Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

With Tired Eyes, Minds, and Souls We Slept by QuIDdITch_PlaYA

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Can I still put author's notes at the bottom??? Oh well :]

Anyways...

Disclaimer: I don't own the character or places... ::Sigh::
Harry and Ginny stared at each other in shock.

“Twins?” Hermione asked for them.

Madam Adamson grinned and nodded. “A boy and a girl,” she informed them.

I guess we get a little of both” Harry chuckled at Ginny mentally.

She stuck her tongue out at him as Madam Adamson left. Soon after, Hemione rushed out of the room, insisting that she needed to use the bathroom. She was nearly squealing with excitement as she slammed the door behind her. They grinned.

“Congrats, mate,” Ron said to Harry.

“Er- thanks,” Harry replied, still shocked speechless. Ginny was clutching his arm. She seemed just as overjoyed as he was.

After fifteen minutes of silence, Hermione pranced into the room, still giddy.

“What took you so long?” Harry asked.

“There was a line,” she replied. Her voice was still shaking with excitement.

“You have a feather on your robes,” Ginny pointed out, raising an eyebrow.

“Let’s just go,” Ron interrupted before Harry could further question her. Ron and Hermione insisted on leaving first, followed closely by Harry and Ginny. Before leaving, the latter two exchanged confused looks. They left together and landed in the completely dark kitchen of the Burrow.

“What-“ Harry was about to ask.

“SURPRISE!” shouted a mixture of many voices as the lights clicked on. Harry laughed as he noticed banners hanging along the wall, which read, “It’s a girl!”

It was a surprise baby shower. Harry laughed harder as he noticed nearly everyone that they had ever met crammed into the magically expanded kitchen. As Mrs.Weasley lead everyone outside where there was more freedom to move around. While making their way out the door, the expecting couple was bombarded by delighted congratulations. Remus especially fought his way out of the crowd to meet with them.

“Congratulations!” he shouted. Harry smiled at the man who he had considered, perhaps not a father figure, but more of a favourite uncle or older friend.

“Thanks,” Harry replied earnestly.

“What will you name them?” Tonks asked Ginny.

“I hadn’t really thought of any names yet.”

“Well better think fast ‘cause you got two on the way in six months!” Again Harry and Ginny laughed, but couldn’t help contemplating possible names. As they were lost in thought, Fred and George came up to them. Ginny groaned inwardly.

“Hey Gred, it seems as though we have some heirs on our way,” George said to his twin.

“Ah, Forge, it would seem that we will have someone to carry on the great name of troublemakers at Hogwarts for us,” Fred replied.

“We also have a girl,” Ginny interrupted before the twins could begin their daydreaming. “Hopefully she’ll take after Hermione.”

Fred gasped and George pretended to faint. However, just as they were beginning to pick themselves off of the floor, Percy fought his way through the crowd toward them. The twins, who had not quite forgiven their brother, glowered and skulked away. Percy pretended that he didn’t notice as they cast dirty looks in his direction. He cleared his throat loudly to get everyone’s attention. When silence had finally fallen over the large party, he pulled an official-looking envelope out of his pocket with a flourish.

“On behalf of the Ministry of Magic, I would like to ask you to take over as Minister of Magic.”

People began to cheer loudly, and Harry took the letter graciously.

“Thanks, Perce,” he said. Ginny squeezed his hand reassuringly. He pocketed the letter carefully. “I’d be honoured.”

More people cheered and, by the time the cake was pronounced ready to eat, some were already hoarse. Mrs. Weasley had tears of pride in her eyes as she cut one of the largest cakes that Harry had ever seen. The partygoers bunched around a large wooden table as Harry and Ginny eagerly handed out thick slabs of pink and blue iced cake. Finally, the young couple got a chance to settle down with their own.

“Grab me a slice, will you?” Ginny asked, exhausted. Carrying her own weight, along with that of two kids was harder than she would have expected. Harry grinned and left. He came back moments later with only one slice, though it was twice the size of any of the other pieces they had given out.

“You didn’t want any?” she asked curiously. Harry raised an eyebrow.

“Would you be able to eat all of this on your own?”

Ginny giggled. “Maybe.”

Harry laughed loudly and pulled out two forks. “I thought we could share, but if you want to eat all of this-“

Ginny grinned sheepishly. “You’re forgetting that I have three to feed now.”

Harry grinned slyly. “I guess I should practice feeding them before they’re born.”

He cut off a piece of cake with one of the forks and gently stuck it in his wife’s mouth. She nearly choked because she was laughing so hard.

“I guess I should, too,” she replied. However, she did not take the fork that Harry was holding out for her but grabbed a large chunk of cake and stuffed it into his mouth. He gagged slightly, stammering over the pastry crammed in his mouth.

“Why you-“ he finally choked out. He grabbed a chunk, though larger than Ginny’s and began to chase her playfully around the garden, cake at hand. When they finally settled down, they had a large amused audience watching their cake war. Ginny sighed in happiness as Hermione wiped frosting out of her hair. The sun was beginning to set, casting the party in shadows from the tall trees surrounding them. If only everyday was like this, she thought, then everything would be so perfect. However, even as she thought this, her gaze shot up.

“Ginny, what’s wrong?” Hermione asked.

“Er- nothing. I thought I saw something.”

Hermione said nothing but glanced toward the trees where Ginny was looking. She saw nothing but the elongating shadows. Nonetheless, Ginny did see something, or more accurately someone, who she had not seen in a long time, and who she had not wanted to see ever again.



A/N: Sorry this chapter is short, but I had to get emotions across and such. I also wanted some light-hearted stuff because I have a lot in store. You got a little taster already. Anyways, I think I have names for the kids, but if you can think of some, give me suggestions. Remember it’s a boy and a girl. I DEFINITELY don’t want Lily and James. Oh and check out the banner in my profile

Less than three, Quidditch_playa