Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

With Tired Eyes, Minds, and Souls We Slept by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I own none of this. Well- I guess I own some- well not own, just borrowing- except, well, the plot, and my own characters- so I guess, yeah I do own some stuff! Anyway, what I’m trying to say is Thank You JKR!

**********************************************************

“Morning,” a beautiful, slightly plump red-haired woman cheerfully greeted her husband.

“Good Morning, Gin,” the man replied, bending down and kissing his wife. “What’s on the agenda today?”

“I’ve got an appointment with the OB Healer this afternoon and then the rest of the day is free, since I'm on leave at the office,” Ginny Potter replied, resting a hand on her stomach. Her husband, a handsome black-haired man named Harry Potter, grinned.

“What are you doing with her today?”

“We finally get to learn whether it is a boy or a girl,” she replied beaming.

“Can you believe “only six more months?” he asked.

“Six more months, and we’ll have a family.”

“I want a boy, though,” she told him happily. “I don’t want to go through the whole dress-up and dolls phase.”

Harry laughed. “I wouldn’t mind. You didn’t go through it, from what I hear. Besides, it’d be you who’d have to deal with it.” Ginny slapped him playfully. “Just as long as he or she is healthy, I’ll be the happiest person in the world.”

Ginny’s lips gently brushed his. “I know that I already am,” she whispered softly. They kissed again.

“Alright see you for lunch at twelve, then,” she murmured after they finally pulled away.

“Twelve it is,” he agreed before kissing her again before parting ways.

*******************************************

“Ah yes, Mr. Potter. Your wife has just been seated.” Harry nodded toward the waiter and seated himself at the small table in the back corner of the restaurant. He pecked Ginny on the lips and smiled.

“How was your morning?” she asked him as he opened his menu.

“Pretty uneventful,” he replied. “I asked Ron, Hermione and the rest of your family to meet us at the Burrow later today so that we can tell them the gender of our baby.”

Ginny nodded. “I was hoping you would do that.”

“I know,” he said, chuckling.

Ginny rolled her eyes. “I’m still not used to the whole emotion reading thing.”

“Neither am I, but it does come in handy,” he added.

“It’s kind of nice knowing how you’re doing whenever I feel the urge to know,” she agreed.

They placed their orders and chatted happily about their mornings. As they ate, Harry couldn’t help but think back to the day he found out that he would be a father.

*****************Flashback****************************************

Harry and Ginny had just gotten back from their honeymoon in France. Ron and Hermione greeted them excitedly.

“How was your trip?” Hermione squealed while giving Ginny a tight hug.

“It was great!” Ginny screamed before plunging into the story of their month long trip. Hermione was laughing at something foolish that Harry had done, when Ginny suddenly doubled over as if in pain.

“Ginny!” Harry shouted in shock. She straightened slowly.

“I’m fine,” she tried to reassure them. Hermione felt her forehead tentatively.

“You have a fever!” the older witch exclaimed. “Let’s get you to bed.”

The two girls walked slowly into Harry and Ginny’s brand new house.

“How is she?” Harry asked ten minutes later when Hermione finally came back out.

“I think that she’s just tired. Let her rest and we’ll see how she feels later.”

That day passed by slowly as Harry unpacked clothes and explored his new house. The next morning Ginny proclaimed that she felt just fine.

“I only have a slight fever,” she admitted when Harry asked how she was. However later that day he found her rushing to the bathroom to vomit.

“Maybe we should get you to a Healer,” Harry suggested concernedly.

“I’m fine,” she insisted. She didn’t look fine, Harry thought. She was pale and occasionally had to sit down because she felt lightheaded.

Worried for his wife, he went to Hermione, who was still training to be a Healer.

“I’ll talk to her,” she promised. After a half an hour she finished her conversation with Ginny and came back out to talk with Harry. Her faced showed a mixture of shock and glee.

“She wants to see you.”

Harry uncertainly knocked on the closed door to their bedroom and entered. Ginny was propped up by pillows in bed.

He kissed her on the cheek. “How are you feeling?” he asked, sitting beside her on the bed.

“Much better, now that I know what is up,” Ginny replied, smiling. When Harry raised an eyebrow, she continued, “Harry, I’m pregnant.”


****************End Flashback************************

Harry grinned as he remembered the pride and exhilaration that he felt when she told him.

“Harry?” Ginny asked, curious about his silence.

