Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To See You Through The Dark by Narwen3

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"I write for piece of mind. I publish for the readers."
Amy





Ginny shook her head, confusion in her eyes.

"What prophecy?"

Harry stood up facing the fire, keeping his back to her. "The weapon that the Order was hiding from Voldemort. The one that nearly got us all killed a few months back. Fifteen years ago, Professor Trelawney made a prophecy. A real one, that is. In it, she spoke of a boy, born at the end of July whose parents had defied and escaped Voldemort three times. This boy would have power that the Dark Lord did not and Voldemort would mark him as his equal."

Harry turned around to face Ginny again. She looked as if she'd been Petrified and she gasped as she saw the lightning bolt scar and realized its true signifigance.

"That boy is you?" she whispered.

Harry nodded and sank down on his knees to look her in the eyes.

"But that's not the end of the Prophecy, is it?" Ginny asked looking fearful.

"No."

"I don't want to hear anymore," Ginny said moving her fingers along his scar. "I'm afraid." Her voice broke.

Harry took a deep breath and recited. "And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives." He dropped his head. "That was the weapon that Voldemort was looking for."

"This can't be real. You're not serious." Ginny stated, her eyes filling with tears.

"I wish I wasn't," Harry said, holding her hands in his own, wanting to comfort her but knowing that there were no words of comfort that he could give.

"Then you must either kill You-Know-Who or be killed by him?" Ginny asked.

"Please Ginny, just call him Voldemort, say his name and forget about your fear!" Harry pleaded.

She shook her head, crying. "I can't Harry. You may not fear him but I do. It's been a big part of my life. For fifteen years I've heard You-Know-Who this and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named that. While I hate that fear, I must give in to it!" She sobbed against his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Ginny." Harry said, putting his arms around her. "I shouldn't have told you. It was stupid of me to-"

"Oh no," Ginny said, swallowing back her tears. "Nobody should have to deal with a secret this big on their own. I'm sorry I reacted so badly. I just don't want to-" She stopped, shocked at what she had just been about to say.

"what?" Harry asked.

Ginny shook her head. "Nothing, that just slipped out accidentally."

"Please tell me," he asked softly.

She looked into his green eyes and quietly said, "I just don't want to lose you."

"Ginny, I-" he stopped, took a deep breath and continued. "I promise I will never leave you. I never understood. I didn't get it until I met you."

"Get what?" she asked.

"Everything, I guess." He hugged her to him. "I think clearer with you. I feel happier and like I can face anything."

Ginny smiled. "I feel the same."

Pulling her closer, Harry kissed her forehead. Long in to the night they talked until they finally fell asleep and they did not awake until the morning.




"You two had better explain yourselves now." Ron hissed.

"What?" Harry yawned, sitting up. Ginny opened her eyes and looked around blearily. "Is it morning already?"

"What do you two think that you are doing?" Ron said vehemently. "Do you actually think that this is okay? I can't believe that you would, would actually, you and--"

"Ron, lower your voice, please. You'll wake everybody up!"

"Ginny, don't even start with me! What would Mum say if she knew you and Harry were, were--" He couldn't finish his sentence because he was so flustered.

"Were what?" Harry asked.

"Nothing happened, Ron!" Ginny said. "It was completely innocent!"

"You think I would do that to Ginny? Just use her like that?!" Harry was incredulous.

"I don't know what to think anymore!" Ron yelled. "I certainly never thought that you would be going out with my sister behind my back!"

"I am not a child Ron!" Ginny cried out. "I can make my own decisions about what's right for me! If I want to date Harry, I will. If I want to kiss him, you can't stop me! And if I want to run away with him to get married tonight, do you think I am going to wait around for your blessing?!" And with that, she stormed up to the girl's dormitory.

Ron turned, bug eyed to look at Harry. "You-you-married?!" he squeaked hoarsely.

Harry rolled his eyes and sighed. "Sarcasm, Ron. She was being sarcastic."

He turned and ran up the stairs to his own dormitory, leaving Ron behind him gaping like a goldfish out of its tank.




So, what do you think? The secret is out and Ginny is okay with it. They have a sweet little moment and it's so sweet and happy, then Ron sticks his long nose in and assumes the worst. Sometimes he's a frustrating guy but such a fun character to play around with. Here's your spoiler:

We're all growing up, he thought. Even Neville is more confident. This war will make us old before our time and we are not even trying to hang onto our youth.

I won't be able to put up another story until Tuesday. However, I will be writing. I'm already on chapter 16 and it's looking quite beautiful. Anyone Seeing what's up with Ginny's secret talent?