Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To See You Through The Dark by Narwen3

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I don't own anything that you have heard of before. I like to play around with the Potter world. I have no life. That being said, here's the story.


Ron's jaw dropped in horror. "Krum? Here?" His voice squeaked.

During the thunderous applause that ensued, Ron and Hermione moved to sit at the Gryffindor table.

"Wow," Harry whispered to Hermione. "When did he graduate?"

"Just two years ago," Hermione whispered back. "You know that they were short on teachers. He came to the Ministry looking for work. You have to admit, he knows his Defense Against the Dark Arts."

"Yeah," Ron snorted. "Bet he got loads of teaching from Karkaroff."

"Honestly Ronald," said Hermione, starting to get really annoyed. "Get over it. Viktor has never done anything to make us believe he's a servant of Voldemort. Besides, Karkaroff quit. He ran off after fourth year."

"Anyway, Ron, you can't accuse people of being Death Eaters just because you're jealous of them." Ginny said, calmly sipping her pumpkin juice.

Ron spluttered incoherently, his ears a violent red. Harry, Hermione and Ginny rolled their eyes in tandem. The feast, as usual, was superb but Harry was uncomfortable. He could feel Ron's eyes boring into his skull but every time he looked up, Ron was looking away.

At the end of the feast, Dumbledore arose to bid them farewell. "Before we send you off, I would like to introduce you to your Head Boy and Head Girl. A lot of thought was put into their selection. Our Head Boy is none other than Paulo Smith of Ravenclaw," he paused for applause.

"I've never heard of him," Harry whispered to Hermione.

"He's supposed to be really smart," she said back. "Now be quiet, Dumbledore is not finished."

"...a young lady who's worked hard throughout her schooling and has achieved excellent marks in all her classes, Miss Cho Chang, also from Ravenclaw!"

Harry's stomach dropped as Cho stood for her applause. He wasn't sorry about breaking up but he still felt a shock when he saw her. Catching his eye, she flashed him a smile. He gave her a half smile in return before turning away. He never saw the disappointed look on her face.


The entire school arose to leave. Amidst the jostling students, Harry got separated from his friends. Suddenly, he found himself face to face with Malfoy.

"So, Potty. Do you miss your godfather?"

"Your dad break out of prison yet?"

"He's biding his time. Waiting for the world to calm down and forget, you know." He folded his arms smugly.

"I've got news for you Malfoy. The world is not going to forget. Now, everybody knows exactly what he is." Harry stared him in the eye intently.

Malfoy cracked his knuckles and got as much into Harry's face as he could. "You'll soon learn, Potty," Malfoy said poisonously, "what it means to have money. I can get whatever I want from anyone I want whenever I want it."

"Harry, Harry!" came a voice from behind him. He turned and found himself face to face with Cho. She looked at Malfoy and said, "Shouldn't you be going back to your dormitory?" Malfoy threw a menacing glare at Harry and walked away. Cho turned back to face him.

"Listen, Harry," she said softly. "I've been thinking a lot this summer."

"Oh yeah?"He looked around. Where is Ginny? he thought, urgently.

"Yeah, I have. And I realized that I was wrong about a lot of things. Marietta was weak when it came to thinking for herself. But I want to be strong, even if it means defying my parents and the Ministry."

"Oh?" questioned Harry politely, not liking where this was going.

"Anyway, what I wanted to say was, I want to know if you'll have me back?"

Harry's stomach dropped and his ears roared. He had not been expecting this at all.

"You see, Cho, I...well, that is to say I...er." He was saved at that moment by Ginny appearing at his side. "Harry, are you okay?" She looked at Cho and Harry could almost sense Ginny warning her to stay away. Cho looked between the two of them.

"So that's it then, is it." she said with a choked voice. "I'll see you around, Harry." She almost ran, so quick was her departure.

Harry turned to look at Ginny who slid her hand into his. "What was that about?" she asked curiously and not a bit jealously.

"I have no idea," Harry replied truthfully. Hand in hand they headed upstairs to Gryffindor tower.




Thank you for all the reads and reviews. There are over two thousand reads, keep it up! I write for my own peace of mind but I publish for you guys so please make sure that you review if you want me to keep putting up chapters!
You'll kill me for this one but here's your spoiler!

"Ginny, there-there's something I need to tell you. Something important, something that I haven't told anybody."

She looked expectantly at him, worry etched on her face. "What is it?" she whispered.

"It's about--"


I have a little warning about the following chapters as well. I have decided to play Harry as more sensitive. If the guys in my fics cry, it's because I want them to be human, not filled with a stereotypical masculinity that is disgusting. It's my personal opinion that guys who cry are attractive. So, it's not a statement about their masculinity, it's me creating characters that I love.
Sorry, I'll get off the soapbox. Please review!