“I was thinking about when you told me that you were going to have a baby,” he replied, still beaming. Ginny smiled too.

“I remember, too,” she said. “I knew that things would be different- better. I’m so excited.”

They kissed and got ready to leave. Harry paid the bill and they left for St. Mungo’s. He squeezed Ginny’s hand reassuringly as they apparated to the hospital.

“Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Potter,” said the elderly healer as they entered her ward.

“Good afternoon, Madam Adamson,” Harry greeted the healer. Ginny was shaking with nerves.

“How have you been feeling, Ginny?” she asked the young witch.

“Fine, just a little queasy,” Ginny replied steadily.

“Alright, then, shall we?” The young couple nodded eagerly.

Ginny smiled as she lay down on the bed and allowed the healer to run her wand over her stomach.

“Very well then. The results should be out in just a few minutes,” Madam Adamson informed them when she was done before bowing out of the room. Harry smiled anxiously at his wife.

She got up from the bed and walked over to Harry, placing herself on his lap.

“I’m nervous,” she admitted to him. Harry smiled.

“I am, too,” he told her, “but I can’t wait. A family- and with you no less, has been my dream for so long. Being here seems so surreal.”

She smiled as the door opened. Ron and Hermione rushed in, beaming at their best friends.

“Oh my goodness!” Hermione squealed. “Just a few more minutes.”

Harry smiled. “We were going to meet you back at the Burrow.”

“We couldn’t wait that long, mate,” Ron grinned. “There’s so much going on now!”

Harry chuckled. “What else is going on now?”

Hermione turned on her husband. “You weren’t supposed to tell them!”

Now Ginny was beginning to get curious. “Tell us what?”

It looked as though the other two were about to burst with excitement.

“Well, Scrimgeour just announced that he was going to step down from his minister position-“

“Why?” Harry interrupted.

“Apparently, things haven’t gone well for him since you defeated Voldemort,” Hermione answered. Harry raised an eyebrow as she continued. “People want you to replace him.”

“What? Me- Minister of Magic?” Harry asked, completely dumbfounded.

Ginny was beside herself with joy. “This is brilliant, Harry!” she told him, hugging him tightly. “You can finally change the wizarding world into what it is supposed to be!”

He still hadn’t allowed the news of the prospect of a new job sink in just yet. “How did you find out?” she asked them. Ron grinned.

“Training to be an Auror has its advantages,” he answered. “Beats being locked up on level nine like you.” He chuckled.

For a moment, Harry raised an eyebrow at his best friend. Hermione slapped her husband’s arm playfully. “Stop that. Harry is doing a great job, even if he can’t tell us what is going on.”

They laughed. “If what you say is true, I won’t be locked up on Level nine for very much longer.”

Their conversation was cut short when the elderly healer stuck her head into the room again. “Good afternoon, Hermione,” she said, recognizing the new voices. “Visiting work on your day off? That must be some dedication you have.”

Everyone chuckled slightly, before Madame Adamson continued. “It seems like yesterday that your parents, Mr. Potter, were in here with their dear friends laughing like this, about to find out that they were about to give birth to a beautiful baby boy.”

“You knew my parents?” Harry asked incredulously.

“I did indeed. In fact, it was I who gave them the news. How excited they were to have a family of their own!”

Harry smiled as Ginny hugged him happily. He know that his parents loved him, but hearing that they were as happy as he was now made the situation seem, if possible, even better.

“I suppose you wish to know about the pregnancy now?” she asked, breaking Harry’s train of thought.

Ron and Hermione nodded eagerly. Harry squeezed Ginny’s hand encouragingly and nodded as well.

“Mr. and Mrs. Potter, you have twins.”

**********************************************
A/N: Welcome back, Oh loyal readers! Just a quick note, If you haven’t noticed, this story is A LOT more light hearted than Revenge of the Serpent was :] It changes a bit, but not as much. I promise there is still drama though. It compensates for the lack of drama in my real life. I realized that I didn't mention what everyone was doing before Harry was kidnapped in Serpent so I put it all in this chapter. Hermione is going to be a Healer, Ginny has a desk job at the ministry, Ron is training to be an Auror, and Harry is an Unspeakable. Adamson is the last name of my date to Sadie Hawkins dance, which fits since his mom is a nurse… Please Review because if you didn’t notice I’ll always respond to reviews. Anyways, bye ‘til next chapter!