salvageable so that's why this chapter is up. Please don't fill this with reviews about how much you hate Percy. There is a big difference in my book six and JKR's book six. I don't think any of my readers would actually do that but it has been known to happen so I just thought I'd mention....anyway.....

Spoiler!

"If we stop the fight for even a moment to look back, we'll be lost. Don't look back on the wound, but learn from the pain. That is where you'll find your peace."