Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Is Blind by GwenSlytherin

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer: I don't claim to own any characters mentioned in the Potterverse. I only wish they were mine. Speaking of mine, I would appreciate it if all original characters stayed mine.
As the blinding flash of green light subsided, silence echoed throughout the room. No one spoke; no one moved. No one breathed. Moriana Snape silently lowered her black hood, staring unblinkingly at the spot on the ground where her older sister lay. Draco didn’t move either; in fact, he never took his eyes off Mora’s body.

Mora’s body. The thought was more than Ana could bear. The tears were silent at first, and then turned into wracking sobs as she fell to her knees. Gathering Mora into her arms, Ana buried her face in her sisters hair, and cried.

“Moriana, get up,” Wormtail commanded from somewhere behind her. Ana shook her head and continued to sob. She could have laughed at him; she was more important to the Dark Lord than Bellatrix Lestrange. She didn’t have to take orders from a lowly servant like Wormtail, whom the Dark Lord hated. She could feel the eyes of the other Death Eaters on her, staring, wondering. Why would she be upset? Wasn’t it Ana herself that had rendered Mora powerless so that they could transport her to the Dark Lord’s lair? Wasn’t it Ana herself who had stood idly by while Draco performed the Killing Curse? She had taken a huge part in her own sister’s murder“ why should she be upset now?

Suddenly two people had a hold of her arms, pulling her back, away from her sister. Looking up, she started to yell. “Nott, Goyle! Let go of me, you bloody bastards!” To her surprise, they dropped her, leaving her sitting on the floor only a few inches away from where she originally started. Now that she wasn’t focusing on Mora, someone else caught her eye.

Draco.

She looked at him, and felt more hatred for him than she had for any other being on the planet. “I’ll kill you,” she whispered threateningly. His eyes widened, although the movement was so small that she wasn’t sure whether she had imagined it or not. He looked almost...hurt. Unexpected from everyone else in the room, Ana raised her wand and pointed it at Draco’s heart. “Avada Kedavra!”

Draco dodged the jet of green light just in time. “Avada... ” Ana started to say the curse again, but was interrupted as Pansy Parkinson shouted, “Expelliarmus!” at her. The disarming spell was so powerful that she was knocked backwards and skidded several more feet across the room. She hit her head on the wall, and dizzily got to her feet. The Death Eaters ran at her, and she shakily made her way across the room, towards the door. Only Draco was standing in her way. In her crazed state, she forgot about getting to the door. She ran straight at Draco, fully intending to strangle him then and there. As she reached him, however, he did something totally unexpected. He wrapped his arms around her. Of course, even this had a point. He had pinned her arms“and inadvertently, her wand“to her sides.

She thrashed about wildly. “Let go of me, Draco!” she shouted. “I’m going to kill you! You back-stabber! Traitor!”

“Drop the wand, Ana,” Draco said in a dangerously low voice.

“No. ”

“Stupefy! ” Ana immediately stopped squirming, and fell limp in Draco’s arms. Her wand clattered to the floor. Voldemort put his own wand back into his robes and peered down at her. He said nothing, but turned and left the room. All the Death Eaters knew to follow him.

Shifting Ana’s weight, Draco put an arm under her knees and carried her out of the room. He tried not to think about how he was carrying her“the way a groom carries his bride. The way he would have been carrying Mora in a few months’ time. It could never be now, not with the one he loved...

The other Death Eaters followed behind: Parkinson, Nott, Crabbe, Goyle, and Wormtail. Most of the Death Eaters had been captured by the Order of the Phoenix. Those that had not been captured had fled into the woods to go into hiding until the War was over. Only a select few had come back to the Dark Lord. In a few days, the last episode of the Final Battle would take place. One of them“Potter or Voldemort“would most assuredly die.

Draco tried to show no emotion as he dropped Ana onto the floor, tried not to wince as he heard her skull hit the stone. He resisted the temptation to bend down and brush a lock of wavy red away from her closed eyes.

As soon as he had put her down, Draco backed away from her and stood with the few other Death Eaters. He was steeling himself, preparing for the awful ordeal of watching Voldemort torturing Ana, the only woman he had ever loved.