Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To See You Through The Dark by Narwen3

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N On to Chapter 5! Mine, not JKR's. She wouldn't want to claim it anyway. ;)




Harry awoke with a start. Mrs. Weasley was yelling up the stairs for him and Ron to get up.

He put his glasses on as he heard her call, "You're late! We need to leave in fifteen minutes!"

He and Ron rolled out of their beds and got moving.

Downstairs in their room, Hermione and Ginny were deep in conversation about the last night. Hermione was ecstatic with what Ginny told her.

"You kissed?" she squealed.

"Shh!" said Ginny. "Yes. And after, he asked if I wanted to, you know, go out with him, so I told him yes!"

Hermione hugged Ginny, giggling. "Ginny, that's great! I'm so happy for you!" Hearing a creak outside the door, they were suddenly silenced.

"Girls?" came Mrs. Weasley's knock at the door. "We're leaving now."

"OK, Mum," Ginny replied. She and Hermione dragged their trunks down the stairs and in doing so, passed the kitchen. Harry and Ron were at the table, eating their porridge. Ron was eyeing his through bleary eyes. Harry looked up and smiled at Ginny blushing as he did so. Ginny giggled and smiled back. Hermione raised her eyebrows at Harry then rolled her eyes at Ron who was still contemplating his spoon. Whispering to each other, they went out to load their trunks in the waiting taxis.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

King's Cross was packed with people returning to school making it difficult to get to Platform 9 3/4. When the group had finally gone through, Mrs. Weasley made her rounds.

"Ron, dear be good this year, stay clear of trouble. Keep an eye on Pigwidgeon, don't send him on any more long journeys, you know it tires him. Ginny darling, have a good year. Be responsible, study hard for your OWLs. Harry and Hermione, thank you for visiting us, we hope to hear from you this year."

Mrs. Weasley hugged them all, squeezing Ginny a second time and whispering something in her ear that made her blush. Quickly, Mrs. Weasley hurried them onto the red train. The whistle blew and the Hogwarts Express chugged away.

After finding a compartment and setting their on the luggage racks, Harry and Ginny said goodbye to Ron and Hermione who had to go to the prefects compartment.

"We'll be back in and hour or so," Ron said. "Come on Hermione."

"See you two later," she said with a wide smile.

When they were gone, Harry turned to Ginny. "Does she know?"

Ginny blushed. "Yeah. But she would have figured it out eventually."

Harry nodded. "True. What about Ron?"

"I haven't said anything, have you?"

Harry shook his head no. "I'll tell him though."

He sat down next to Ginny and held her hand. She closed her eyes and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Hey Ginny?"

"Hm?" she said without opening her eyes.

"What happened with you and Dean?"

She looked into his eyes, smiling somewhat guiltily. "Nothing. I made it up to get Ron to freak out."

They both started to laugh and were busy debating Quidditch teams by the time Ron and Hermione returned. The four of them set up a card table to play Exploding Snap, Harry and Ginny against Ron and Hermione. Under the cover of the table, Harry reached out to grip Ginny's hand.

"So, Hermione," said Ron. "Who's Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?" Hermione shook her head.

"I'm not telling."

"How'd you find out anyway?" Ginny asked trying not to be distracted by Harry's hand on hers.

"I heard when I interned at the Ministry this summer, which was absolutely fascinating."

"How could you intern for the enemy?" Ron asked appalled.

"Ron they're not the enemy, Voldemort is." Ron and Ginny cringed. Hermione shook her head at them and continued on. " Anyway, it's best to know what they're up to."

It was dark outside when they finally reached the castle. Harry, Ginny and Hermione got up to leave but Ron remained sitting there, a suspcious look upon his face.

"You go ahead," Hermione said to the other two. They shrugged and walked off.

"What's up?" she asked innocently. He turned to glare at her.

"You know full well."

"What are you talking about?"

"What's going on with them?" he snarled.

"Who?" asked Hermione sweetly, leaving the compartment.

"Ginny and Harry," Ron snapped, following her. "I saw them holding hands under the table. Plus, Harry has been acting strange for days. Something is going on."

"Don't be ridiculous," she replied tartly. "There's absolutely nothing for you to worry about."

"But-"

"No. If you want to know what's going on you need to ask them. Leave me alone about it."

Ron growled under his breath. "She's my sister, I have the right to know."

"Why do you always have to be so difficult?" questioned Hermione sharply. "If your sister's happy, then let her be."

"Come on," Ron said rolling his eyes. She followed him to the last carriage to the school. He didn't speak for the remainder of the ride.

When they finally arrived at Hogwarts, they soon saw that they were the last ones there.

Hurrying into the Great Hall, they noticed Professor Dumbledore standing and speaking. Behind him at one of the teacher's tables stood a lone figure.

"...and therefore," said Dumbledore," since the, ahem, much beloved Deloros Umbridge had to leave us at the end of last year, we've hired on a new teacher. I would like you all to welcome Professor Viktor Krum, our new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor."





Okay, so I finally told you guys who it was. Happy now? Anyway, I want a little tension between Harry Ginny and Ron so I added him getting upset. Also, later on, there will be a story plot behind some magical talent that Ginny possesses but isn't aware of. There are a couple little hints through out this and it will be more apparent as the time comes. If anybody wants to venture a guess, please contact me but don't put it in your review. I don't want the story line completely given away. As ever, please review and here's your spoiler.

"You'll soon learn, Potty," Malfoy said poisonously, "what it means to have money. "I can get whatever I want from anyone I want whenever I want it."

Hahahahahaha!!! I'm evil. Not so much here, but later.